Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
โ€˜19 Raptor, โ€˜21 Macan S, โ€˜22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is anyone else scratching their heads on how something named "First Edition" (limited to 7,000) will potentially not end up being the first 7,000 off the assembly line? Or will they reserve the first 7,000 VINS so all FE will appear to be first editions (although that would not technically be the case)
Just got my email....

To view this email as a webpage, click here
March 25, 2021
Dear Bronco First Edition Owner:

When we thought about bringing Bronco back after 25 years, we couldn't have imagined the enthusiasm this vehicle would generate, and we are truly grateful for the overwhelming response. Add on a global pandemic, and this vehicle launch quickly escalated to one of the biggest challenges we've faced in years. These challenges have resulted in some product changes for your Bronco First Edition, which we want to share with you today. We know this news will be frustrating, and for this we sincerely apologize.
Black Painted Modular Hard Top & Dual Top Roof Update
In October, we told you the black painted modular hard top roof was going to be removed as the standard First Edition roof offering and the price reduced accordingly. At that time, we believed we could still offer this feature as a late-summer availability option for 2021 model year, but we didn't account for the continued effects of COVID-19 on our supplier readiness. Due to challenges our roof supplier is experiencing, the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs will unfortunately not be available until 2022 model year. Your Bronco First Edition will now come with a carbonized gray molded-in-color roof, (you can see a version here) and your price will be adjusted accordingly.
To try to make this right for you, we're providing you an additional 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value), when you take delivery of your new Ford Bronco. You can use the points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more details on availability and ordering of these roof accessories in the coming weeks and can also explain the redemption process. Also, to thank you for your patience, we are providing a complimentary sound deadening headliner. Since this was previously standard on your Bronco, we will reduce your price by $495 MSRP.
While You Wait
We know you want your Bronco. And we want to get you and your Bronco out on the trails as soon as possible. So, in addition to the above actions, we're working diligently with our suppliers and investing millions of additional dollars to build more Broncos with the features you want so that you can take delivery as soon as possible.
While you wait, we're developing exclusive experiences for you, including early access to Bronco Off-Roadeo and we are providing you a $250 voucher to be used at any one of the four Bronco Off-Roadeos - this can be used for experience add-ons, merchandise, or toward the price of bringing a guest and is valid until December 2022. To learn more about Bronco Off-Roadeo, visit www.BroncoOffRoadeo.com - we hope we see you there. Finally, we will be sending exclusive invitations to upcoming events to experience Bronco firsthand.
Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, remain on track to begin deliveries this summer. As a reminder, in May, we will provide you with more information on the estimated delivery timing for your Bronco First Edition and we're committed to keeping you up-to-date through the entire delivery process.
We appreciate your patience and your loyalty, and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to try and make this right.
Order Updates Due April 8
With these product updates, you now have until April 8, 2021 to work with your dealer to confirm any changes to your order. If you have any questions about how these product updates or customer satisfaction offers impact you, please contact your Ford Dealer, the Bronco Customer Care Team at Ford's Marketing Program Headquarters at 800-334-4375 or view our FAQs here.
Mark Grueber
Bronco Marketing Manager
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So wait, with this new 200k Ford points... how many total should I be receiving at pickup?
I think weโ€™re up to something like... 265k or 275k?
Update: Iโ€™m pretty sure itโ€™s 262,000 total.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have until April 8 to change. First edition is also included in that push back if you go black top.
I would be fine if my FE was delayed till 2022
What I read was, since FEs are only MY21, that they can only ship with MIC top, otherwise you can't get an FE. Maybe the additional FordPass points are to help fund the Mod top purchase later.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thinking on this more, this makes me very happy. I get the Heritage edition at 2021 prices. Good on me for ordering a MY22. My white top, green (or Race Red) bodied Bronco is what I wanted to order.
And brace yourself for the possible bad news that has been a debated gray area. Ford has said in the past that orders can be changed up until a VIN is assigned, but they have been clear that orders can not change trims/door count. Many are of the belief that when the MY22 order banks open that all the orders will be reset. But there are a small number that are wary of a complete reset, but rather existing converted orders may only be allowed to add MY22 options available to their respective trim. Only those unconverted reservations may have the choice to select the different trims. So while you are "happy", remember that when you may be locked in to the respective trim on your converted order and not able to choose the HE.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
From Ford's email

When we thought about bringing Bronco back after 25 years, we couldn't have imagined the enthusiasm this vehicle would generate, and we are truly grateful for the overwhelming response. Add on a global pandemic, and this vehicle launch quickly escalated to one of the biggest challenges we've faced in years. These challenges have resulted in some product changes for your Bronco First Edition, which we want to share with you today. We know this news will be frustrating, and for this we sincerely apologize.

