Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WIldtrak HOSS 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
don't even consider such a thing!

HOSS 3.0 and the minor changes on the 23, also less buggy than a 21!
Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Value Retention and I think the Lighting Blue is beautiful
If you really want Lightning Blue then I that would be your choice.

If you DD your First Edition, it isn't going to retain any extra value over any other similarly equipped Bronco. Maybe if you put it in a hermetically sealed garage and don't drive it for the next 30 years then you might have something slightly more valuable than any other 2021 Bronco.

dj101nyc

Wildtrak
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi,

Just wanted to ask other bronco fans their opinion on something, I have been debating trading in my 23 Wildtrak Lux with 3K Miles for a 21 First Edition with 1900 Miles. Please let me know your opinions!

Thanks

Brian
You're trading a hoss 3.0 in for a hoss 2.0, I vote no! Downgrading the suspension and steering rack...

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you really want Lightning Blue then I that would be your choice.

If you DD your First Edition, it isn't going to retain any extra value over any other similarly equipped Bronco. Maybe if you put it in a hermetically sealed garage and don't drive it for the next 30 years then you might have something slightly more valuable than any other 2021 Bronco.
Sorry man, but no Bronco is going to hold it’s value in excess of what they do now for maybe 15-20 years and only if it’s locked up in a collector’s garage, but not even sure that’ll be a thing in 20 years anyway.

First Editions were nice and all, but it’s an off-roader. Take a look at the market for old Wranglers; not nearly what the market is for sports cars of the same era. Until recent years, old Broncos and Scouts weren’t worth much mainly because they’re very pedestrian and utilitarian vehicles, not show trucks.

I wouldn’t trade a ‘23 for a ‘21, but that’s me. I’d just build up the WT if that‘s important. Otherwise, enjoy the rig.

Broncos ain’t baseball cards, Starting Lineup dolls, or comic books. Wheel it or leave it alone.

Sponsored

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi,

Just wanted to ask other bronco fans their opinion on something, I have been debating trading in my 23 Wildtrak Lux with 3K Miles for a 21 First Edition with 1900 Miles. Please let me know your opinions!

Thanks

Brian
You are giving up a much better (softer, faster) shock/ride in the Wildtrak. If your more of a rock crawler maybe. I would not.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think it's worth it...its an (AA) motor...probably with a 208 build day...give up suspension for sway bar disconnect...no way...but hey you get an extra sticker

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed with some of the other posts. Don't do it.

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry man, but no Bronco is going to hold it’s value in excess of what they do now for maybe 15-20 years and only if it’s locked up in a collector’s garage, but not even sure that’ll be a thing in 20 years anyway.

First Editions were nice and all, but it’s an off-roader. Take a look at the market for old Wranglers; not nearly what the market is for sports cars of the same era. Until recent years, old Broncos and Scouts weren’t worth much mainly because they’re very pedestrian and utilitarian vehicles, not show trucks.

I wouldn’t trade a ‘23 for a ‘21, but that’s me. I’d just build up the WT if that‘s important. Otherwise, enjoy the rig.

Broncos ain’t baseball cards, Starting Lineup dolls, or comic books. Wheel it or leave it alone.

I would have agreed to your response, but I've had a total different experience. I purchased a 73 Bronco 35 years ago for $5000. A desert car with 50,000 miles, bone stock. Hagerty called me and advised that I increase the insurance to $82,000 after verifying a couple items. It's a baseball card.

Sponsored

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would have agreed to your response, but I've had a total different experience. I purchased a 73 Bronco 35 years ago for $5000. A desert car with 50,000 miles, bone stock. Hagerty called me and advised that I increase the insurance to $82,000 after verifying a couple items. It's a baseball card.

Should mention I have a 23 Wildtrak being built this week. 2 years in the waiting. It will be in the family at least as long as the 73.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you actually read my post? Go back and do that.

I said “until recently” Broncos and Scouts weren’t really worth much. Today, sure now that all of the hipsters and wanna be tough guys have emerged who want that “look”.

However, back when there weren’t a ton of hipsters, off-roaders were not collected or worth much.

Also, you said a ‘73. Well, that stretch of maybe ‘72 - ‘75 are likely the most coveted Broncos, so yeah, you need more insurance.

To my point, you paid maybe $5K 30 years ago which is what I was saying.

A new ’21, even First Edition, ain’t no ‘73 and will never be. Only collectible Bronco will be a Raptor and again, that’s maybe 20 years away if ever.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs