Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes - I did - and in fact my wfie will probably trade the Discovery for one in the future. I am not too fond of the new Defenders looks, but you are right, the interior is great and the ride is great on it. When thinking about what I wrote, I was actually comparing to the new JL's - the High Altitude 4xE looks great inside. Although disappointed with the interior - I am happy with the exterior and utility and use cases of the Bronco - which is what keeps me in this camp still.
Completely understand. When it came time to order my bronco I went to the land rover dealership to test drive the Defender. I was even more impressed with the 90 because there is a lot more room in the back than the 2 door bronco, so it made a 2 door an actually viable option for real world use (sorry to all the 2 door bronco buyers but it's not really viable for overlanding with a girlfriend and dog). What kept me in the Bronco bandwagon was 1) nostalgia because my grandfather had a '75 bronco, and 2) they only offer coil spring suspension on the base 90. I've experienced land rover air suspension, it's great when it works but it always fails and I don't want to be off road when it does.

As for the High Altitude 4xE, that interior definitely has nicer materials but it's still a jeep with a solid front axle and drives like it. I've experienced the jeep death wobble, won't ever do that again.
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Completely understand. When it came time to order my bronco I went to the land rover dealership to test drive the Defender. I was even more impressed with the 90 because there is a lot more room in the back than the 2 door bronco, so it made a 2 door an actually viable option for real world use (sorry to all the 2 door bronco buyers but it's not really viable for overlanding with a girlfriend and dog). What kept me in the Bronco bandwagon was 1) nostalgia because my grandfather had a '75 bronco, and 2) they only offer coil spring suspension on the base 90. I've experienced land rover air suspension, it's great when it works but it always fails and I don't want to be off road when it does.

As for the High Altitude 4xE, that interior definitely has nicer materials but it's still a jeep with a solid front axle and drives like it. I've experienced the jeep death wobble, won't ever do that again.
If Honda made the Defender, a lot more people would buy it.

The 4xE jeep systems are interesting. I'm just a bit leery of a first gen plug in hybrid engineered by Fiat. Sorry. For what its worth, I keep my cars for 10+ years.

The 4xEs are very good to lease though because the $7500 buys down the cap cost while the residual is based on the full MSRP.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You don't know. Certainly some people have been put off enough by the cheap interior that they simply moved on. $60k and no rear air vents!!. Insane.

Again, this is not something you find only in luxury cars. A lot of the stuff that some of us wish was better is available or standard in the Bronco Sport.
You are absolutely correct that I don’t know. I wasn’t on the marketing or design team. I do know that Ford put a lot of research and money into the Bronco. So either they totally screwed up this part of it, or the masses don’t care nearly as much as you (and others on this forum) do about the apparent (perceived) quality of the plastic and the design/appearance of the dash/ interior. My money is on the later.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Especially since the soft touch cuts, tears and cracks eventually. Human perceptions are strange at times.
I guess my soft abs are upmarket. Excellent!
Haha a few people get it! It has a lot to do with so called expert reviewers that are fooled into thinking that polystyrene foam is more expensive and higher quality. I remember when the reviewers were griping about exposed screw heads. Now there are no exposed screw heads and everything is held together by effing clips that are impossible to remove without breaking. Better quality? Maybe for those in Rio Linda. If you want lux or plushy why are you even considering a vehicle like Bronco? The original Jeep Cherokee XJ is the pinnacle of good design cheep interior exposed screw heads and all. There is a reason these sell for serious money now.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are absolutely correct that I don’t know. I wasn’t on the marketing or design team. I do know that Ford put a lot of research and money into the Bronco. So either they totally screwed up this part of it, or the masses don’t care nearly as much as you (and others on this forum) do about the apparent (perceived) quality of the plastic and the design/appearance of the dash/ interior. My money is on the later.
Well said! Obviously the Bronco is a big hit and surpassed even Fords expectations. Most of us don't want a Lexus interior.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just give me something as nice as an F150. I'm not looking for a Bentley.
What if I told you that you could buy an F-150. They are now like Cadillacs.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Haha a few people get it! It has a lot to do with so called expert reviewers that are fooled into thinking that polystyrene foam is more expensive and higher quality. I remember when the reviewers were griping about exposed screw heads. Now there are no exposed screw heads and everything is held together by effing clips that are impossible to remove without breaking. Better quality? Maybe for those in Rio Linda. If you want lux or plushy why are you even considering a vehicle like Bronco? The original Jeep Cherokee XJ is the pinnacle of good design cheep interior exposed screw heads and all. There is a reason these sell for serious money now.
Great comparison with the original Cherokees. We have two 1998s. 200K+ miles each and with a ton of hard off highway use. Overall, their “cheap”interiors still look pretty good. If only they had body on frame construction, they’d be a darn near perfect off-road vehicle, IMHO.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m getting MVG and washout floors, so I find it ironic that for some reason the BD has a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. Why?
What’s even more odd is they advertise the interior to be almost waterproof but the manual cautions about spraying water on just about everything inside the vehicle other than the floor and vinyl seat. (I know you shouldn’t spray the dash or electric connectors. Just seems they selling a product they don’t have)