In October, we told you the black painted modular hard top roof was going to be removed as the standard First Edition roof offering and the price reduced accordingly. At that time, we believed we could still offer this feature as a late-summer availability option for 2021 model year, but we didn't account for the continued effects of COVID-19 on our supplier readiness. Due to challenges our roof supplier is experiencing, the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs will unfortunately not be available until 2022 model year. Your Bronco First Edition will now come with a carbonized gray molded-in-color roof, (you can see a version here) and your price will be adjusted accordingly.

To try to make this right for you, we're providing you an additional 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value), when you take delivery of your new Ford Bronco. You can use the points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more details on availability and ordering of these roof accessories in the coming weeks and can also explain the redemption process. Also, to thank you for your patience, we are providing a complimentary sound deadening headliner. Since this was previously standard on your Bronco, we will reduce your price by $495 MSRP.

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2017 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"...Currently I have dual tops on order for my 4dr BL Sasquatch with Lux, so all that already pushed me back. But If a change to MIC only at least gets me my ride this calendar year, I'd be happy to do so.

Now if they push me into MY 22 and take Cyber Orange away I will not even go and look at what ever other color they ship here, don't like any of them (and certainly would never buy a green one)."

Sounds exactly like my build...

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco order and delivery journey....
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ—“  Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed 1616705912235

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just wish someone would post their email from Ford, so we could read it verbatim.
While You Wait
We know you want your Bronco. And we want to get you and your Bronco out on the trails as soon as possible. So, in addition to the above actions, we're working diligently with our suppliers and investing millions of additional dollars to build more Broncos with the features you want so that you can take delivery as soon as possible.
While you wait, we're developing exclusive experiences for you, including early access to Bronco Off-Roadeo and we are providing you a $250 voucher to be used at any one of the four Bronco Off-Roadeos - this can be used for experience add-ons, merchandise, or toward the price of bringing a guest and is valid until December 2022. To learn more about Bronco Off-Roadeo, visit www.BroncoOffRoadeo.com - we hope we see you there. Finally, we will be sending exclusive invitations to upcoming events to experience Bronco firsthand.
Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, remain on track to begin deliveries this summer. As a reminder, in May, we will provide you with more information on the estimated delivery timing for your Bronco First Edition and we're committed to keeping you up-to-date through the entire delivery process.
We appreciate your patience and your loyalty, and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to try and make this right.
With these product updates, you now have until April 8, 2021 to work with your dealer to confirm any changes to your order. If you have any questions about how these product updates or customer satisfaction offers impact you, please contact your Ford Dealer, the Bronco Customer Care Team at Ford's Marketing Program Headquarters at 800-334-4375 or view our FAQs here.
Mark Grueber
Bronco Marketing Manager

Colt90

Badlands
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get the appeal of sticking with an early order at this point. Besides the I'M 1ST bragging, what's the appeal?
I used to want the bronco like veruca salt wanted a golden ticket. Now i'm probably going to just wait until you can walk into a dealership and order exactly what i want.
Believe it or not, some people aren't affected by this at all lol. Not sure why they would decide to opt out of the MY21.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand this 8-APR date. Is that "big thing changes"?
That is the date to change from the Mod or Dual top to the MIC top to get in for a MY21. If you miss that deadline you presumably miss the scheduling window for MY21.

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ—“  Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 16.58.40

The FAQ also says that you can still modify your order up until the build is "scheduled" aka VIN assigned.

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ—“  Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 16.57.18

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, so this might have been answered previously, but what if I switch to the MIC top from the Black Mod top, but I have three other commodity constrained options and still get pushed to 2022?

I end up with a top I don't really want AND no $1000?? I'll throw hands.

Are they implying the only thing holding you back from getting a 2021 now is the top alone?
No, but they can't say who is or isn't getting a 21 yet, so they're telling you that with the top you're definately 22, without it you have to wait like the rest of us. If you don't get a 21, You'll reorder for 2022, so you can add the painted top back at that point.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got my email from Ford on this:

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ—“  Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 16.57.18
March 25, 2021
While You Wait
Mark Grueber
Bronco Marketing Manager
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center (CRC)
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
All Rights Reserved.
Follow Ford​

Barf. Couldnโ€™t have imagined the response, โ€œadd to thatโ€ the pandemic.... like the response is to blame for this shit show? 500,000 boring Rav 4s move in a year and 126,000 orders for Broncos is a problem, BEFORE even considering outside issues like pandemic??? Victim!
Sponsored