First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wonder how the Lightning and Maverick rollouts will be affected. Any idea?
Maverick is a Bronco Sport/Escape with a short pickup bed. Made in Mexico on the same assembly line a the Sport and Escape. My Crystal Ball says roll-out will go fairly well.

Lighting is an F-150 with around 4000 lbs of super special batteries and a brand new electric drive train to go with them. I expect issues.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was NOTHING in my post that was assumption and the tiers are exactly how I laid them out. The 22MY Wildtrack could see different colors as far as interior goes but to even think there's a chance of getting it with MGV is absolute delusion. It would make zero sense to put MGV in it when the next model down has it but hey stay in Fantasyland and be prepared to be let down when the 22MY BnP hits.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

August reservation is late that is not early. Two things at play. July reservations and dealer allocations.
Although "late" it is still within the allocation process which was Sept. So I would think "late" in production as well. The point I was agreeing with Kong was 1st res, will it be a '21, even though it is a bit "late"

Sorry for the confusion. I will be quiet and play over here now. 😁

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will MY22 FE be called 2nd Edition or Revised Edition? Asking for a friend.
All FEs will be built in 21MY, so the “MY22 FE” (limited edition trim) will probably be called the Heritage Edition, will come with the Sasquatch package, and will look like the @Bellebracht renders posted elsewhere on this forum. Pure speculation on my part, of course.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re an auditor, right? :unsure:

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Well here in the real world, information is rarely black and white and almost never perfect. Data is typically available in multiple shades of grey, inviting speculation amongst others as an actual method of interpretation, which enables people to read between the lines and make their own decisions despite the admittedly limited data set.

If you want less speculation (or misinformation) — however you want to characterize it — you might be happier participating in a more controlled environment.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All FEs will be built in 21MY, so the “MY22 FE” (limited edition trim) will probably be called the Heritage Edition, will come with the Sasquatch package, and will look like the @Bellebracht renders posted elsewhere on this forum. Pure speculation on my part, of course.
The HE will come as a stock trim and have the Sasquatch package as an option. It also will not be limited in production such as the 7000 limit imposed on the FE. No doubt, Ford will charge a premium. But it won't warrant the top dollar as the FE did. The FE besides the limited availability was originally supposed to be "everything but the kitchen sink" that Ford was offering for MY21 in one rig.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The HE will come as a stock trim and have the Sasquatch package as an option. It also will not be limited in production such as the 7000 limit imposed on the FE. No doubt, Ford will charge a premium. But it won't warrant the top dollar as the FE did. The FE besides the limited availability was originally supposed to be "everything but the kitchen sink" that Ford was offering for MY21 in one rig.
So premium priced, but not limited in number. Will allocations to dealers be limited?

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sure, I am a big believer in perspective changing the quality of life. We have different viewpoints. Let's use a version of the classic glass is half full analogy on optimism;

Ford made many promises, represented by a full glass of water to a thirty person. Turns out Ford over-promised each time, or flat out decided unilaterally to not fill the glass to the top, so the thirsty folks are confronted with a half glass of water and are upset because they held up their part of the deal, paid the deposit, didn't buy a jeep, waited the prescribed time, etc. This is not a perspective dependant event, it is a solid fact. Your position seems to be that it is that it is a net positive thing over all, this half full glass, because Ford sprinkled a few ounces of extra water (bonus promises like sound deadening and Pass Points)

Ford chose, over and over, without exception, to represent a better deal to the consumer than they are currently providing. Another fact, not perspective dependant. They continued and still continue this behavior after being under covid-19 conditions for 18 months, it is not something to which they were unaware, nor that their suppliers had/have problems. While past performance is not a guarantee of future performance, it is most assuredly a strong indicator. I am actually a very optimistic person in life, has made me happy, the reality here is that Ford has conditioned me to flinch when an email arrives or an announcement made, no different than a dog getting kicked over and over.

Does anyone really believe Ford will meet the next set of dates they promised or that the build and price will be up and correct in a timely matter? It is a rhetorical question...but if you had internal doubts just now, then you understand my position. Are they trying to improve the ability to actively clear the orders, sure are and that is fantastic!
I am happy the glass is half full instead of a quarter full, truly, however I am not going to give Ford extra credit for those few extra ounces of Points, price protection, a discount I won't use at a place more than a thousand miles from me, and roof carpet, they are not making up for the half full glass, they are simply making their shortcoming less severe. I am pleased they offered them and it helps, but it doesn't make us whole. There are folks out there, perhaps 10000 or more than have sizable deposits down, are locked into deals and stuck with transportation difficulties because they planned this purchase based on the promise of a full glass and strung along for a few extra months until the fiasco email that said there won't be delivery estimates. Ford chose to make that promise as well, more than a year into pandemic conditions and knowing full well the roofs were FUBAR'd when they made that promise. Putting people on the hook in permanent limbo until their order is pulled. Although as a dealer it probably does look optimistic from their perspective. Perhaps if you were able to separate the optimism in the process from a dealers perspective, your consumers perspective might be a touch different.

We are agreed on one thing at least, perspective is hugely important in the analysis of facts. Different assumptions can lead to vastly different perceptions. One is not necessarily better than another, just different. Although some poor schlub who owns a Mercury Grand Marques with a death rattle in the transmission and a $1000 non refundable deposit down on a Bronco because he believed the timeline promises and who cannot afford to walk away from that money to buy something else to get him to work, might differ on that assesment.
Hard to give someone a glass of water when the glass supplier cant produce the glass.

This vehicle is not a basic right, it's a luxury; if you're unhappy with the way Ford handled the situation, you're free to purchase any vehicle you want.

Ford didn't have to do anything from a customer satisfaction standpoint. With the demand on Bronco, they could easily could have said "tough cookies, deal with it" and still sold out 2021. If you don't like the rewards for waiting, that's ok. I found those rewards to be awesome, I know I'll be using those rewards points towards my tube doors, and I'll be doing the off-rodeo, and taking a friend. To say that Ford is doing nothing to try to make it right is disingenuous.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So premium priced, but not limited in number. Will allocations to dealers be limited?
That I don't know. My guess is that it won't. It will be just another trim not limited in production quantity but only limited to production year(s). Keep in mind the price protection policy that Ford instituted for orders/reservations prior to 3/19/21. It was for only similarly built MY21 Broncos. I fully expect that the price protection won't apply to the HE as there is no comparative build for MY21. I'm also preparing for the HE to not be available for 1Q MY22 builds. I'm not confident that Webasto will have the mod tops ready to go in December.

Sponsored

-=[P@]=-

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger 4.0L, '18 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of this debate about speculations! Nearly 300 posts in 18ish hours. If Ford would official release something official. Not a guarantied date, but some kind of reasonable projection or explanation.
I reserved 4 days in and have what seems to be no chance at all to see a MY21 in my drive way. There is little more speculation available, and a lot of flat out guessing. My order is pushed back and still an "In-Store Order". It would be nice to know if it was an optional accessory that could be dropped and added later, but right now I only can guess!

Unlike the one poster... I'm not punching myself in the nuts, but I do feel gut punched every time I come here lately. :(

Some day I hope you all eat my GRIT! :) I'm sick of asphalt!

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kinda glad I'm socking money away to pay cash for my build. By the time all this shakes out, I'll be ready. I've said all my life i'd not buy a new vehicle in it's first year of production.

As much as I want it, I'm sticking with my resolve.
Same. Been socking away money for a down payment. At this rate I’ll pay cash. Lol

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone's thoughts on this scenario ?? If I have a late allocated res and it gets delayed until after Dec. Then the paint color I have chosen gets changed for the 22's and the color is no longer avail. Will I be forced into choosing a different color ??

or ...........

What will happen if a late res holder, like me, changes his color but I don't. Then mine would be built first before they "changeover" to 22's. This would be if I AM allowed to keep the color THAT I reserved. The paint is not the problem.

I still think I will be late 21, early 22 either way, it just come to me about the possible paint changes what would happen.

Sorry if this has been covered.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking I'm calendar year rather than model year. The top debacle to start bothers me. Let them chase the gremlins I'll pick up after they are mostly ferreted out.

As for value, ya. Totally agree. The 64 1/2 Mustangs barely fetch a higher price even though they are technically all '65s. What do you get? A generator rather than an alternator and some other slapped together, half a$$ed oddities. This isn't Ford's first time with these situations brothers and sisters. 😉
641/2 Ford forgot about having reverse lights, kind of like forgetting the MY21 Bronco brush guard or BO gard (-;
Sponsored