Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed my Oracle ”BRONCO” lights today! I’ve done very little wiring/splicing before. But this project was pretty simple with the right tools… wire cutter/crimper, extra wire (red & black), electrical tape, wire connectors, drill & bit. I had to wait for the video to really understand it, so thanks Bronco Life! Drilling out the letters was easy enough. Like others suggested, I wired from the outside letters to the middle and then connected it to the extra wire I bought and ran the red to an aux wire and grounded the black. For those wondering about putting on color vinyl lettering, the letters aren’t exact to the originals (see pics). A couple of my letters didn’t have a perfect finish (especially the “C”) and one had small scratches (the ”N”) despite being very nicely bubble wrapped in shipping. Overall though I think it looks great and it was a fun project.
4D8E6F65-7219-48F2-9399-8ADC3BF5D69E.jpeg
80D6765D-8479-44EC-A874-F3E93F098044.jpeg
CA3F9ADD-877E-4DB1-A37F-4BB09D0B723B.jpeg
57E2F5AF-D7B7-4FA5-893A-21903658E5E2.jpeg
F247EA5B-C33F-4B37-B7AE-CD3C2DCBA0A7.jpeg
FC10348E-99FD-4FE0-8D7D-A5FCB87A3E94.jpeg
thanks very disappointing to see. @ORACLE Lighting, why not have it match the factory lettering?
Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks very disappointing to see. @ORACLE Lighting, why not have it match the factory lettering?
Ouch, glad I just read that these letters are not an exact match as my lighting kit is suppose to arrive today from Oracle and I was about to order some vinyl color lettering. Looks like I better wait and see how these letters look for real.

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In order for the LEDs to fit into the cross-sections of the letters the space has the be thickened to accommodate the LEDs. The alternative is massive dark spots on the horizontal sections in the letters.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine today. Put the Vinyl overlays on anyways. If I don't like it, they will peel right off.

tempImageih1qfP.png

tempImage7Bky6v.png

tempImagedcX9aU.png

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ouch, glad I just read that these letters are not an exact match as my lighting kit is suppose to arrive today from Oracle and I was about to order some vinyl color lettering. Looks like I better wait and see how these letters look for real.
Honestly it's not a big deal at all - once they're on they look exactly the same as the factory - you only would know they're different if you held the letters up to one another

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly it's not a big deal at all - once they're on they look exactly the same as the factory - you only would know they're different if you held the letters up to one another
Ok good to know. Since the other person used vinly stickers from sticker fab, I may go that route too.

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We installed ours yesterday too!

love them!

Here is our how to video if anyone is curious and needs help

I appreciated the video. I bought the matte black letters. Connecting to the one wire with red (and of course ground), completed the aux wire connection?

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where did you get the overlays for the ORACLE lights?
I ordered the black matte letters. Can't wait to see how yours look. I hope to install mine next week.

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As soon as I get my Bronco back from the PPF application, I will do a video of the install as well(weather permitting). I plan on having a quick disconnect junction near the grill for when the grill has to be removed for other mods down the road. I haven't decided whether to try to splice them into the factory parking lights or just run a discreet switch under the dash where I can turn them off when needed.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As soon as I get my Bronco back from the PPF application, I will do a video of the install as well(weather permitting). I plan on having a quick disconnect junction near the grill for when the grill has to be removed for other mods down the road. I haven't decided whether to try to splice them into the factory parking lights or just run a discreet switch under the dash where I can turn them off when needed.
Great idea on the quick disconnect. I was going to tackle mine tomorrow and will do the same. As far as how to power on, I am going to wire them into the handy aux switch wires that terminate under the hood. If you have that as an option, it might be the best way to go.

I do have another thread that I started today on where to actually add additional switches beyond the factory aux switches in the overhead console, as I have a similar need soon:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/suggestions-for-aftermarket-switch-locations-in-dash.32848/

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I appreciated the video. I bought the matte black letters. Connecting to the one wire with red (and of course ground), completed the aux wire connection?
We ran black to ground and connected all red wires to an additional wire to the aux switch

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine on today also, it did take a long time but the biggest pain was hiding all the wires with the Wildtrak grille. I ran mine to Aux 3 and used the prerun cable to the grille. I added the Expel PPF letters at the end as well.

For those wondering, the letters are not as bright as they look in some photos, they are not as bright as the headlights. IMO this is great, it's more subtle, and yes, they do look better in person!

Ford Bronco “BRONCO” Grill Badge Light Up tempImagedcX9aU

Thanks for the info. I am going out to install mine now! I do like the way yours look as they do not appear as bright or washed out as some of the other pics. I actually thought you may have added some kind of dimmer in the wiring, until I realized you have a Wildtrack with the black grill instead of the grey grill found on my Badlands and others I have seen. I wonder if having the black grill is the real difference maker here. Hmm....

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the info. I am going out to install mine now! I do like the way yours look as they do not appear as bright or washed out as some of the other pics. I actually thought you may have added some kind of dimmer in the wiring, until I realized you have a Wildtrack with the black grill instead of the grey grill found on my Badlands and others I have seen. I wonder if having the black grill is the real difference maker here. Hmm....
I also dropped the exposure on my iPhone when I took the pick to show a better real world example. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: