stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your use off the word hard plastic is interesting. I'd say there's nothing hard about the plastic interior.

In fact it's incredibly soft, and cheap. It's my single biggest complaint about the Bronco to date. I'm amazed that they used such an inferior product. The slightest brush against the surfaces leaves a mark.

I believe I read a post here that stated you can ceramic coat the panels for some added protection.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a Ford issue. I believe they use recycled plastic bottles. The Maverick is the most worthless POS when it comes to plastic. It’s my biggest gripe with Ford besides CarPlay. If not gouged you can use Griots 3 in 1 ceramic spray while cleaning to help conceal that white look. Or apply heat carefully. Practice somewhere inconspicuous. It works.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe that the marking comes from it being textured, so it’s likely that the textured part is less robust than the base of the material. I’m not really sure what people would have preferred, a leather or pleather wrapped door panel that would likely be hell to clean after a good dirty day or maybe some suede? If you are careful you can likely use a heat gun at a distance to help a little but be careful not to burn or melt the panel. As for people wanting more, why not take your door panel to the nearest automotive upholstery place and ask if they can do anythjng.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone found a way to buff out scuffs on the hard plastic interior areas of their Bronco?
I don’t know anything that will get rid of scuffs, but going over the plastic with 303 seems to really help to prevent the scuffs from happening in the first place. I like 303 because it’s not greasy and won’t attract dirt. It makes the plastic look nice, too.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe that the marking comes from it being textured, so it’s likely that the textured part is less robust than the base of the material. I’m not really sure what people would have preferred, a leather or pleather wrapped door panel that would likely be hell to clean after a good dirty day or maybe some suede? If you are careful you can likely use a heat gun at a distance to help a little but be careful not to burn or melt the panel. As for people wanting more, why not take your door panel to the nearest automotive upholstery place and ask if they can do anythjng.

I don't agree. I believe the marking is a by-product of it being incredibly soft. I've had 2 Tahoes with textured interior panels, and they didn't scuff like this.

Recycled plastic sucks donkey balls. Once you recycle plastic it loses chemical properties that makes it less durable, and it breaks down much easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0ne

blessedx4

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don’t know anything that will get rid of scuffs, but going over the plastic with 303 seems to really help to prevent the scuffs from happening in the first place. I like 303 because it’s not greasy and won’t attract dirt. It makes the plastic look nice, too.
Which 303 do you recommen?

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't agree. I believe the marking is a by-product of it being incredibly soft. I've had 2 Tahoes with textured interior panels, and they didn't scuff like this.

Recycled plastic sucks donkey balls. Once you recycle plastic it loses chemical properties that makes it less durable, and it breaks down much easier.
I doubt the texture was the same but it doesn’t matter in the end, the panels scuff and scratch and I suppose they should have made a trim with the “mall crawler” in mind that would have a luxury style interior instead of the dumbed down that everyone has. Have you been in a new Toyota lately? Seems more and more manufacturers are switching to less expensive interior materials but still charging a premium. As for ceramic coatings they will make it easier to clean but they aren’t going to make it more robust and stronger. I am still waiting for someone to have their panels redone.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I doubt the texture was the same but it doesn’t matter in the end, the panels scuff and scratch and I suppose they should have made a trim with the “mall crawler” in mind that would have a luxury style interior instead of the dumbed down that everyone has. Have you been in a new Toyota lately? Seems more and more manufacturers are switching to less expensive interior materials but still charging a premium. As for ceramic coatings they will make it easier to clean but they aren’t going to make it more robust and stronger. I am still waiting for someone to have their panels redone.
Whether the texture was the same or not, It's the durability of the plastic that's the issue. It's cheap.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Magic marker touch up (y)

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe I read a post here that stated you can ceramic coat the panels for some added protection.
Ceramic coating wouldn't help at all, actually. It's a common misconception that ceramic coatings even protect against scratches on paint.

The only thing that might help is applying Aerospace 303 as it rejuvenates the plastic so it doesn't look so dry. Which should help hiding small scratches.