Droogalex

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi everyone! Completely new to this and ordered an OBX w/ MIC through the Military AutoSource program in early December 2022. I was given a VIN and the status says "Scheduled for Production" but with no date. Does having a VIN save me from these changes? Thank you!
Sponsored

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have a 2.7 2DR WT LUX HOSS on order. Wtf do I do to make the alternative to look and feel even remotely similar?
As far as I can see, it’ll cost way over $2.5k that they’re offering.

36834FF2-1B7C-43CE-BB68-4CAE7D903BDC.png
We are hosed. I have the same build as you Day 1, Hour 1 res holder. I have spent some time trying to figure it out. Using the Ford Build it tool, MY MSRP was @58K (not including my prorgram dollars) Lux, Cloth, upgraded bumper that was all I had on mine.

Closest I was able to do is toss the Lux, move to high, Badlands, non sas. Benefit is I actually would prefer Marine Grade seats to cloth or leather-that is the only benefit as far as I see.

Now the problems. Price Non SAS Badlands @55k not including programs.

You would have to buy heavy duty steering rack, 4.7, Fox shocks, tie rods, SAS fenders, wheels and 35s, upgrade your stereo and live without a few things like heated steering, ACC, evasive steering assist and then a couple of things I don't really care about-garage door opener, charger etc.

Assume 1250 for new wheels, 1750 for tires, 5K for Shocks, steering rack ?, 4.7 ? SAS fenders @400, stereo @1500-2000, tie rods 400. Now add in labor-2K estimate including alignment. I am somewhat handy but this stuff is either above my pay grade or don't have the tools to do them.

So the 2500 bucks and the 3k savings isn't going to cover half the cost.

You could argue you end up with better wheels and tires-totally agree Goodyears are not good tires. Stereo likely better as well.

Fact is this is a terrible deal for people who ordered a Wildtrak and have been waiting for a couple of years now to get one. It obviously is what it is but anyone thinking that Ford is taking care of these folks aren't thinking clearly.

Biggest open question is what about the top for us two door folks. If that is the snag for us and not just the 4 doors our options become even more limited.

khudgi

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT 4x4 CC / 2023 F350 CC LAR 4x4 PS 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow, the hits keep coming.... I was fortunate to get mine the end of December including all the restraints.

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ordered a Wildtrack/ Lux Package, tow hitch, dual tops 10/15/2020 and I’m not changing…. I’ll just wait them out and buy a Jeep in the mean time.
Exactly what I’m thinking about doing!

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are hosed. I have the same build as you Day 1, Hour 1 res holder. I have spent some time trying to figure it out. Using the Ford Build it tool, MY MSRP was @58K (not including my prorgram dollars) Lux, Cloth, upgraded bumper that was all I had on mine.

Closest I was able to do is toss the Lux, move to high, Badlands, non sas. Benefit is I actually would prefer Marine Grade seats to cloth or leather-that is the only benefit as far as I see.

Now the problems. Price Non SAS Badlands @55k not including programs.

You would have to buy heavy duty steering rack, 4.7, Fox shocks, tie rods, SAS fenders, wheels and 35s, upgrade your stereo and live without a few things like heated steering, ACC, evasive steering assist and then a couple of things I don't really care about-garage door opener, charger etc.

Assume 1250 for new wheels, 1750 for tires, 5K for Shocks, steering rack ?, 4.7 ? SAS fenders @400, stereo @1500-2000, tie rods 400. Now add in labor-2K estimate including alignment. I am somewhat handy but this stuff is either above my pay grade or don't have the tools to do them.

So the 2500 bucks and the 3k savings isn't going to cover half the cost.

You could argue you end up with better wheels and tires-totally agree Goodyears are not good tires. Stereo likely better as well.

Fact is this is a terrible deal for people who ordered a Wildtrak and have been waiting for a couple of years now to get one. It obviously is what it is but anyone thinking that Ford is taking care of these folks aren't thinking clearly.

Biggest open question is what about the top for us two door folks. If that is the snag for us and not just the 4 doors our options become even more limited.
I guess I’ll just keep the order as is, pray that it will miraculously progress one day, and buy a Model Y with a $20k discount to drive in the meantime..

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Am wondering if there’s enough for a class action lawsuit against Ford for claiming to be able to produce something it can’t, bait and switch, and fraudulently providing a form of price protection if you switch to what they can produce (and backing out if you insist on waiting for what you ordered)

Good idea. The lawyers will make millions and 6 years from now, we’ll all get a coupon good for $500 off a new Ford.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good idea. The lawyers will make millions and 6 years from now, we’ll all get a coupon good for $500 off a new Ford.
At least Ford will be paying for all of this and learn a lesson about how to treat customers.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi everyone! Completely new to this and ordered an OBX w/ MIC through the Military AutoSource program in early December 2022. I was given a VIN and the status says "Scheduled for Production" but with no date. Does having a VIN save me from these changes? Thank you!
You're good to go. Contact Ford Chat online with your order number and they'll be able to tell you the date you're schedule to be built. Keep in mind, these dates are not set in stone.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jetta, 14 Chevy SS, 11 Ranger, 06 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Morning All. Another great day for someone who only wants a two-door Bronco. @Ford Motor Company how do I order a 23? If the MIC can't be ordered, what option do I have? Would you please add a factory soft-top only option? Would greatly appreciate your response.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What happens when we all switch to badlands and Ford can’t build those? Lol lol lol lol lol.

Sponsored

Shawn of the Dead

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder if this affects dealer stock. They have a 2 door Wildtrack , MIC top, High Package scheduled to be produced in the last week of Feb for a March delivery. I reserved that and have a sales agreement for that specific vehicle when it arrives. If it is not going to be produced with a hardtop that is def a deal breaker. These are the vehicles that Ford has told the dealers they will receive so maybe it is at the expense of customer orders.

I will switch to a Gladiator if they can't produce what they promised.

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So can we get the 2500 and the price protection money (3600 for me since I have a wildtrak) as a check? If so I’d step down to a badlands and just buy the adv hardtop with fords money.
My question also, do I get the 3600 and the 2500 ?

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question also, do I get the 3600 and the 2500 ?
Sounds like it. If that’s the case I’m in on a badlands

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

HOSS 3.0 is more than shocks-
With HOSS 3.0, Ford gives you the steel Capable bumper with tow hooks and integrated fog lamps, front steel bash plate, plus the stars of the system: FOX 2.5-inch Internal Bypass Dampers, the Ford Performance Severe-Duty upgraded steering rack from the Bronco Raptor, upgraded inner and outer tie rods, and a rear sway bar on both 2- and 4-doors.
It was a lot for the money and fixed some of the Broncos short coming.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yet, you can order essentially any other vehicle and there not be an issue...playing the blame game might have worked a year ago but it's now 2023, come on. Jeep was sweating when this thing got revealed and now they're laughing and thanking Ford for the sales....
Not saying Ford is the best preforming manufacturer, may indeed be the worst, but you cannot just go and get "any other vehicle", or you live in a different world than I do.
Sponsored