Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When it comes to logistics it is a matter of cost. I see a lot of complaints about time frame, but I doubt the market would support the cost to expedite these units quicker. All companies are motivated to receive the quickest return on investment as possible. However, cost have to be transferred to the consumer.
Sponsored

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had a chance to look at some of the numbers and updated my Google sheet

SALES
Trailing 3 month daily sales are at 303/day, the lowest level since February 2022. Trailing 3 month daily sales plateaued around 360 since the beginning of the year, but May's poor sold volume (8,211, the lowest since June 2022's 8,681) suggests struggling sales.

It looks like Ford is on pace to sell ~109.2 to 110.9K Broncos in 2023, vs. 117.1K last year, so sales down around 7K YoY. (See tab "May 2023 Analysis" in the sheet linked above.)

This is the second consecutive month with <10K in monthly sales, in a world where gross stocks should at least be adequate to fulfill demand (gross stock at EOM was 8.4K).

I'd guess spiking interest rates are cutting into demand, with fewer people able to carry the now higher note. I see more Broncos sitting on dealer lots, albeit with still substantial ADM on the stickers.

I think we'll see ADM for in-stock Broncos begin to ease once we get through summer.

PRODUCTION
Daily production is back up to around 480, trailing 3 months, close to maximum they've achieved in the past. Given the growing gap between sales and production, it appears that Ford has enough capacity to meet overall (NB: not B6G customer--a small subset) demand for the vehicles.

At appears as though Ford is run-rating toward 156.9 and 166K Broncos produced this year, up from the 139K last year.

With slowing sales, it probably means more will be headed to Canada and other markets.

Hope this is helpful or of interest to the other Bronco fans out there.

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe get some of the 10k or more broncos stuck “in production” shipped from the back lots.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe get some of the 10k or more broncos stuck “in production” shipped from the back lots.
It definitely does look like more Broncos are stuck somewhere. The cumulative unaccounted for Broncos (this could mean demo units, shipped other markets, etc.) has popped up to 44.6K at EOM May, when that number has been hovering in the mid-to high 20's for the last year or so.

However, with 10.2K gross stock at EOM April and 8.4K at EOM May, it's clear that sales are definitely slowing down, probably as they worked through much of the pent-up demand from those interested in the vehicle early on.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Come on @Administrator, this thread picture is just cruel! ;)

Bronco May 2023 Sales: 8,211 Sold / 14,877 Produced - (0 Heritage Editions)

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anybody out in bronco land have the 2dr vs moredoor production #'s?

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anybody out in bronco land have the 2dr vs moredoor production #'s?
Never seen the breakdown, but I'd be really interested.

My bet is that it'd be something like 90/10, 4dr vs. 2 dr., although the split here would be significantly different.
Sponsored