Reactions: bek

Deleted member 21681

Sat in this big girl at an event in Ohio back in April, never posted pics (got a bunch, was super excited to see a 4 door badlands lux in a51). Here’s a few I got of the dash area and trim. Everything felt fine to me. I may not be as discerning as some, but I know not to expect the same interior as my bmw 328i. Still couldn’t be more excited about this truck. YMMV, I suppose.

3081F3B2-EE2C-4B32-A174-7D15C5B37B5E.jpeg

9D8727A8-9DC0-4F58-8289-476E5A5E1421.jpeg

70A17033-77FB-4C7C-A15C-F6BAE09B58CB.jpeg

7C0A4108-2623-4B6A-9712-8422E1C418C4.jpeg

4252CD81-EC8A-469E-8E86-882A6C4B4395.jpeg

9C046969-BDFE-4885-9030-99B611514367.jpeg

7132C117-8510-4F14-BEBD-BCD36906D84E.jpeg

3FC6E1FF-E663-4F5B-A114-72B50A7722E6.jpeg

Sponsored

bbarnshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've owned north of 25 vehicles in my life including quite a few north of $100K. All of them have had plastic dashes, handles, etc. to some degree. I think most people buying the Bronco probably plan on using it off road, or with the top down and doors off, so expecting a higher end plastic dash finish probably ins't necessary and I'd rather keep the cost down on this one so we can invest that extra money in all the amazing options that will be available. If you want the higher end finishes / look perhaps the Defender 90 or 110 is the better option for you.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
If Honda made the Defender, a lot more people would buy it.

The 4xE jeep systems are interesting. I'm just a bit leery of a first gen plug in hybrid engineered by Fiat. Sorry. For what its worth, I keep my cars for 10+ years.

The 4xEs are very good to lease though because the $7500 buys down the cap cost while the residual is based on the full MSRP.
I can't imagine anyone that values the usability of the rear seat going with a 2 door no matter how much room. The biggest problem is access! One trip in a 2dr vehicle having to
Sat in this big girl at an event in Ohio back in April, never posted pics (got a bunch, was super excited to see a 4 door badlands lux in a51). Here’s a few I got of the dash area and trim. Everything felt fine to me. I may not be as discerning as some, but I know not to expect the same interior as my bmw 328i. Still couldn’t be more excited about this truck. YMMV, I suppose.

Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior 3FC6E1FF-E663-4F5B-A114-72B50A7722E6

I like the simplicity and the touchscreen being internal to the dash not sticking up like most others. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take much to break off or damage those outboard touchscreens. Looks pretty darn good to me!

BRONC UP

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 transit 350 1970 mach1 scj
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree but it also leads to one issue i had with the options. Why wasn’t the MGV offered as option on a trim like my OBX. I did not want leather and know I can water proof the cloth seats I ordered but likely would have been willing to pay some premium to move up from cloth to MGV. Is it because the MGV cannot accept the heated front seats?
i ordered badlands sasquatch with MGV and front row seat heaters.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.