Sponsored

Anybody else concerned about plastic interior looking cheap?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anybody else concerned about the plastic interior and sheer amount of it? People are saying it appears and feels cheap at the Bronco events.
If ANYONE is that concerned... Then DON'T buy a Bronco. Stick with your BMW or Tesla or whatever vehicle you drive that doesn't use plastic.

Some of these concerns are beyond idiotic at this point!
Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this is necro-ing this thread.

FWIW to anyone, after seeing a Bronco's interior in person today, I'm cancelling my order.

That's not to say it's "bad." Someone described it as "adequate" and that's probably about right. Layout-wise, it's a little better than adequate. But for me, personally, I find the materials make it look worse (cheaper) than the interior in my JK. My opinion only! I respect yours if you disagree.

Worth noting I take reasonably good care of my Jeep, so it still looks new when I clean up the inside, despite trips through Moab and many trips to Uwharrie.

Some will ask for details. Plastic texturing looked and *felt* cheap. Plastic felt thin and hollow. Grab handles felt... not loose, but like I might break them off accidentally. I was not expecting this from photos. And before you say it, it could be a prepro thing. I get it.

I am cancelling because for the cost of a Lux BadSquatch (my order) I'm just not ready to buy something that will feel primarily like a *lateral* shift from my Jeep. At best.

My 2015 JK looks *dated,* sure. But it doesn't look or feel poorly constructed, and that was the impression the material choices in the Bronco gave me.

All that to say this: make sure you see one of these in person! No photo or video really captures the nature of the interior materials. See how you feel. If you're still hype, then I'm excited for you! I wasn't, but that's okay. I own my opinion and yours is awesome because it's yours.

The really good news is this should move someone up the queue! :)
Bye!

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

These are pre production vehicles. Sooo they may not be perfect. My Big Bend cloth in my opinion is spectacular. The BLs leather and MGV I saw was super nice. I don’t like those for myself. I got a dog sometimes I let his claws get long. So I like the cloth. Although I’ll have a seat cover bc one time on a road trip he had explosive diarrhea and I was thanking gawd for that vinyl underneath in my Jeep! Bc wow that was not fun!

Ponyup

Badlands
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, Nissan Armada, CX-3, Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When they announced the return of the Bronco, I would have been happy with low back bucket seats and a steel dashboard. I'm just glad its coming back. And it turns out its highly capable. Bring it! I'm forgiving with this girl.

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this is necro-ing this thread.

FWIW to anyone, after seeing a Bronco's interior in person today, I'm cancelling my order.

That's not to say it's "bad." Someone described it as "adequate" and that's probably about right. Layout-wise, it's a little better than adequate. But for me, personally, I find the materials make it look worse (cheaper) than the interior in my JK. My opinion only! I respect yours if you disagree.

Worth noting I take reasonably good care of my Jeep, so it still looks new when I clean up the inside, despite trips through Moab and many trips to Uwharrie.

Some will ask for details. Plastic texturing looked and *felt* cheap. Plastic felt thin and hollow. Grab handles felt... not loose, but like I might break them off accidentally. I was not expecting this from photos. And before you say it, it could be a prepro thing. I get it.

I am cancelling because for the cost of a Lux BadSquatch (my order) I'm just not ready to buy something that will feel primarily like a *lateral* shift from my Jeep. At best.

My 2015 JK looks *dated,* sure. But it doesn't look or feel poorly constructed, and that was the impression the material choices in the Bronco gave me.

All that to say this: make sure you see one of these in person! No photo or video really captures the nature of the interior materials. See how you feel. If you're still hype, then I'm excited for you! I wasn't, but that's okay. I own my opinion and yours is awesome because it's yours.

The really good news is this should move someone up the queue! :)
Why is your account on 6g still active?
🤦🏽‍♂️

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco interior:
  1. Water proof
  2. Plush and Luxurious
  3. Functionable
Okay you got to skip one, buy one, and live with one. Go!

( I edited the vocabulary as I don't want to get banned :rolleyes: )

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife’s 2018 Q5 interior is pretty much all plastic.
The Ranger is literally all plastic, hard plastic in the interior. I never noticed it till this forum. It looks nice and is easy to clean. Btw... The new Beemer m3's and the other smaller bmw's I sat in at the Auto Show were rittled with hard plastics.... they were like 70-80k.

Ford Bronco Anybody else concerned about plastic interior looking cheap? steve-harvey-im-just-sayin

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why is your account on 6g still active?
🤦🏽‍♂️
You know people can cancel an order and still be interested in seeing whats up right? There's no rule as to who should & shouldn't be active. You've been here 3 months. Chill. All are welcome.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. 🤷 Honestly I would prefer it. It's durable plastic at least. I'd rather have that in an off-road vehicle then some swanky leather that's going to cost a fortune to recondition when it inevitably gets ruined, you know off-road. 🙄

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

These are pre production vehicles. Sooo they may not be perfect. My Big Bend cloth in my opinion is spectacular. The BLs leather and MGV I saw was super nice. I don’t like those for myself. I got a dog sometimes I let his claws get long. So I like the cloth. Although I’ll have a seat cover bc one time on a road trip he had explosive diarrhea and I was thanking gawd for that vinyl underneath in my Jeep! Bc wow that was not fun!
This would be your dog on MGV in summer and winter.

Ford Bronco Anybody else concerned about plastic interior looking cheap? 1619920578840

Deleted member 15909

Thanks for the replies. Yes, all cars are plastic. I agree. This felt and looked like cheap, low quality plastic. That's all. I think for the revival of the legend, Ford could've done better. And you may disagree, which is great! I posted only to encourage others to get out and see it.

Not trying to be negative, I know anticipation makes emotions run hot.

Best to you all! See ya on the trails!

TransporterG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good discussion, and one needed to make sure your expectations are aligned with the vehicle. No where here has anyone claimed the Bronco to be a luxury vehicle with outstanding and classy materials. My other reservation is a Hummer EV3X, which would be more a luxury vehicle expectation. In te Bronco, I want an outdoor vehice with great tech, powertrain, interior features, and design. The customer value proposition of the Bronco is not to be a Hummer EV or my BMWs. Level-set your expectations is best, so the OP did just that. Good on 'em.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not too worried about plastic interior. It's pretty much in all mid to cheaper model vehicles these days. This isn't my AMG, so I'm cool with it. Besides, should be easier to clean!! However, the other concerns have mounted to the point that I've pushed my reservation to a model year 22. I have a bit of an issue committing to a $60k, first year vehicle without ever getting to test drive it. What happens if you go to pick this thing up and you simply hate it?
Then you don't buy it.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the replies. Yes, all cars are plastic. I agree. This felt and looked like cheap, low quality plastic. That's all. I think for the revival of the legend, Ford could've done better. And you may disagree, which is great! I posted only to encourage others to get out and see it.

Not trying to be negative, I know anticipation makes emotions run hot.

Best to you all! See ya on the trails!
Saw two, 4dr Broncos today in NC.

They were very utilitarian, as they should be. Was there plastic? Yep. Is that a problem? Nope. Was it luxurious? Nope. Is it supposed to be? Nope.

I am 6'2", 230# and they felt comfortable to sit in, spacious up front, and the non-squatch versions were high enough for me. The buttons and knobs were in the right places. Shifter was in the right place when rowing through the gears.

All in all, it is a true Sports Utility Vehicle. If you expect more, then you might be disappointed.
Sponsored