Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if you were taking about any other Toyota that doesn’t compete with the Bronco, you may be right, cause I’ve never cared. Good luck running doors off of the Highlander, I had one and from experience, they don’t come off.

Toyota has barely if ever allowed a custom order. You get what’s on the ground built, redirected to that dealer. I think it even has to be in the country for 4Runner. The dinosaur current Generation 4-Runner (ha, same
Ole’ 4.0NA in 2023?) has insane markup on any TRDPro and TRD Sport or whatever they chaged the names too. I’ve been skipping the current Generation 4-Runner since before the wrangler JL launch. The “pre orders” on allocation for the next generation 4 Runner started last year at some dealers. They will have the same problem that ford has and without nearly the flexibility in selection.
Was never planning to take my Bronco doors off. Looks dumb and I have no interest so super narrow argument against anything that competes with a Bronco. Just don’t be sad when the Bronco seems like yesterday’s doughnuts after the new Land Cruiser, 4 Runner and GX launch.

Robert19

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford has officially shat the bed. Lost all respect for them. They are F****** over the reservation holders who have patiently been waiting YEARS. Forcing us to either buy a bronco we don't want or pushing us to a 2024 where we aren't price protected. Then selling the Sasquatch/lux/hard tops at a higher price to new customers willing to pay that price when available. @Ford Motor Company do better.

newsman9

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've gone through all the posts and didn't see this PP issue come up: Is it still tied to trim like it used to be? Or can I, say, switch from OBX to BL and still qualify for the PP on my order (and the $2,500, too)?

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford has officially shat the bed. Lost all respect for them. They are F****** over the reservation holders who have patiently been waiting YEARS. Forcing us to either buy a bronco we don't want or pushing us to a 2024 where we aren't price protected. Then selling the Sasquatch/lux/hard tops at a higher price to new customers willing to pay that price when available. @Ford Motor Company do better.
Remember if you are at a dealer where lots of allocations were pulled ahead you won't see a 2024 either. Say one like Granger gets 200 pulled ahead. It might be two years before they get another Bronco.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Remember if you are at a dealer where lots of allocations were pulled ahead you won't see a 2024 either. Say one like Granger gets 200 pulled ahead. It might be two years before they get another Bronco.
True. If you’re there and don’t make changes, this could be your fate until they offset the allocation allowed for MY23 above what they should’ve received. Interesting point that i hasn’t considered. But without PP moving forward, I’d think any buyer at those dealerships would be more apt to look elsewhere during 2023, since the 2024 price increase would eat into the $1k-$2k below invoice pricing.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is what I’ve been told as well. Price Protection is tied to the name and the order. I was told I couldn’t apply MY ‘23 price protection at a different dealer from my original order on a stock unit.
That's correct.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you for that clarification for MY'23. I know that I had my PP for MY'22 that was triggered for my original reservation applied to a new order that was not entitled to any PP but received it. Ford seems to have closed that loophole by tying it to the ordered vehicle.
That was always the case, but the dealer's not gonna come after you for their mistake when they get charged back for that rebate.

Sponsored

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bet this is all to stop customers from ordering, but allows dealers to order trucks for dealer stock. Guarantee that loaded Wildtrak’s will be on the lots in 2023.

This is happening to allow dealers to make money.

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Conglomerates do not care. They lose one customer and gain another. Customer service is gone. Never coming back. Only small shops offer this now. Nobody will be teaching ford a lesson canceling. Cold hard truth. Or by selling off their stock as one poster said. Sell it off,someone else will buy it. In the end just do what makes you happy because ford motor company does not care at all about you. This can be copied and pasted for all other car manufacturers as well.
People said the same thing about Sears. Didn’t work out too well for them.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If @Ford Motor Company had chosen to honor reservations over allocations from the beginning they would not be in this mess.
Agree.

If Ford takes away my Price Protection without honoring my 2+ year reservation I will never again buy a Ford product. Plus I will bad mouth Ford to anyone who will listen.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree.

If Ford takes away my Price Protection without honoring my 2+ year reservation I will never again buy a Ford product. Plus I will bad mouth Ford to anyone who will listen.
Yeah, that is the part that grinds me the most, for them to cancel the price protection because they can't build the units is just not right any way you look at it. I can understand the rest of it, don't like it, but can understand, just not the PP going away next year.
Sponsored