First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread sounds like a good opportunity for after market of Ford to come up with some interior upgrade kits. Maybe replacing plastic with carbon fiber pieces. And door trim pieces with stitched leather ect.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like the "I'm offended you want a nicer PLASTIC in your $60k Bronco". How did it go from "I want nicer PLASTIC", to "Why do you want a goat skin dash and real wool floor mats you f**king donkey. This is an off roader, go get a Bentley"?
Those folks will see what we are talking about when the '23 comes out, and how us early adopters got a little hosed on the OBX up interiors. Its not goat skin dash but its not the base interior we are all getting.

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same goes for the rear A/C vents. Its like an obvious 1st year omission.
I have a feeling the lack of vents in the rear is going to be way more bothersome than Ford’s choice of plastics, for me. I can hear my two kids complaining about it being too hot/cold in the back seat, already. They will be almost as loud as members of this forum going on about cheap plastic, saggy soft tops, etc. :)

I have to concede the big, flat, vertical dash does look pretty uninspired.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread reminds me of an axiom on many car forums…

The Japanese are masters of making plastic look like real wood and the Germans are masters of making real wood look like plastic.

I’m just glad Ford is not trying to compete in this regard.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ugh.... this is one of the key things that makes me second guess my decision and periodically look at the competition with much nicer finishes. We spend the majority of time inside the vehicle, so this is important and should not be dismissed as, this is an off road vehicle, expect plastic, etc. Those excuses do not make much sense.
It actually does make sense, yes you do spend a majority of your time in the vehicle but this is an off-roaring vehicle. Pretty sure you won’t be admiring the interior when blasting down a trail or trying to maneuver some technical rocks. If you are looking for a street queen that does occasional fire trails, maybe you should look elsewhere because this thing wasn’t designed for you.

Sponsored

Warthog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd prefer to use my Bronco to play in the mud and wheel - the dash material is the last thing I care about.

Unless someone's waiting in a stupid long line at Starbucks at the mall staring at a plastic dash thinking "Man, this is bullshit!" ;) - that's just not my thing is all...

GiddyUp’21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander (2nd car while waiting 4 Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If high quality materials is your thing I'd recommend a Lincoln Aviator. Keep in mind the higher quality leathers, plastics, etc. also tend to be very soft and not a great fit for a rugged vehicle where utility and durability are more important.
Also much more difficult to take the top off.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The amount of R&D Ford has done on the Bronco and time spent they got to make a bit of profit somehwere. $60k USD isn't bad for one of these, especially with inflation really starting to ramp up after all the covid govt spending etc. $60k is the new $30k and in Canada it's closer to $80k that I end up paying with zero complaints.

Looking at the price of the Bronco today at $60k and saying it's a lot is like planning to retire in 20 years with $1m in the bank, it just might not be enough to really retire on by then depending on inflation. Likewise for all we know the next update to the Bronco (perhaps with more deluxe plastics even in base trim) will also for sure cost more.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've been in some. I'll be honest it's not terrible, but I just think that at $60k I expected a little more. Like it's not "I wont buy it because of this" bad but it is definitely "I'm a little disappointed" bad.
LMAO

Sorry, I am imagining you getting into your Bronco, sitting there for a 10 count staring at the plastic dash as a shade of red comes over your face. You then give a slight shake of your head and as you start the engine you mutter under your breath, "Fkng plastic dash."

Then you drive off happy as a clam.

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The amount of R&D Ford has done on the Bronco and time spent they got to make a bit of profit somehwere. $60k USD isn't bad for one of these, especially with inflation really starting to ramp up after all the covid govt spending etc. $60k is the new $30k and in Canada it's closer to $80k that I end up paying with zero complaints.

Looking at the price of the Bronco today at $60k and saying it's a lot is like planning to retire in 20 years with $1m in the bank, it just might not be enough to really retire on by then depending on inflation. Likewise for all we know the next update to the Bronco (perhaps with more deluxe plastics even in base trim) will also for sure cost more.
That sounds like some "new math".

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am glad so many pass on a plastic interior...I am getting mine in a couple weeks...thank you to those offended..I am happy to fill the void.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see you're a Land Rover discovery driver. Did you not consider a base Defender instead? It seems like that's more what you're looking for. The interior of the bronco was intended to survive being in the rain with the top off. Hard plastics and marine grade vinyl are what you want in that situation. Especially if you have mud flying everywhere.

Yes - I did - and in fact my wfie will probably trade the Discovery for one in the future. I am not too fond of the new Defenders looks, but you are right, the interior is great and the ride is great on it. When thinking about what I wrote, I was actually comparing to the new JL's - the High Altitude 4xE looks great inside. Although disappointed with the interior - I am happy with the exterior and utility and use cases of the Bronco - which is what keeps me in this camp still.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That sounds like some "new math".
No old math explained in a new way. This guy is spot on...vehicles have been increasing over the last 20 years at a crazy rate, every year 3-5 k more (without harsh inflation)..in 5 years that's 15-25k more.before harsh inflation..the math is basic.

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I get the argument because I also like the finer luxury style dash and interiors because to me I spend all my driving on the inside of the car not the outside so I want to enjoy the experience. Having said that, the bronco is an off-road ready, trail hugging, dune running, mountain climbing master. The 60k everyone is so upset over is in the undercarriage, the tires, the shocks, the computer systems and tech etc... so whereas yes, I would enjoy a wonderful prettied up interior id go spend 60k on a Lincoln or Audi, Mercedes whatever, but for a bronco? No I want 60k worth of off road goodies. Think about it, people (not everyone) are running these vehicles doors off, top off, through the mud and all over the place, id hate to see 60k worth of leather and fine accents get destroyed when it decides to rain out of nowhere with the top off
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.