bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Need to start a pool on how long it takes before someone not getting a Raptor comes in and bitches about the fenders on a post not at all related to the fenders.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you think they look cool now, just wait until they sit in the sun for a few years. Ford really wimped out by not making the actual fenders wider rather than just the flares but I bet massive fiberglass ones will be out by year's end and they'll look sinister :cool:
The Raptor is really just a "regular" Bronco fitted with aftermarket accessories. That said there are advantages to flares over wide "actual" fenders. Wide fenders are subject to damage and being hit, anyone who has owned a VW Beetle is well ware of this, or any vehicle with fenders that stick out. I have just a regular Bronco, and I think the flares are great for this reason. Mine already had our garbage can rammed into them, no big deal. That said the fenders on the Raptor do look overdone, but isn't that what its all about? The professional reviewers certainly don't seem to care, its getting killer reviews. The Raptor is not for me, but I'm not into that sort of thing. I can see why some like it.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need to start a pool on how long it takes before someone not getting a Raptor comes in and bitches about the fenders on a post not at all related to the fenders.
I don't think we're allowed to say the word "pool" when discussing fender flares.

History

Raptor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What is it with people taking every opportunity to bitch about the looks. I like it so much, waiting for mine to be delivered. It definitely stands out and does not look like every other vehicle on the market. We have a trip planned for the dunes as soon as she arrives. But the first thing I am going to do is shine it up and park it at the mall.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's sort of like the big elephant in the room, that everyone says don't talk about. Its just so there in your face. I'm sure the design looked cool in the B&W pencil sketch at the design round tables. For the same reason, designs never consider front license plates and they all look like afterthoughts too even though 37 states require them.

FWIW, I didn't complain about the fenders. I complained that the fender design team failed to share their drawing files with the mud flap team, who then proceeded to keep the running board team in the dark. Thus creating a sinister quantity of gaps for mud and stones to flail aimlessly at the Bronco Windshield behind them. Not cool.

These will all see major after-market mods and rarely be seen in the wild in the "stock" configuration. Just glad to see them hitting the street.

awall987

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJ, '23 2dr BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ughh...I never thought people would be receiving their Braptor before I even get scheduled. At least most with a Braptor should be very early reservations, so good for them.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And the lucky recipient is?

An influencer. How odd.

But you know commodities will delay your vehicle. Wait, the BRaptors are all highly appointed? I meant, allocations. Oh you live near this influencer's dealership, well, I meant to say FORD just doesn't like you and you are not important. ;)

gerby151

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22Bronco Badlands (Honcho) '09 Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless my dealer tells me the allocated one i have reserved is scheduled to be built before MY23 I am going to pick up my MY22 Badlands (delivery in less than 2 weeks) and be happy! I think for our wants/needs it will be better suited.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wonder if it was a Golden Ticket holder or does that really make a difference? 🤔

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The Raptor is really just a "regular" Bronco fitted with aftermarket accessories. That said there are advantages to flares over wide "actual" fenders. Wide fenders are subject to damage and being hit, anyone who has owned a VW Beetle is well ware of this, or any vehicle with fenders that stick out. I have just a regular Bronco, and I think the flares are great for this reason. Mine already had our garbage can rammed into them, no big deal. That said the fenders on the Raptor do look overdone, but isn't that what its all about? The professional reviewers certainly don't seem to care, its getting killer reviews. The Raptor is not for me, but I'm not into that sort of thing. I can see why some like it.
Yep regular Bronco except for the strut towers, the front axle, the rear axle, the motor, the shocks, the entire rear suspension except for the panhard bar, seats, grill, lights, dash, hi-speed sway bar disco, wheel hubs, brakes, wheels, front & rear quarters etc. - otherwise Identical to a "regular Bronco" Good thing I'm getting it in Code Orange so it won't be mistaken for a regular Bronco then.

Deleted member 32220

I mean, I agree, but they would have had to redo the paint booth at the plant. They chose to slap on these fenders instead of making the body panels wider and redoing the paint booths so they would actually fit.
The fenders would have been painted off the vehicle, in sequence then re-married to the vehicle down the line. Complicates production and takes up line space. There is no technical reason they could not have been color matched other than production efficiency. I expect in a year or 2 they will be on offer for an upcharge just like a rubicon. Depending on how they actually look painted.