Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford should have stopped taking any fresh orders until all reservation customers orders were filled. At least this summer when us day 1-2 people still don't have our Broncos we don't have to listen to fresh walk-ins coming here and boasting about being scheduled with high constraint builds.
Sponsored

swagner2

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
but they obviously don’t have 10 months because MY23 production will start when, summer time? Early fall?

Yes MY changeover is typically done by August but it is up to Michigan Plant. That’s why the order bank closes. Once everything is in they set their production schedule.

Stamping change overs in mid November.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully we get a good timeline with 23MY changeover in the next couple months. We are already about to push May build dates and honestly if my build is within a couple months of 23MY I will just 99 my order like I did last September. I want to see what changes will be made.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I first put iny order last March, my dealer said I was #72 of their 74 allocation, due to my late Dec. 2020 reservation timestamp.

I checked with my dealer yesterday to see if getting a 2022 was realistic.* He said they've had just two MIC top orders get built so far and seven soft top orders, but the latter are at ice mountain waiting for chips. Virtually no chance to get a 2022.

I thought I was a patient man, but this is crazy. I'm now looking at alternatives.

* I have many of the deadly sins: 2-door Badlands Sasquatch, V-6, Lux package, tow package.

Reactions: LCW

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is this fake news or what?

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great news! People with MY 21 & 22 can officially refer to their Bronco's as Prototype Edition.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has sent a communication to dealers highlighting a variety of solutions and updates pertaining to Bronco order holders.

2022 Model Year Order Banks Pausing After March 7
Similar to actions taken on Maverick, Ford is announcing that the order banks for MY22 Broncos (except Raptor) will close. This will allow Ford to prioritize the completion of orders already in.

While there are no guarantees, if you’d like a chance for a 2022 model, convert your reservation to an order before then, or, if you don’t have a reservation, place your order with your dealer. Alternatively, a small amount of stock units may be available on dealer lots for purchase.

New retail orders can be placed later this year when the MY23 order banks open later this year.

If you are on the fence about your current order, Ford is encouraging customers to update their orders prior to the March 7th cutoff.

The exception to the March 7 date is for the new MY22.5 product additions. The Job 2 order bank will open March 9. If you are trying to change your order to an Everglades, Raptor, or Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0; you will need to wait until March 9 to make that change.

Paint Protection Film (PPF) Removal from Orders
Ford has removed the PPF option from all orders except the 2022 Wildtrak to help build more ordered Broncos. This change requires no action by the customer, and orders will automatically be adjusted by $295.

If customers would like paint protection, contact your dealer about the dealer-installed PPF from the Bronco Accessory catalog. Installation carries an additional cost.

Pricing Updates on B&P
Ford has confirmed that there are additional pricing increases for the MY22.5. These prices are reflected on the most recent build and price updates. Ford states that they will share additional information on how this impacts current reservation and unscheduled order holders ahead of order banks opening on March 9, 2022.

Customers who placed an order or reservation before March 19, 2021 fall under price protection and are not impacted by this.

Continued Constraints: Trailer Tow Package and Hard Top
If you’d like to have a better opportunity at getting your Bronco faster, Ford recommends switching to a soft top and removing the Trailer Tow option from your order. Ford says Trailer Tow “continues to be a high want item with 60% of orders including this feature and our build rate only capable of 35%.”

Ford has an alternative trailer tow hitch system that can be installed by your dealership. Contact your dealer to remove Trailer Tow from your order and ask about the Trailer Hitch Kit (#MB3Z-19D520-A) and 4-pin Wiring Harness for Trailer Hitch Kit (#FT1Z-15A416-A). If you require a 7-pin connection, keep the factory option selected.

Broncos on ‘Ice Mountain’ at Willow Run
By now, many in the community are aware of the backlog of Broncos parked at Willow Run, dubbed ‘Ice Mountain’ by the internet and guessed to be there for global chip-shortage reasons. Ford has confirmed this is correct.

Ford says there are a few thousand Broncos waiting, but vehicles are being updated and shipped daily. The goal is to have all of these updated within the next 90 days, pending chip availability.

FordPass Performance App Update
While no firm timing has been announced, Ford has confirmed the FordPass Performance App with Off-Road Navigation will launch in the 2022 calendar year.
So based of Fords history of meeting dates, they will take orders thru the summer of 22.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does this move signify that Ford believes they can fulfill all current orders in this MY or are they just trying to stop the bleeding?

I tend to think that it is the latter.
Let's look at the evidence and see where it takes us...

Ford is claiming that they are hoping for a 90 day resolution to 'updating' ice mountain prisoners.

Ford has already scheduled up to late April as I recall. That gives about four months left of scheduling in the year. Anyone believing they won't push those dates hasn't been paying attention.

They are stopping new orders after 3/7/22 (although dealers can cram as many as they like in before then, in case they get allocations, even for dealer stock/walk-ins).

What has changed? Everglades and Raptors. They can order after 3/9/22 (and are not subject to the stoppage of orders).

Add it all together and you get that Ford already has more orders in than they can build and are limiting the ability of big dealers to get walk-ins serviced so that they can build Raptors and Everglades instead. (Ford would look awfully foolish if they had the same problem with (already allocated) Raptors and presumably Everglades as they did with the FE's, where they had to cancel some of them at the end. I don't know how many of the 7000 FE's were cancelled, but it was a substantial percentage and a huge black eye for Ford. Can you imagine if the FE holders who didn't get one last year, that were promised a Raptor in 2022 and didn't get a Raptor this year? Ford will do whatever it takes to get those units out, including kicking the reservation holders back a few thousand units.

This is good news for Raptor and Everglades orderers. Probably shitty for the rest of us. Don't worry about the big dealers though, they will be able to command even bigger ADM's and will be fine as they will get Raptors to replace the lower end Bronco's for walk-ins.

Short version; Ford is concentrating on Raptor and Everglades so that their preferred dealers have them available to sell. Everyone who has been waiting can go fish.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen aftermarket 4 pin alternatives like OP posted (hitch kit). there must be an aftermarket 7 pin option we can use to avoid the factory tow package.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford should have stopped taking any fresh orders until all reservation customers orders were filled. At least this summer when us day 1-2 people still don't have our Broncos we don't have to listen to fresh walk-ins coming here and boasting about being scheduled with high constraint builds.
I believe Ford is going to reallocate commodities (as per my post three up from here) to Raptors and Everglades. We reservationsists are going to go into a big pause while Ford cranks out the specialty units for their preferred dealers. It could not be worse news.

edit; plus every price increase means that Ford is stacking rebates on the hoods of our someday Bronco's. That is straight out of profit for them. The more that get delayed past the 2023MY price protections guarantee means they can claw back all that cash. They have a negative incentive to get us our trucks before then.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why in the world would Ford want to sell discounted Broncos when all the money is made on today's orders with today's prices?
Sponsored