Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can i drive across the US of A, and go overlanding in a 2 dr with the wife, 2 kids and gear?
Tow the 2-door with the 4-door.
Sponsored

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think you are missing the point of the automatic temperature control. How does that commercial go......Just set it and forget it. The HRV never gets touched. Sits at 72, boring yes but with butt heaters, you never mess with the AC. Or I should say I donā€™t.
It's more to do with where the air is coming from rather than temp. Defrost/feet/top vent. Seems more intuitive on the base set up. I'm sure it's not going to be a big deal though.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It's more to do with where the air is coming from rather than temp. Defrost/feet/top vent. Seems more intuitive on the base set up. I'm sure it's not going to be a big deal though.
I suppose for the times you need the defrost is might be more searching. Honestly, Iā€™m not sure how to set it from memory on the HRV since it is my wifeā€™s car but for the most part, I donā€™t ever mess with it so I never think about it. The Escape is still old school, fan speed rotating knob, where it blows as you say knob, and temperature knob. Even a knob like me can use it!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I donā€™t get why this still isnā€™t a thing. I think it makes a ton of sense and is more functiona.
I think the hand is faster than the foot! :cool:

Iā€™d keep it on the stalk. Iā€™ve used them both for many years. I find the stalk faster to flash people but it been a long time so..........I could be wrong.

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Big Bend build with the 2.7L and mid-package (you get a lot for that including safety features) is $41k. Get it from Grainger, and itā€™s $39k.

Big Bend gets you all-matching Grill, Wheels, Top. There is absolutely no need to spend $50k.

BTW, a Big Bend will be significantly quicker than the heavier/more expensive rigs. Go BIG (Bend))!
I thought about that but the only interior I can tolerate is the Badlands. I've been looking forward to this for so long that I don't want to make any compromises that would make me wish I did something else. I don't mind two-tone interiors if they are designed well. With the style of the interior and seats it just doesn't work for me. Not in the shades they went with.

If I have to spend $55K on a Bronco I might as well get the Defender and have a good interior. I've lived without a removable top and doors my whole life. It won't change much with them.

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford.bronco

AAAAAA!! STOP IT! šŸ˜†
The indecision is killing me. I "NEED" the space of 4 door but I "WANT" the 2 door styling. Can i drive across the US of A, and go overlanding in a 2 dr with the wife, 2 kids and gear? Please convince me that I can! šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤”
If they can do it so can you. 2 door! 2 door!
Ford Bronco šŸ“· Factory Pics: Dashboard switches & buttons + More Broncos 2016-10-11_04-36-12

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they can do it so can you. 2 door! 2 door!
Ford Bronco šŸ“· Factory Pics: Dashboard switches & buttons + More Broncos 2016-10-11_04-36-12
That's right Halfsmoke00! Heck, they even had room for the chickens! Welp, decisions made if the Beverley Hillbillys only needed a 2 dr to head out West, so do I! Cheers and Beers Everyone!

šŸŗšŸ˜šŸ‘

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford.bronco

AAAAAA!! STOP IT! šŸ˜†
The indecision is killing me. I "NEED" the space of 4 door but I "WANT" the 2 door styling. Can i drive across the US of A, and go overlanding in a 2 dr with the wife, 2 kids and gear? Please convince me that I can! šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤”
JMiles74, JMiles74, 2 door, 2 door, yes you can, yes you can, you got this, just take less sh*t.........

Look at this car and seriously ask yourself, "self, is this a car that gets my motor running?" And then chant with me, 2 door, 2 door, 2 door........
Ford Bronco šŸ“· Factory Pics: Dashboard switches & buttons + More Broncos 7C7878E1-E949-4415-A853-99F8D01C629D

Ford Bronco šŸ“· Factory Pics: Dashboard switches & buttons + More Broncos 2E28B42E-C088-4DCB-97A5-61E8B6CD59A1

Last edited:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t get why this still isnā€™t a thing. I think it makes a ton of sense and is more functiona.
Never worked well in the snow belt, snow gets brought in on feet and switch gets frozen/ rusty. And with the advent of front wheel drive (and smaller cars in general) the "foot box" got smaller leaving much less floor room for the switch.

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's a black diamond I labeled it wrong! Non signature headlamps bc the sigs the bar goes into the lamp. Nons the bar stops just short of the lamps.
Is there a difference in appearance between the advertised steel rear bumper on the BD and a standard bumper?

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is there a difference in appearance between the advertised steel rear bumper on the BD and a standard bumper?
The only thing I really noticed the plastic is a smooth appearance while the metal has a texture pattern on it.

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a short cut for Texans to try to cool off their cars in hot summers (regular summers) as fast as possible.
You're not kidding. Been to El Paso & San Antonio during August. I don't know how all of you make it through that heat.
Itā€™s a bummer for America that Jeep is now a foreign brand. They try to cover that up, but itā€™s German. They conquered Jeep :(
Yeah. Forgot to mention Diamler-Chrysler.
They went from Chrysler (an American company) -> Diamler-Chrysler (a merger of equals (...not) -> a part of Fiat Automotive Group (American in name only) -> now a part of Stellantis (this happend a couple of months ago).
Sponsored