Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the flares issue, I personally think while certainly on the ugly side, they will be easily remedied by making them a matte black. I think the shine accentuates the overall shape of them. Paint or wrap in a flat black and they will be much more tolerable, my $.02 of course. And yes, I have one on order, so I'm not part of "the haters". They are very disturbing to look at in an aesthetic sense and with a little more effort could have been much better. But I'm not buying a Bronco Raptor for it's aesthetics.
And a huge congrats to anyone who has theirs headed to the dealer. Wish it would have been me, but alas, here I sit, waiting. :LOL:

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are they using the same hardtops as regular Broncos? I know it's a wider body but is that just the side panels or fender flares?

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Are they using the same hardtops as regular Broncos? I know it's a wider body but is that just the side panels or fender flares?
Yeah, hardtops should be very similar.

Luyi_PR

Badlands
First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, BMW X5 xDrive45e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just received my Raptor tailgate hinges...much beefier than regular Bronco hinges, and tapped for adding a tailgate bracket. I am using an aftermarket bracket and mounting it to the new hinges.
Do you have P/Ns?

Sponsored

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Like everything Raptor it’s tough to say if the top is the same, but I’ve seen nothing indicating it’s different. Probably one of the few things that are the same as other Broncos.

The Raptor “body’ is the same width as other Broncos, but the four quarter panels are different and somewhat bulkier. The rear quarters look to follow typical Bronco width up top before bulging to accommodate the tires/flares.

The B-brace and C-Braces could also come into play, but they both appear to be set low enough not to interfere with hard top.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The B-brace and C-Braces could also come into play, but they both appear to be set low enough not to interfere with hard top.
I thought someone said the hard top was the same, but the soft top would hit because of the added bracing, I can't seem to find the post though.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought someone said the hard top was the same, but the soft top would hit because of the added bracing, I can't seem to find the post though.
Good point. I think I saw something non-definitive that said soft top could have an issue. Think it was potentiallya problem folding back. I was solely focused on the hard top in the posters question

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Good point. I think I saw something non-definitive that said soft top could have an issue. Think it was potentiallya problem folding back. I was solely focused on the hard top in the posters question
I figure we wont know for sure until someone gets one and tries both out.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just received my Raptor tailgate hinges...much beefier than regular Bronco hinges, and tapped for adding a tailgate bracket. I am using an aftermarket bracket and mounting it to the new hinges.
How much did you pay for those hinges and do you thing they would be strong enough to put on a mount for a hi-lift jack?

Sponsored

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yet they couldnt even turn out my MFing base bodel.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They posted a youtube video at the dealership, with the guy from SVT going over it.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was never planning on doing anything to the fenders. I know I said I agree cause painted fenders wouldn't be bad, but yeah, I could care less if they get damaged.

Stewdee55

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you think they look cool now, just wait until they sit in the sun for a few years. Ford really wimped out by not making the actual fenders wider rather than just the flares but I bet massive fiberglass ones will be out by year's end and they'll look sinister :cool:
4 doors and those flares = Fugly to the max. Hope the aftermarket comes up with a solution.
Sponsored