Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess for me it's not so much the cheap look, it's that it looks like no thought was put into it..I just wanted something a little more unique...I much prefer the Rubicon interior... still... can't wait for mine!
The JL Wranger has a nicer dash IMHO.. higher quality plastic/rubber on the grab handle, better mix of textures and nice ergonomics. The digital dash screen is also nicely integrated. Still, I'm beyond excited for my Bronco!
Sponsored

Bronco_or_bust

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't say that too loud. I had the EXACT same conversation at the event and mentioned it here and was told that I was wrong.
The same is true of marine grade vinyl in boats. If you leave a boat uncovered to the elements the rain will eventually soak into the seats, they'll get waterlogged and moldy

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All comes down to preference. I love simplicity. So, to me the Bronco interior is elegant.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this will be an easy way Ford can make future model years stand out without much effort or cost on their part. Have a better looking / feeling dash on the 2022 or 2023. Sure, they could have done it now, but they probably want to hold off to have something to set future years apart.

Having said that, I do agree that it looks cheap, and they could have done a better job with it... my buddy's gladiator rubicon interior looks great by comparison. But Jeep has been working on incremental improvements for years. For the first model year Bronco, i kind of expected to get the bare bones version to start.

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
All comes down to preference. I love simplicity. So, to me the Bronco interior is elegant.
Sometimes quality just doesn't matter. As long as the door handles dont fall off in the first month I'm good to go.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
This plastic feels cheaper than other plastics. I can't think of another way to say it, wife said the same thing. It's not throw your hands up forget it , but it feels cheaper than my f150...which is plastic. I don't think anyone is looking for exotic woods...but some of it feels like a 15k honda civic, not a 60k truck.

just my 2c
Of course its plastic! ALL mainstream vehicles today have a plastic dash. Some luxury models glue wood and metal accents on as a perceived quality gimmick. Some consider "soft touch" high quality, but its really just polystyrene foam or similar crap. Like most I have not had a chance to see or touch it in person but I've looked at a ton of close up photos and it looks great to me. Its the simple flat dash and interior (instead of the wacky curved look alike dash in everything else) that sealed the deal for me. Just because you can pay $60K doesn't mean its a $60K truck!! I'm paying $34K for mine.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sometimes quality just doesn't matter. As long as the door handles dont fall off in the first month I'm good to go.
Of course quality matters, but things like wood and metal accents and soft touch is Perceived, not Real Quality. Real quality is how well it holds up and lasts.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think it would be hilarious if Ford announced that there will now be a 12 month delay for Bronco while they soften up the hard plastics on the dash. Can you imagine the cognitive dissonance many on this forum would experience? LMAO

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Of course quality matters, but things like wood and metal accents and soft touch is Perceived, not Real Quality. Real quality is how well it holds up and lasts.
Honestly that is my main compliant. I don't think the interior looks bad. I just think it flexes more than I would expect. The Leather seats also are already strecthed/loose on the demo units after around 2500 miles.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why does “hard and sleek” equate to “cheap” but “soft-touch” is upmarket?
Especially since the soft touch cuts, tears and cracks eventually. Human perceptions are strange at times.
I guess my soft abs are upmarket. Excellent!

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your missing the fact there is a difference between hard plastics and soft touch plastics. Material thickness and tooling (texture) play a big part as well. The Bronco interior feels pretty cheap, no reason to sugar coat it, it is what it is at this point. Basically, we all get the Base interior, plans for upgraded interior touch points got cut for whatever reason.
Soft touch can crack and deteriorate faster than hard plastic especially if have to park in the sun. Last week I rented a Jeep Compass and spent a week driving all over the Colorado mountains. I'm pretty sure you all would consider it super cheep plastic, but the darn thing was one of the most durable and rattle free interiors I've been in. That's what I want. If you want lux get a Jag or Lexus.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My question is: why would you want a super plush dash on a vehicle that is intended for getting out and dirty? As long as the dash doesn’t turn into the mess of cracked and broken dashes that Chevy had in the 90’s then I’m good with a more resilient plastic dash that should be fairly easy to clean. Just google car panels that have stitching and you can see examples of water damage from it seeping under the vinyl or leather and bloating the dash. Anyway, if it’s such a huge problem then opt out and maybe wait to see if they makes adjustments to later years.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior 1622745949690