First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A little worried about the double sided tape attachment, will it really hold up to years of 80 mph on the highway? Has anyone else secured them with screws?
Seems to be similar, if not exactly the same, adhesive all manufacturers use to adhere their emblems. If they end up coming off during typical usage I bet the wiring holds them in place long enough for me to find an alternative method. I think the supplied product will hold though.
Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems to be similar, if not exactly the same, adhesive all manufacturers use to adhere their emblems. If they end up coming off during typical usage I bet the wiring holds them in place long enough for me to find an alternative method. I think the supplied product will hold though.
Okay cool, thanks. One more question, did you end up needing additional wiring? Took a look tonight and the wires all look about long enough just to reach the center of the grille without neatly tucking

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder how road legal that would be
Assuming you'd do this utilizing one of the on-board switches.

Do any other vehicles have this today?
It's not an issue as long as you dont do blue or red.

Fyi, the new GMC EV1 Hummer is lit up from factory.

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Okay cool, thanks. One more question, did you end up needing additional wiring? Took a look tonight and the wires all look about long enough just to reach the center of the grille without neatly tucking
I used the center of the grill as my tie in point. Had the B R O go to the right and N C O go to the left. I but the wire length so that the ones closest to center were shorter so that I had very little excess. I then soldered the positives all together and same with negative. I bought 10' of 16 gauge wire and soldered this to the Oracle lights. I also used a hot glue gun to hold the wires to the grill to keep them in place. The new 10' wire I followed the camera wire towards the passenger side (I'll add a quick disconnect when I find one where the washer and camera connections disconnect is.) I then split the negative and tied it to the grounding post on the passenger side. The positive is currently run under the shroud which was taken off to give access to the screws holding the grill to the drivers side. I'm currently connected to a fuse with a tap a circuit but will tie into a DRL when I learn where it's connection, likely on the passenger light.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I used the center of the grill as my tie in point. Had the B R O go to the right and N C O go to the left. I but the wire length so that the ones closest to center were shorter so that I had very little excess. I then soldered the positives all together and same with negative. I bought 10' of 16 gauge wire and soldered this to the Oracle lights. I also used a hot glue gun to hold the wires to the grill to keep them in place. The new 10' wire I followed the camera wire towards the passenger side (I'll add a quick disconnect when I find one where the washer and camera connections disconnect is.) I then split the negative and tied it to the grounding post on the passenger side. The positive is currently run under the shroud which was taken off to give access to the screws holding the grill to the drivers side. I'm currently connected to a fuse with a tap a circuit but will tie into a DRL when I learn where it's connection, likely on the passenger light.
Ahh, okay, thank you for all the extra info. I was planning to use the prerun wire to the grille which is purple, and then tie the purple in with either Aux3 (violet/Green) or Aux 4 (brown), but I think even doing this I will need extra wiring.

Sponsored

Liebd11

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone added coloring/decals to the front of the lighted letters? It looks like the light either all or mostly comes through the sides of the letters.

I was thinking of eventually getting the oracle letters and then adding USA flag styled decals to the letters, but wouldn’t want it to end up looking like crap when the letters are lit, which would make me pick one or the other.

Liebd11

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone added coloring/decals to the front of the lighted letters? It looks like the light either all or mostly comes through the sides of the letters.

I was thinking of eventually getting the oracle letters and then adding USA flag styled decals to the letters, but wouldn’t want it to end up looking like crap when the letters are lit, which would make me pick one or the other.
For reference: https://www.vortexsigns.com/car-dec...sa-front-grill-letters-overlay-sticker-bronco

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The light doesn't come thru the front, just the sides. A patriotic look would look good.

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We installed ours yesterday too!

love them!

Here is our how to video if anyone is curious and needs help

Im almost sold again... Have your camera man/woman step back like 50 more feet. They just like like filled in blobs. As in, can you read BRONCO clearly? also can you share the connector that you used for us less technical folk?

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im almost sold again... Have your camera man/woman step back like 50 more feet. They just like like filled in blobs. As in, can you read BRONCO clearly? also can you share the connector that you used for us less technical folk?
Do you have Instagram? Send us a DM on here or Instagram and can send you some links and tips

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't want the Bronco to light up exactly, but having a BB grille with the six slots. I wouldnt mind having some tiny colored pod light in those slots. Wether be in the middle of the slot or like two pod light in just the middle of the middle slot!

Ford Bronco “BRONCO” Grill Badge Light Up 68FFB099-2129-4528-B319-3B9E0B96437D
The Bender’s Third-Eye could use something festive. My BB is shipped already - my first curiosity is to see why the there is an upper-center hole that has no ‘hole’. Inquiring minds…

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs