Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

wrong. iā€™m a product engineer at FOMOCO in forward model vehicles, and worked launches. no pumping brakes here, sorry

EDIT: I donā€™t care if I just joined this forum today, that has zero to do with my knowledge and expertise/experience in tooling new vehicle launches. I read garbage on this website that is just plain FALSE. better off saying nothing than making up lies about things you know nothing about.
Any insight into what part of the PPAP process was not followed with the MIC tops?
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any insight into what part of the PPAP process was not followed with the MIC tops?
Appendix A3 - 100-year, ā€œBlack Swan Eventā€ Pandemic Contingency Planning, Section 2.3(b)(ii), Worldwide Government-Mandated Economic Shutdown and Quarantining to ā€œControl the Spreadā€

Obviously! šŸ˜‰

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Doubt PPAP Cert was met before production. Not uncommon

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doubt PPAP Cert was met before production. Not uncommon
Appendix A3 - 100-year, ā€œBlack Swan Eventā€ Pandemic Contingency Planning, Section 2.3(b)(ii), Worldwide Government-Mandated Economic Shutdown and Quarantining to ā€œControl the Spreadā€

Obviously! šŸ˜‰

The playbook is there, too bad Ford calls the Audible and FUBARs the bronco launch.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everyone shits on @Seatmandan for countering a completely baseless, fear-mongering rumor that is the cancellation of the 2 door Bronco with some relevant experience. No wonder no one from Ford sticks around these forums.

Ford isnā€™t going to ditch 30% of their orders for no reason especially considering they did spend the money to design and produce (includes tooling) the 2 door.
Actually, he was bashed for the tone he brought. Baseless rumors run rampant around here, we've become used to that and usually move on.

But when someone comes in here giving us attitude, basically telling us we should be grateful for how Ford is handling this, calling us... Shit I forgot... Oh negative Nellie's... Yeah we fire back.

And honestly, Ford should've been in here long before the problems started to occur, not some employee who wants to make an account just to give us grief.

The actions of many on here towards these so called Ford employees is the manifestation of months of let down after let down. And if they decide to come in with a confrontational attitude, they will get dumped on. Is what it is at that point. Goes to show, Know your target audience and adjust accordingly. Don't fight a fire by throwing gas on it!

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually, he was bashed for the tone he brought. Baseless rumors run rampant around here, we've become used to that and usually move on.

But when someone comes in here giving us attitude, basically telling us we should be grateful for how Ford is handling this, calling us... Shit I forgot... Oh negative Nellie's... Yeah we fire back.

And honestly, Ford should've been in here long before the problems started to occur, not some employee who wants to make an account just to give us grief.

The actions of many on here towards these so called Ford employees is the manifestation of months of let down after let down. And if they decide to come in with a confrontational attitude, they will get dumped on. Is what it is at that point. Goes to show, Know your target audience and adjust accordingly. Don't fight a fire by throwing gas on it!
Come on, now. Be honestā€¦ you never need an excuse for firing back. šŸ™ƒšŸ˜‰

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Come on, now. Be honestā€¦ you never need an excuse for firing back. šŸ™ƒšŸ˜‰
Well........
In my mind, I always have a good excuse!

But the new and improved me (post 2 bans) is a much nicer Evl šŸ˜

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Doesn't bother me. I'm mostly a lurker. I have thick skin. I do not in any way shape or form represent Ford. All I can say is I work in the auto industry, and these last 18 months have been unlike anything I've ever witnessed. I'm a bronco purchaser just like the rest of you folks.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cancelling 2 doors is a particularly stupid, baseless fear. I took his post to be emphasizing how wrong that fear is. And he isnā€™t wrong about the Negative Nellies comment. There is so much negativity on this forum and saying ā€œNegative Nelliesā€ is a very nice way of putting it. Did he come in hot? Yeah! But that 2 door cancellation idea is so dumb, Iā€™m okay with approach.

I donā€™t see anywhere in his posts where he is telling everyone to be grateful for anything. Have some faith that the 2 doors wonā€™t be cancelled. I am a believer.

As I suspected, the guy named Seatmandan is not acting on an official Ford capacity. He decided to give some of his background as to why he knows 2 doors arenā€™t getting cancelled.

He says that he works for Ford, so all the sudden itā€™s acceptable for this forum to attack him for pent up frustrations of the company he works. Screw that! If the target audience is people endless bitching about Ford and manifesting doomsday, then this place isnā€˜t worth a thing. This place needs to be better than that.

Another thing: gatekeeping post count or account creation date as to what kind of content you are allowed to spread or how to say it is moronic. Judge the comments by their content.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

7/14 Res, originally a 2 DR Badsquatch with lux/2.7/tow. Switched to a 4 DR soft top badlands, sasquatch, 2.7, lux, tow three days ago after an extended test drive Saturday. Scheduled for week of 9/20. Obviously happy but bittersweet giving up the 2 DR. Question, probably asked earlier.....if the build week does indeed end up being the week of 9/20, how long after "build" before the vehicle will typically be delivered to the dealership? Thanks in advance!!
Depends on your location in the country and what method they use to transport, either rail or convoy (truck).

JPMonahasn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What VINs are they up to now? Should be in the 90xxxā€™s. Going to roll over to MLBxxxxx soon. Kinda want a Major League Baseball vin but Iā€™ll be alright.
MLA88 is a 9/13 build, so MLB is very soon

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Plus consider all the people who caved and switched to the "softy". Just to get built...
Not near enough people switchedā€¦.. which helped the ones who did get a ā€˜21. I am one of them. The more I thought about it and after driving a soft top I realized there wasnā€™t a big enough difference to wait. Iā€™m into instant gratification, or in the case of the bronco super delayed that it feels like a instant gratification. The best part was I added in 2.7 and sas to my mod bumper, lux, tow and it got scheduled within two weeks with dumping the mic.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well said.

Folks can come to the guys defense all you want. It's unprofessional as hell for a Ford employee to come into a Ford enthusiast forum from the jump and pick fights with members about their dissatisfaction. If was anything but the internet that shit would never happen.

There was a better way.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would not stick around. No good would come of it. Some people give new meaning to " shoot the messenger". :)
Shoot messenger...ha! He came in and randomly picked a comment by @OldGrayMare and basically said stop your whining I'm a Ford employee...Ha!
Sponsored