First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think all the people complaining about "plastic interior," "plush leather seats." powered adjusting seats, " etc.... need to realize this is not your dads Bronco, this is not a Lincoln, not a Range Rover or BMW, it's a Go Over All Terrain vehicle!! Don't like, don't buy it. It's meant to withstand, snow, rain, cold, and heat just like your patio/lawn furniture that is out doors year round. To be honest, it's got waaaay to many electronic components, for all the pink hats! This beast is made to have fun and get dirty, not drive down the Santa Monica Blvd with the cops chasing you! I honestly can not wait to take it to the beach, the mountains, and the trails, then pull the drain plugs and hose it out.
Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
well it does have cheap plastics compared to Jeep (at $60K level)

BroncoUNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well it does have cheap plastics compared to Jeep (at $60K level)
Yeah, that was my initial impression as well. The plastic in the Bronco at the event we went to made my JL Wrangler feel like a Range Rover. I’ll get used to it I’m sure.

JohnnyVistas

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Rav4 hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems just fine for it’s main function. I compare it to my current family car and it works save for lacking a few more storage areas. This early interior pictures shows its clean functional lines
Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior 1624048396834

Here is my current RAV4 interior to compare:
Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior 1624050062594

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
yes, much cleaner IMO, and the sample has the smaller screen. Defender just looks bad to me, oddly dated and I hate where the gear shifter is. Wrangler just has too much stuff there in the middle, like it went shopping at Hot Topic. And no way for a larger screen. Toyota looks dated but familiar and comfortable. But that's what I'm driving, though 19 years old, so no screen but a tape deck 🙃
Don't see where the Defender shows any luxury at all though, looks like plastic to me. Cute screen though ;-p

I'm gonna be very happy with my dash, hopefully others find some upgrades to apply in the aftermarket.
Anything will be an improvement over the odd pull-cable controls on my CJ dash! :)

Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior IMG_20210618_151510663~2

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's pretty bad. The upper dash and upper door inserts are most noticeable. I cant remember the last vehicle I've been in that had a true hard plastic, knock hollow upper dash. Theres always some degree of injection mold to soften this up some. At least on OBX and up, the upper door inserts are replaced by a slightly better material (that's the only difference across the trims in term of material BTW). But the upper dash is very bothersome. I'll live with it. But i think deep down it bothers me the most since its such a glaring item, that I know it will be swapped out with something better in a couple years. Same goes for the rear A/C vents. Its like an obvious 1st year omission.
Ever take apart an injected molded dash? Nearly impossible. Ever see one after the airbags have blown? Total garbage. My 65 Plymouth had sheet metal you could unscrew. Even it its hard plastic now it would be way better than soft touch crap. The Bronco does have HVAC vents under the seat, same as my Mazda does. Works great.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems just fine for it’s main function. I compare it to my current family car and it works save for lacking a few more storage areas. This early interior pictures shows its clean functional lines
Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior IMG_20210618_151510663~2

Here is my current RAV4 interior to compare:
Gorgeous! Ford hit the dash out of the park! Straight and simple like it should be. I for one am glad Ford didn't resort to gimmicks like foam or injection molding just to fool some into thinking its high quality.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think this will be an easy way Ford can make future model years stand out without much effort or cost on their part. Have a better looking / feeling dash on the 2022 or 2023. Sure, they could have done it now, but they probably want to hold off to have something to set future years apart.

Having said that, I do agree that it looks cheap, and they could have done a better job with it... my buddy's gladiator rubicon interior looks great by comparison. But Jeep has been working on incremental improvements for years. For the first model year Bronco, i kind of expected to get the bare bones version to start.
I can't comment on feeling, but looking at photos of both Wrangler and Bronco I like the looks of the Bronco way better. Just my opinion of course.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have real close-up photos of the textures of the various plastics. Would be nice to have photos added to the post. Just for the halibut!!!

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great comparison and helps me appreciate that the Bronco has A LOT fewer nooks, crannies and joints to collect and hold the desert dust. It will be much easier to keep clean--especially compared to the Jeep dash. I'll take utilitarian please!
Right on that is what I noticed too.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Of course quality matters, but things like wood and metal accents and soft touch is Perceived, not Real Quality. Real quality is how well it holds up and lasts.

Quality is JOB ONE!
(except for door handles, leather seats, and dash)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.