Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Bronco May 2023 Sales & Production Figures
  • Bronco May Sales: 8,456 Sales (YTD): 58,580 vehicles.
    • May sales represent a 3% increase from May.
  • Bronco May Production: 13,530 vehicles. Production (YTD): 75,149 vehicles.
    • May production represents a 9% decrease from May.
See May 2023 results
June 2023 results PDF

Ford Bronco 📈 Bronco June 2023 Sales: 8,456 Sold / 13,530 Produced Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 6.56.03 AM

Ford Bronco 📈 Bronco June 2023 Sales: 8,456 Sold / 13,530 Produced Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 6.56.21 AM

Ford Bronco 📈 Bronco June 2023 Sales: 8,456 Sold / 13,530 Produced Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 6.56.08 AM

PRESS RELEASE:

FORD CONTINUES ITS SALES MOMENTUM AS AMERICA’S NO. 1 BRAND, TRUCK AND TRUCK MANUFACTURER THROUGH SECOND QUARTER
JUL 6, 2023 | DEARBORN

• Ford is America’s No. 1 brand for six consecutive months this year on strength of pickups, vans, commercial vehicles and new Escape
  • F-Series is America’s No. 1 truck with Q2 sales up 34.0 percent; first half sales of F-Series up 27.9 percent – widening its lead over Silverado by over 118,000 trucks
  • Ford electric vehicle sales continue to grow; Mustang Mach-E sales pace quickened at the end of Q2 with sales in June up 110 percent vs. last June
  • Total Ford truck sales accelerated in Q2 – up 26.2 percent and making Ford America’s No. 1 selling truck manufacturer this year, outselling GM’s combined truck and van sales by 61,000 trucks
  • Ford outsells all of GM in total pickup sales in Q2 with F-Series, Ranger and Maverick sales of 246,155
  • As America’s No. 1 van, Transit van sales were up 30.1 percent, also, E-Series climbed 63.7 percent
Dearborn, Mich., July 6, 2023 – Ford was America’s best-selling brand in the second quarter on the strength of its trucks, electric vehicles and new vehicle launches, posting sales gains of 11.2 percent for the quarter.

Ford is now the best-selling brand and has the best-selling truck in America for six consecutive months this year. F-Series has been the best-selling truck in America for 46 years in a row.

Ford truck sales accelerated in Q2, climbing 26.2 percent on the strength of the new Super Duty and improved inventory flow. This is the second straight quarterly gain for Ford and best Q2 sales performance since pre-Covid 2019.

Ford was the No. 1 selling truck manufacturer in Q2 and for the first half of the year. Sales climbed 26.2 percent in Q2. Through the first half of 2023, Ford’s overall truck sales totaled 549,625, up 23.1 percent and outselling GM’s trucks and vans by approximately 61,000 trucks.

Ford EV Sales Gain Momentum

Ford’s EV sales continue to grow building on the sales momentum of the F-150 Lightning and Mach-E, which achieved higher sales through stronger inventory.

“Ford achieved both best-selling brand and truck for six consecutive months this year on the strength of F-Series, vans, our new Escape and F-150 Lightning,” said Andrew Frick, vice president, sales distribution, and trucks. “Our EV sales continue to grow. Improved Mustang Mach-E inventory flow began to hit at the end of Q2 following the retooling of our plant earlier this year, which helped Mustang Mach-E sales climb 110 percent in June.”
F-150 Lightning sales were up 119 percent in Q2 over year ago and a 4.1 percent gain from Q1. F-150 Lightning continues to attract new customers to Ford with 50 percent new to the brand, based on most recent conquest data. Year-to-date, Ford EV sales rose 11.9 percent. Ford’s overall EV sales were up 35.5 percent in June.

With the launch of Ford’s all-new Super Duty pickup and chassis cabs, F-Series sales increased 34.0 percent increase in Q2 on sales of 212,516 F-Series trucks. That’s up 24.7 percent from the first quarter. F-Series total industry share hit almost 36 percent in Q2 – up almost 5 full percentage points over Q2 last year.

Through the first half of this year, F-Series remains America’s best-selling truck on sales of 382,893 trucks – outselling second-place Silverado by approximately 118,000 trucks. Ford Maverick sales increased 7.8 percent in Q2 ahead of additional capacity coming online this month to meet continued strong customer demand.

Combined F-Series, Ranger and Maverick sales of 246,155 pickups outsold all of GM’s Silverado, Sierra, Colorado, Canyon and Hummer EV in Q2 of this year. Ford’s combined sales of F-Series, Ranger and Maverick were up 26.7 percent in Q2 over a year ago.
The strength of Ford’s vans continued to shine for the quarter. Transit continued as America’s best-selling van in Q2 on sales of 32,031 – up 30.1 percent, compared to year ago. Ford E-Series vans increased 63.7 percent in Q2 and are up 55.7 percent this year. Ford was No. 1 in commercial sales, based on the most recent registration data through April. Ford’s U.S. Class 1-7 commercial trucks and vans share grew to 40.3 percent, up 1.0 percentage point from the same period a year ago.

