Sponsored

Anyone else concerned about their top holding up over time?

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I watched him shear 3/4 of them immediately with relative ease off of one side, really didnt seem like he was applying much pressure at all.. The plastic is so small and flimsy that you have to be super careful/know what you are doing when removing that panel (unfortunately he did not).
Don't have mine yet and Ive watched the videos 10 times..feel like an expert...bored I guess
Sponsored

OP
OP

Richardson

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4runner trd off road
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Don't have mine yet and Ive watched the videos 10 times..feel like an expert...bored I guess
good for you... learn from my mistake, don't let them touch it!

BroncoDr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is the exact tutorial I watched over and over while waiting at the dealership to pick it up. I watched him rip it off, it was like one wrong move and snap, snap, snap. 3/4 of the clips were gone.
So the plastic ‘tongues’ of the clips broke?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I expect it to be a consumable like breaks, eventually it will fail/tear/fade/bend/what ever, then I'll get a new one, maybe aftermarket has something interesting by then, if not I'll get what ever Ford will be putting on them years from now.
Yep, all soft tops regardless of manufacture are consumable items. ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP

Richardson

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So the plastic ‘tongues’ of the clips broke?
yes, there seem to be 4 "T" shaped tongues or clips that attach the canvas to the plastic bracing in the back corners. So now, my canvas on the back left corner is flapping away from the plastic bracing until a new rear panel comes in. Thankfully, it is pleasant in Texas right now so maybe a blessing in disguise?

BroncoDr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes, there seem to be 4 "T" shaped tongues or clips that attach the canvas to the plastic bracing in the back corners. So now, my canvas on the back left corner is flapping away from the plastic bracing until a new rear panel comes in. Thankfully, it is pleasant in Texas right now so maybe a blessing in disguise?
Oh ok. I thought it was the clips on the top of the window. Yeah he must have pulled back rather than up and from the fabric not the plastic piece underneath. That sucks I’m sorry.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe there is a tsb out for this....however the rivets are backordered...

Sponsored
OP
OP

Richardson

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I believe there is a tsb out for this....however the rivets are backordered...
what is a "tsb"? I am sure that is an obvious question for most but seems important for me to know now.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just picked up my 2.7, soft top, basesquatch and the dealer ripped the clips off the back window before I could even get it off the lot (they said they could get a replacement window panel in the next week but we will see). I've seen other reports of the clips tearing off the back panel extremely easily and stitching coming loose. As I live with the soft top the past few days, removing the rear windows, the various foam/rubber sewn into the canvas seems incredibly brittle. Am I crazy here to expect a bit more from a new vehicle? I do love the Bronco but feel a bit let down by the lack of quality here. My soft top CJ7 from high school is still intact and I removed it hundreds of times over the past decades. I can't imagine this product holding up more than a few years. Anyone else concerned about their top holding up over time?
Not really worried about it. Like jeep tops they are meat to be replaced. Over the years I've replaced several tops. no big deal.
Sponsored