First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 bronco, 2021 first edition, 2023 bronco raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i had/have those exact two vehicles in 2 doors, but just sold the fe. it was lightning blue with black interior and 1100 miles. my 23 wildtrak is velocity with hoss 3.0 and every option. it has 80 miles on it but probably selling it also. the hoss is night and day better, but i was hung up on the color bc the lightning was so rare. but oh well not too worried about it bc i have a bronco raptor now along with every other raptor variations on order...2 ranger raptors, raptor r, and 3 more bronco raptors and another 2 door wildtrak so ill try to figure out how to manage somehow. 🙈🤦‍♂️
Sponsored

Last edited:

springer

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition , 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The internal name was called Luna, but the public marketing name was called Navy Pier. It is the same interior that was available on the OBX. The two names were Luna and Roast. Apparently, Luna was thought to be too hippy and Navy Pier prevailed. The Luna interior was the only option on the FE until reservation holders whined that they wanted an all black option.
I have a 2021 First Edition two-door, Lightning Blue with the two-tone interior. The window sticker describes the leather seats as - LTH-TRM/VINYL GRAY/NAVY STS, which translates to - LEATHER TRIM/ VINYL GRAY AND NAVY SEATS
Ford Bronco Should I trade my 23 Wildtrak in for a 21 First Edition Img_0843.jpg.sm

Last edited:

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Having gone from a '21 BL to a '23 WT, the HOSS 3.0 fantastic. Don't forget the valve problems with the 2.7 in '21. My BL fell right before the hot spot, had 1 failure reported the day before my engine was built and 1 the day after. It always stuck in the back in mind though it ran flawlessly until I sold it.

Rdperez9412

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wildtrack all day.

The only differences are the first edition has the sway bar disconnect as well as the rock sliders and bash plates standard.

the wildtrack has the fox shocks, upgraded steering gear and tie rods.

You can always add the bash plates and rock sliders (better options on the aftermarket than oem). and they have a manual sway bar disconnect you can add as well. i think the wildtrack is sooo much better than the first edition

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wouldn't make that trade, in addition to the HOSS there have been improvements over the last 2 model years, subtle as they are and you'd get to enjoy the peace of mind of the warranty a few years longer on the 23 WT.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We have both a FE 2dr and WT 3.0 2dr. ... I love them both. Either one is an awesome choice.
It's probably easier to upgrade the FE to the hoss3 shocks and steering, than to swap in the swaybar disconnect in the WT.

If I had to choose between one I'd keep my FE even though I love the eruption green WT color that was NOT available in FEs.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hard no, there are a lot of things that have been corrected between a 21 and 23.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The internal name was called Luna, but the public marketing name was called Navy Pier. It is the same interior that was available on the OBX. The two names were Luna and Roast. Apparently, Luna was thought to be too hippy and Navy Pier prevailed. The Luna interior was the only option on the FE until reservation holders whined that they wanted an all black option.
As an FE reservation holder, and now owner, I've never heard Luna referenced as the Navy Pier. That said, I didn't whine but was definitely happy and applauded the fact that they provided another option beside that ugly ass option. And for the record, multiple options, not just all black, were actually requested.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No way I would trade a 23 WildTrak for a 21 FE... Nope... Not unless you are banking on keeping it 30 years and then hoping it will appreciate in value substantially over other 6 gen Broncos. I don't see that happening really, when the platform differences are minor between the top trims (21 Badlands, Wildtrak, and First Edition). It's just not going to appreciate like it was truly special... Had they made the FE different enough (larger engine, beefier suspension, beefier driveline, upgraded steering rack) then maybe you would have a reason to trade, but that is not the case here.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think it's worth it...its an (AA) motor...probably with a 208 build day...give up suspension for sway bar disconnect...no way...but hey you get an extra sticker
LOL, I have a 208 Day AA motor... what's wrong with that? ;) I have 73,000 miles on mine. It's gonna blow up any day now!

Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

LOL, I have a 208 Day AA motor... what's wrong with that? ;) I have 73,000 miles on mine. It's gonna blow up any day now!
I was laughing as I wrote that cause I knew the mileage king would respond

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

More details about the trade in.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're trying to get rid of your warranty ASAP, yes.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm not understanding the lure to go from a 23 to a 21? The Wildtrack 23 has a lot of updates from my understanding. Now maybe if the 21 is modded, and I do mean modded, maybe? But that would depend on the mods.

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No x 1000. Wildtrak is better outside of paint in every other feature.
Sponsored