Meanwhile, Lincoln closed the quarter with sales gains thanks to improved inventory. Navigator Q2 sales increased 20.1 percent on sales of 4,688 vehicles, while sales of the new Lincoln Corsair climbed 27.0 percent in June to end the quarter. Nautilus sales also saw a 58.5 percent increase in June at the end of Q2.

BlueCruise, Ford’s driver assist technology, continues to be a hit with customers. Customer usage has now surpassed 90 million hands-free driven miles, cumulatively, a 40 percent increase since the end of Q1. Ford’s latest version of the technology, BlueCruise 1.2, allows hands-free lane changes with the tap of a turn signal and delivers a more seamless driving experience. Ford will continue to improve the BlueCruise experience for its customers and deliver it through over-the-air updates.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Fast Sales Start for New Escape

Sales of the new Escape were up 28.7 percent in Q2. Forty percent of Escape Q2 sales are the new ST-Line series

Nearly half of the Escape Plug-in Hybrid customers are new to Ford.

EV Momentum

Year-to-date Ford EV sales rose 11.9 percent. Mustang Mach-E gains continued in June, up 110 percent vs. a year ago. Ford’s overall EV sales were up 35.5 percent in June.

Strong New Super Duty Q2 Sales

Sales of the all-new Super Duty continued its momentum through Q2, with sales up just over 28.5 percent. June Super Duty sales were up 28.9 percent, giving us a very consistent Q2 result.
Sponsored

Attachments

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting to see gross stock in Broncos so high relative to other models while Q2 sales are down significantly from Q2 2022. Production and sales in June relatively flat.

new to bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Either dealers are holding on to stock due to ADM’s, market is getting saturated or pricing/interest rates are keeping buyers away?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Either dealers are holding on to stock due to ADM’s, market is getting saturated or pricing/interest rates are keeping buyers away?
Most likely two out those three you mentioned. ADM and interest rates.

nostalgia

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is Ford's definition of "gross stock?" Is that vehicles sitting at Ford, sitting on trains, and sitting on dealer lots? What about sales in Q1 that weren't delivered until Q2? Trying to make sense of the Mach-E numbers, which seem really not great for Ford.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There has not been a shortage of Broncos on lots from the antidotal dealers I've seen. The interest rates are really killing sales on top of the already stupid MSRP's on all new cars. The used car market is still surprisingly hot.

I do have to laugh at the seeing the EcoSport on there. That was a joke of a name for that thing.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The prices have gone up so much since introduction, and the missing Base model effectively means even higher price. That's probably turning off a segment of customers. At least for me, an under 30k Bronco was a big selling point.

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Produced in June, still waiting to buy in July………

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder how long until we see discounts below MSRP on Bronco?

Earlier today got an email from Ford for $1500 off a SuperDuty. :cautious: I said to myself, well dang, just bought a 2023 from you guys, can I get 6 months before you try to sell me another?

Guess there are a ton of guys with money to burn through the pockets. Sadly I’m not in that population. :)

Tugger5oh

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder how long until we see discounts below MSRP on Bronco?

Earlier today got an email from Ford for $1500 off a SuperDuty. :cautious: I said to myself, well dang, just bought a 2023 from you guys, can I get 6 months before you try to sell me another?

Guess there are a ton of guys with money to burn through the pockets. Sadly I’m not in that population. :)
Maybe I have a good dealer but ordered my Bronco last month below MSRP build is schedule for end of this month assuming it doesn't get bumped.

Sponsored

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting to see gross stock in Broncos so high relative to other models while Q2 sales are down significantly from Q2 2022. Production and sales in June relatively flat.
Finally had a chance to update my spreadsheet, available at the link below for anybody interested.

Observations
* Trailing 3 month daily production has been flat at 451/calendar day
* Trailing 3 month calendar day sales have been down for three consecutive months, with T3M June 2023 calendar day sales of 287 the lowest observed T3M sales Feb 2022's 262/day
* June calendar day sales did increase slightly to 282 in June, up from May's 265, but daily sales remain lower than the ~320 - 350 observed since April 2022.

As mentioned above, gross stocks ballooned to 18K units, the highest observed to date and the largest since Dec 2022's 15.8K units. I believe there are plant shutdowns in July, so some of the gross stock will be burned down in July. It will be interesting to see where it ends up.

My full year forecasts based on June data is that production numbers will be around 144.8K units and sales will be about 103.6K units (range: 92.3K--which I think highly unlikely--to 114.8K, which might be possible as there will be enough inventory).

The 103.6K annual sales number is down a bit from May's projection of 105.7K. 2022 sales were 117.1K, so I think it's pretty clear Bronco sales look to be down YoY from 2022.

Perhaps we will begin to see better Ford Credit financing rates in the back half of the year? I don't think we'll see cash on the hood, but you never know what year end might bring if Ford is looking at a down year in Bronco sales and doesn't want to show that.

Data:

Isles13

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2DR Wildtrak, '15 Z/28 #533
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really hope we start to see some Ford Credit promo financing options for 2023 MYs in August
Sponsored