604Bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Sweet videos - Thanks for sharing this!

I’ll still stick to my 2.7L though. I’ve never driven a Ford with a 2.7L to compare to my 5.7L Hemi, so we’ll see… I’m still thinking I’ll be underwhelmed, but hopefully I’m pleasantly surprised :)

Sergeant Gearhead

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It will be interesting to see what engine people choose when the Bronco goes on sale. My personal choice would be the 2.3 because (of course) it's the one with the manual, and because I've heard good reviews about the 2.3 when it's in the Ranger and Explorer.

Raptor911

Wildtrak
First Name
Raptor911
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor, 2018 BMW M2
advantages and disadvantages to both:

2.3 >> Metal oil pan with direct injection only ..
2.7 >> Plastic oil pan with Dual injection (direct and port)

It will be interesting to see what engine people choose when the Bronco goes on sale. My personal choice would be the 2.3 because (of course) it's the one with the manual, and because I've heard good reviews about the 2.3 when it's in the Ranger and Explorer.

Last edited:

GABAR

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
I’m envious of the people who live in a place that has plenty of sand dunes for high speed fun.

I have zero interest in rock crawling but I appreciate those who enjoy It.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
advantages and disadvantages to both:

2.3 >> Metal oil pan with direct injection only .. less HP with smaller gas tank
2.7 >> Plastic oil pan with Dual injection (direct and port) ... more HP with bigger gas tank
I believe it's 2dr vs 4dr that decides the size of the gas tank. Not motor size. You still get the small tank with a 2.7 in a 2 door.😉

MayhemMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew Lariat 4x4. Mustang GT convertible
Overkill is part of my genetic makeup. However, after looking at the numbers and comparing the 2.3 to the 2.7 I fail to see any significance worth the extra money. In my case, the Bronco will never be “ ripping” it up . It will glide over the dunes on the coast, or meander through a wooded path. Asphalt is where the majority of its life will be spent. The 2.3 wins.

Advertisement

Wide Open Roads Banner 2

Advertisement