First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My salesman has been cool.. But the manager has been saying some crazy shit.

He is trying to say that it's a company policy that I finance through them and not my own credit union. That can't be legal.

16217245-6F48-4BBF-8E34-3C23CDF5CEB3.jpeg
Yeah thatā€™s weird. I just spoke to my salesman and told him USAAā€™s 1.89% rate and heā€™s like, ā€œfor sure go with them because we canā€™t get anywhere near thatā€. I mean the finance people will always do ā€œthe pitchā€ but we donā€™t HAVE to go with them. Last time I went with Ford was when they ran a 0% Apr. Aww those were the days
Sponsored

t_hak06

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2015 Explorer, 2017 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The date on the bottom of my window sticker has now updated to 11/4. I'm really not liking where this is going...
Mine also just switched from 10/28 to 11/04. What does this mean? I had mods pop on 10/29 with a ETA of 11/11. ETA is still 11/11 on pizza tracker.

Sponsored

bokirby

Big Bend
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 435i Xdrive
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dealer just texted some pictures, Bronco is here! 7/15 reservation holder! Will pick up soon, good luck to everyone who is still waiting!
4 door badlands Sasquatch soft top

blee875

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Superduty, 21 RoadGlide, and many moreā€¦
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My salesman has been cool.. But the manager has been saying some crazy shit.

He is trying to say that it's a company policy that I finance through them and not my own credit union. That can't be legal.

16217245-6F48-4BBF-8E34-3C23CDF5CEB3.jpeg
They get a kick back from setting up financing so they will push like hell to get you to go through them. Always walk in with a preapproval. Iā€™m doing that myself even though they hopefully beat my credit union.

2A_Actuary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8 Spyder, Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They get a kick back from setting up financing so they will push like hell to get you to go through them. Always walk in with a preapproval. Iā€™m doing that myself even though they hopefully beat my credit union.
Indeed. When I bought my F-150 earlier this year, I was financing $10k in order to qualify for a $1k rebate. The 'finance guy' didn't like that I was paying a rather large down payment to get the net amount to exactly $10k. He asked that I don't put anything down and just start making jumbo payments. I told him I wasn't going to pay a higher interest burden (e.g. monthly carry) just so they could make a larger kickback. He looked at me straight in the eyes and said "oh, it doesn't work like that". He didn't like my response when I said - it absolutely does work like that.

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealership rep cracks me up. Iā€™m so glad heā€™s not like a lot of the reps others are having to deal with. I messaged him this morning to let him know my Bronco was in route and to see if thereā€™s anything we can do before arrival and to ensure there wouldnā€™t be any ADM. this was his replyā€¦.lll

BFB774A2-FC61-4A39-B89F-F75DC109D92F.png

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine also just switched from 10/28 to 11/04. What does this mean? I had mods pop on 10/29 with a ETA of 11/11. ETA is still 11/11 on pizza tracker.
Yes basically in the same boat, with an ETA of 11/10. I don't know what it means, but I don't like it because I doubt it's a good thing.

blee875

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Superduty, 21 RoadGlide, and many moreā€¦
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Indeed. When I bought my F-150 earlier this year, I was financing $10k in order to qualify for a $1k rebate. The 'finance guy' didn't like that I was paying a rather large down payment to get the net amount to exactly $10k. He asked that I don't put anything down and just start making jumbo payments. I told him I wasn't going to pay a higher interest burden (e.g. monthly carry) just so they could make a larger kickback. He looked at me straight in the eyes and said "oh, it doesn't work like that". He didn't like my response when I said - it absolutely does work like that.
I went in one time to a dealership without pre-approval. Left with the truck and a week later they financed me through wichovia I think it was called for 17% apr. By the time I refinanced it cost me about 1000

Pharmsc

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealership rep cracks me up. Iā€™m so glad heā€™s not like a lot of the reps others are having to deal with. I messaged him this morning to let him know my Bronco was in route and to see if thereā€™s anything we can do before arrival and to ensure there wouldnā€™t be any ADM. this was his replyā€¦.lll

Ford Bronco šŸ›  10/25/21 Build Week Group BFB774A2-FC61-4A39-B89F-F75DC109D92F
My dealership did the same. When I asked him if there was an ADM he replied ā€œwell of course there isā€ and then said he was just messing with me.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealership did the same. When I asked him if there was an ADM he replied ā€œwell of course there isā€ and then said he was just messing with me.
I'm too afraid to ask that question right now.

I'm going with the ignorance is bliss move. Don't want to burst this bubble until I absolutely have to. hahaha.

Nor do I want to give him any ideas...

Like I said before, not terribly worried. But it's definitely hanging over all our heads.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm too afraid to ask that question right now.

I'm going with the ignorance is bliss move. Don't want to burst this bubble until I absolutely have to. hahaha.

Nor do I want to give him any ideas...

Like I said before, not terribly worried. But it's definitely hanging over all our heads.
Before I ended up with a garage full of un-returnable accessories I wanted to verify

another age old military saying, ā€œTrust but verifyā€
Sponsored