Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

These last 10,000 or so miles have brought additional enthusiasm for the Bronco even if we are still finding little sticking points. Deputy video editor Carlos Lago notes that "the capability-to-comfort ratio is damn near perfect, and it's satisfying to tool around in even when you're simply running errands."

HtYxuqD.jpg

Editor-in-chief Tony Quiroga has been spending some time in the Bronco lately and says, "It is super fun to drive the Bronco. The ride is fairly plush, yet the handling is lively. It's a blast to hustle this big thing, and although I feel guilty about how much I redline it, it's taking it in stride."

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...o-badlands-sasquatch-reliability-maintenance/
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been checking relatively often waiting for their next update. Glad to hear there's nothing notable here to turn them sour on it. No news is good news.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Re: 10K update dealer tire rotation - How effin' stoned does the "tech" have to be to rotate the GY spare into the set of Nokians without missing a beat to even consider "Hmm, one of these things is not like the other things"? Doesn't instill much confidence into having that dealer's service department to do actual service things.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would love to redline the tachometer as often as he does, but my fuel economy would be much lower than 16 MPG.

As for the shifter feel, it can be difficult at first to make quick smooth accurate shifts if you try too hard. But slowing down a little and nudging the shifter into place works best, and smooth and slower actually speeds up your shift time compared to trying too hard and getting sloppy with your shift; you end up hitting 4th when you wanted 2nd.

But slow down and reduce your effort and it clicks into place and feels more like a sports car. Third is good for scooting around town and 4th is good for cruising, but merging and passing in traffic requires dropping down a gear or two. On the hilly streets with non-synced stop lights, when I get on it a little to merge or make a light it drops to 13.7 MPG or so, but it'd be 12 MPG or less if I truly drove it like a sports car and bounced off the redline a lot.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yah the mpg on these things is not good by any means. The numbers in the article are for the 4 banger. I have 2.7 6 and im averaging around 17-18 at best. It's heavy at stock. The wrangler JL 4dr I had before the Bronco was averaging about 22-23 with the 2.0 turbo 4 banger. But thats also allot lighter.

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 2.7 4dr Sasquatch and I get great mileage at 50mph - conveniently the speed on many back highways. But in stop and go and ~70mph freeway with things like ditch lights and roof rack, I’m in that same 16-17 range.

would I like more mpg? Sure. Would I give something up to get it? No.

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice update, I'm glad things are going well, there have been plenty of C&D long-termers that they hated by now. I'm somehow at 20.6mpg with my 2.3/7MT/93oct, and bet that switching to full syn oil, installing a new intake/muffler, a better FMIC, and the FP tune would net a pretty consistent 25mpg+. MPG is all about flow, the easier it is for the engine to breathe the more powerful AND economical it is.

Last edited:

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This review is pretty on point. I've got about 25k on the dot on my 22 non squatch 7 speed badlands. It's been on two off roading trips that were each a week long in CO. It's been a great rig for daily driving, road trips, off roading, and our bad winters.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
" ..even if we are still finding little sticking points. "

These little nuisances just give it a lot of character. It's not boring.
If you translate that from Italian, it says:

"Jeep still buys ads on our site and in print, so we better not go all in."

Sponsored

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mobil 1 EP and premium gas. My 2.7 Base Sas just went over 16,500 today. Since December 8 2022. On the highway it can do 22-23 easy. The very hardest wheeling 15-16. I hammer it a lot! Yes that was me coming home on hwy 101 today, blasting the passing lanes. I pass fast and hard. It's hard for this Oregon native to get to the good places anymore with the roads clogged up with tourists, and people moving here constantly. And it's like a street legal dune buggy/rally car...

I really haven't had any issues. The hill holder error four times. I started putting Quicklime Girl on a battery tender twice a week(usually takes 90 minutes to 100%), and haven't had any more electrical gremlins. I won't let the dealer touch it unless something breaks on warranty. And then I may go to another city! Knock on formica.

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First paragraph mentions the crApple car play issues.... lol drives me nuts on the trails in no wifi zones. Is it really Ford or is this an Apple thing???

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Re: 10K update dealer tire rotation - How effin' stoned does the "tech" have to be to rotate the GY spare into the set of Nokians without missing a beat to even consider "Hmm, one of these things is not like the other things"? Doesn't instill much confidence into having that dealer's service department to do actual service things.
I etched small numbers on my rims. And then put a laminated card with my 5 tire rotation sequence in the glovebox. If I ever have someone else do my rotation, I’ll be able to show how I want it done and then I will be able to validate that it was done correctly.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yah the mpg on these things is not good by any means. The numbers in the article are for the 4 banger. I have 2.7 6 and im averaging around 17-18 at best. It's heavy at stock. The wrangler JL 4dr I had before the Bronco was averaging about 22-23 with the 2.0 turbo 4 banger. But thats also allot lighter.
This. My wife went from 2.0 JLUR to 2.3 4door Badlands. Shes avg 17.325 BUT that is on 35’s not 33’s and im sure the JLUR would have suffered as well on 35’s

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I etched small numbers on my rims. And then put a laminated card with my 5 tire rotation sequence in the glovebox. If I ever have someone else do my rotation, I’ll be able to show how I want it done and then I will be able to validate that it was done correctly.
I just take photos of the red dots on location on each tire (they're all different) in order around the truck and then I check the tires to the photos after. So far so good. I also measured my tread to double check, but I'm just that way, I want to see my wear and tear. I also like to see if I can project the timing of replacing my tires...

I also have a really nice tread gauge from my old job that I need to use somehow.
Sponsored