Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group 9E62F515-59F1-46E8-A0E8-5B8A95FAE0B7
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group 97A1EF93-56E6-4D76-821D-7720A3235B57

Finally happened! Dealer had to clean the excess cleanliness acquired from the climate controlled indoor storage facility.

Kudos to Larry H Miller / Will Shields for honoring price at time of re-order October 2021 without any hint of added fees / ADM.

The manual has surprisingly taller gears in 2H compared to my WRX. Shifter and clutch action are smooth. Handles like yo mama. Flipping the soft top back was so easy.
Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just a heads up if you have the recall there is no getting the vehicle before it is repaired. This is just how it works they are not allowed to sell it to you. If you check with your vin and you have the recall you now have to wait for the repair just like me.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

bad news everyone- i was all set to pick it up tomorrow first thing- financing done, trade appraised, insurance done, etc. and got the call this afternoon from the dealer- recall makes it illegal to sell it to me until it is fixed- they are going to try to redo the windshield tomorrow but if it breaks, which often happens when trying to take out a windshield, they will have to order another which takes 10 days to arrive so now i may be looking more like mid july again unless a miracle happens tomorrow and the windshield repair goes well

evidently this is a law and evidently they did not repair the windshields in our dirt mountain broncos before sending them out so this likely applies to most of us- makes sense- why would there be a part of this process that wasn't a kick in the teeth- i have to say i was going to give ford a second chance once i got my bronco but now at this point i really hate ford and their garbage quality
My question is- is that a state law that it must be repaired before selling it to you? Just curious.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My question is- is that a state law that it must be repaired before selling it to you? Just curious.
Not sure if it’s state or federal but the recall itself is a “stop sale” from ford I was told

Sponsored

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure if it’s state or federal but the recall itself is a “stop sale” from ford I was told
I'm curious if it's a state law, as well. Also, to clarify, you may still be able to take delivery after the repair as long as they don't break the current windshield in the process, correct? It's only the replacement windshield that's on back order?
And since this recall is affecting other models, do they all use the same size windshield, therefore creating even more demand?

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm curious if it's a state law, as well. Also, to clarify, you may still be able to take delivery after the repair as long as they don't break the current windshield in the process, correct? It's only the replacement windshield that's on back order?
And since this recall is affecting other models, do they all use the same size windshield, therefore creating even more demand?
I can’t imagine the bronco shares a windshield with other vehicles but don’t know. Yes we can get our broncos if the repair is successful and they don’t accidentally break the windshield. In that case the only wait would be the wait for their glass guy to do it. You only have to wait longer if they do break it and need the part.

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can’t imagine the bronco shares a windshield with other vehicles but don’t know. Yes we can get our broncos if the repair is successful and they don’t accidentally break the windshield. In that case the only wait would be the wait for their glass guy to do it. You only have to wait longer if they do break it and need the part.
Yeah supposedly even the top pros trying to remove a windshield without breaking it's a 50/50 chance ☠ so if I was some of y'all I would lower expectations . If you think your windshield won't crack odds are it will crack. Windshields are in backorder so don't expect to see your bronco till Halloween ☠ @Ford Motor Company I haven't added you in a message in a while. Don't want to give you the idea I forgot about you . I still hate you dearly 🤗

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My bronco goes under the knife this afternoon- like osky said it’s 50/50. I’ve done some windshields before and broke one or two. Apparently it’s a real pro doing it and dealer is going to call me when she’s out of surgery with the good or bad news. I’m just resigning myself to the idea that it’s going to break and it will hopefully be a couple of weeks to get the windshield and I’ll have her home in a couple of weeks. We’ll see I guess.

BIg B. Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I called my dealer and informed him of the recall. He had to run to a meeting but said he’d check into it. I told him I guess what I’m asking is, can we be prepared for this when my Bronco finally gets here. He said he’d check into getting the part ahead of time and with all this stuff we read online, try not to worry unless Ford contacts you about the recall. Lol, yeah like Ford is going to contact me with some information about my Bronco. I tried to tell him about the website where we plugged our vin in to see if we were part of the recall. I didn’t have a chance to tell him I called customer service. As I said he was late for a meeting. I’m not sure I even want this this thing at this point.
And he was clueless when I mentioned putting a film on my windshield to protect it against chips and cracks! What company does stuff like that?

Last edited:

Sponsored

libtech

Big Bend
First Name
Libo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wife got to pick up the bronc on Monday, looks like we just dodged the recall stop sale
i did the same dodge yesterday. Just checked my Vin and I’m on the hit list. Unless they already fixed it during PDI…

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
So on a happier discussion— I was considering upgrade to 33inch tires on the stock BD wheels. When I saw my rig today I second guessed that thinking stock tires looked good

my wife thinks the stock tires look whimpy and dont fill out the well enough. 33s would help a little but…

Would the ride suffer alot on 35s? I love the Bronco for the smooth ride as compared to a Jeep.

Plus it might be an illusion or the fact the parking lot was sloped a bit but the rake looks bigger than I expected. Should I level?

Im a complete novice on this so all thoughts would be appreciated. I dont ever expect to rock crawl- beach and maybe mudholes/ runs through the woods would be the limit of my off-roading.

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group 97A1EF93-56E6-4D76-821D-7720A3235B57
The optional BD wheels are the best looking ones offered on the Bronco, IMO. Excellent choice. I think the rake may settle in once you get a few miles on it. My 2020 JLU Wrangler had a bad rake when I picked it up, but it seemed to settle after a month or so.

I vote to upgrade to A/T 33s - they'd fill out the wheel wells a little more and you won't sacrifice ride at all - it may be a little better because there's more sidewall to absorb impacts.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just got off the phone with my salesman. We discussed many Bronco topics. He is as frustrated as we all are and let me know a lot of things that I already knew. What he said about the recall is, if it is considered a safety issue, it will have to be taken care of before they can sell it to us. He said it shows mine has been moved from Dirt Mountain and is back at the factory. He does not know if Ford is taking care of the windshield issue or not on my Bronco. Ford does not converse with them either. I asked about the $1,000 customer satisfaction funds. They spent it on "really" nice backpacks for all of the Bronco owners. I need an eye roll about right here :rolleyes:. Who knows, maybe the Maverick trucklett I ordered will show up before my Bronco. Gas is expected to hit $10 in the Fall, I should be able to flip the Maverick for at least 10K over sticker. At least I have a plan.
Sponsored