First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man this sucks balls wtf Ford . can we get body color painted tops now that shadow black has been pushed back ?
Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Official correspondence from Ford:

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)
While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon.

Updated with further correspondence / info:

CONVERSION TO ORDERS:
  • Updating you today on Bronco conversation rate: We have seen 125,000 customers convert their order from the more than 190,000 Bronco 2-door and 4-door reservations in the U.S. and Canada
    • 70 percent higher trim series (Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition, Outer Banks)
    • More than 60 percent + 2.7-liter V6
PRODUCTION CHALLENGES:
  • COVID19 has had an impact to our hardtop roof supplier.
  • The hardtop roof challenges combined with orders of more than 125,000 compounds an already short 2021 model year production schedule and means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual-top roof options will now move into the 2022 model year
  • Customers who currently have the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):
    • Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof
    • Order the black soft top roof; Excludes Wildtrak and 2-door
    • Wait for black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
    • Customers will now have until April 8 to work with your dealer to update/modify their order
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED:
  • We are sending letters today to thank customers affected by the roof change for their patience
COMPENSATION:
  • Ford is providing up to 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value) which they can use to personalize their Bronco through Ford Accessories. (applies to all First Edition and customers who ordered Mod or Dual top roof and switch for 21MY)
  • We are maintaining 2021 model year pricing through the 2022 model year for all order and reservation holders as of March 19 waiting for their Bronco.
  • In addition, 2022 model year customers will have new choices for colors and special editions starting next year
  • In addition, providing waiting customers a $250 voucher for all order holders as of March 19 deadline for early access to any one of four Bronco Off-Roadeos so they can get behind the wheel of a Bronco in the wild.

And some MY2022 UPDATE:

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.32.31 PM.jpg
I'm trying to figure this out. I tried searching the thread for an answer, but I don't see this particular question being asked. I order dual tops (MIC and softop) for my Badlands. I have an October reservation so I was already expecting MY22. It seems like I have 2 options:
  • Switch to a single top option (I'll select MIC) which in theory, makes MY21 possible, but due to volume and a late res, I'm still likely MY22, and get 200,000 Points. Netting this out, I'm likely getting MY22 either way, but if I drop the dual top, I'll get the points. Guessing delivery might be slightly earlier MY22, but MY22 either way.
  • Keep the dual top option, be guaranteed MY22.
Does that sound correct?

Edited to add: Under the first option, I would also get $1100 off my build. I'd have $1100 plus 200,00 passpoints to put toward a softtop later on.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Other items not shown here on the 125K:
27% are 2 doors
18 % are 7sp
50% Sasquatch

Reported by Chris Paukert- Road/Show
Interesting to compare to the B6G Order percentages
37% 2 Doors
15.5% 7sp
48% Sasquatch

The higher 2 door take rate doesn't surprise me. Lots of folks on this forum that don't want any backseat passengers anyway.

I'm guessing the slightly lower B6G 7 speed take rate is because of a higher B6G percentage of models where the 7 speed isn't available (FE, Wildtrak, etc.).

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying to figure this out. I tried searching the thread for an answer, but I don't see this particular question being asked. I order dual tops (MIC and softop) for my Badlands. I have an October reservation so I was already expecting MY22. It seems like I have 2 options:
  • Switch to a single top option (I'll select MIC) which in theory, makes MY21 possible, but due to volume and a late res, I'm still likely MY22, and get 200,000 Points. Netting this out, I'm likely getting MY22 either way, but if I drop the dual top, I'll get the points. Guessing delivery might be slightly earlier MY22, but MY22 either way.
  • Keep the dual top option, be guaranteed MY22.
Does that sound correct?
Except the Ford promise of 200,000 pass points is only given if you take delivery of a 2021 Bronco..

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Right, the WT package was reduced by the full price of the Mod top ($1895) not just the difference when the MIC was made standard... so if you wanted to "upgrade" to the Modular top, that was the price to do it. (Back to what the previous MSRP was when it included the Mod top).

They were basically throwing in the price of the MIC top as both an "I'm sorry" and to try to entice people to stay with it.

That's how I interpret what happened.
No, $1895 is the upgrade price for Mod top over MIC. The new base price still includes the cost of an included MIC. The actual price of a mod top is over $2500.

drbandkgb

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
allterrainnation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco - 2024 Mustang GT performance
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has messed this up so badly... As I say in the video.. You only get so much covid blame before its Ford can not get its ducks in a row

stangsdado

First Edition
First Name
Dado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ordered my First Edition with the dual-top option of MIC and soft top. They have both available but not together? 🤷‍♂️ I'm ok with the MIC. What I want to know is when the soft top might be available as an add on option. It'll probably be a while, but the soft top would just fit onto the FE without any issues, right?
This is my question too

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My decision to convert 2 reservations into orders looks like it'll plan out the way I figured it would since the wife really only wants the white mod top. Order 1 (MY21 4dr BL w/ MIC top) & Order 2 (MY22 4dr BL w/ white mod top). At least that gets in her in a Bronco while she awaits the MY22 delivery.

However, this s**t show continues to provide time for Toyota to roll out/unveil what to expect in the upcoming new 4runner and my wife to change her mind:oops:

Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, guess I’ll head to the dealer tomorrow to change my dual top Badlands to a MIC top order...with the headliner. Gonna make Ford eat that $500 :ROFLMAO: I’ll just order a soft top in 2022 or buy one off this forum eventually. I’d take a soft top initially but then I’d miss out on the hard top wiring.

Not holding my breath that I’ll see this thing in 2021 regardless. I’m sure the chip shortage will delay things further between now and production. Or during production...go Covid

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the point in changing anything? I fully expect any roof choice or interior I order will generate another round of we can't deliver.

Wildtrak orders will swap to BL and as the black grill and mirrors will look like ass without the matching top. Some OBX will follow suit

BL and BD will then run out of MGV and be delayed

Or the packages, or SQ, always be something. Might as well stand pat and wait it out.

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think what a lot of ppl are forgetting (as well as myself) is MOD tops won't just be built in 2022 and laying around for people to purchase from the Parts dept.

You're likely waiting on that top for MONTHS.

So for those who are just saying "I'll buy the top I want in 2022" that's most likely not going to happen.
I'm thinking the same. Probably be close to 2023 before you can buy one. I'll bet they'll be more than $1895 by then also.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, guess I’ll head to the dealer tomorrow to change my dual top Badlands to a MIC top order...with the headliner. Gonna make Ford eat that $500 :ROFLMAO: I’ll just order a soft top in 2022 or buy one off this forum eventually. I’d take a soft top initially but then I’d miss out on the hard top wiring.

Not holding my breath that I’ll see this thing in 2021 regardless. I’m sure the chip shortage will delay things further between now and production. Or during production...go Covid
Still trying to figure out why people say they need to go to the dealership to make order changes? Email or phone doesn't work? Last place I want to visit if I don't have to is a dealership.
Sponsored