Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI, I'm done.

I ordered a used 2021 Tesla Model Y long range with 7,346 miles this past Friday. This vehicle already has the full self driving package.

Guess what? Tesla called me today (the next day!) giving me EXACT details of where it's at (Texas) and how long it'll take to get here (2 weeks).

He asked if I had any questions and he was very adamant that before I take official delivery to go over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb because they have very high standards for their used vehicles. If I see anything odd and it's not within their tolerances they'll address it. Like if the total amount of scratches on one panel total more than an inch, they'll buff out that panel etc.

Even after accepting delivery I have 100 miles or 24 hours to report anything I find.

He told me it was a 1 owner lease and the original owner was given an offer to turn it in early for a profit (since the car market is nuts right now).

Honestly, Ford could learn some lessons here about customer service.

To be honest with myself the model Y is probably a better fit for me. Absolutely love tech and secretly always wanted a vehicle that drives itself.

It's bitter sweet though. I did plan on legit taking my Bronco offroad and getting into that lifestyle. But realistically, that was only going to be a few times per year at most.

You have no idea how much better I'm sleeping right now. My anxiety is now 0.

My 2006 4Runner with 192k is up for inspection at the end of this month and I'm not dumping more money into it.

4Runner was fantastic. Best vehicle I've ever owned but it's time.

Now I know. I'll have a new, safe, cool, fun, reliable vehicle.

Later all. It's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun.

I wish you all the best!

Screenshot_20220513-123012_Gmail.jpg
Sponsored

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI, I'm done.

I ordered a used 2021 Tesla Model Y long range with 7,346 miles this past Friday. This vehicle already has the full self driving package.

Guess what? Tesla called me today (the next day!) giving me EXACT details of where it's at (Texas) and how long it'll take to get here (2 weeks).

He asked if I had any questions and he was very adamant that before I take official delivery to go over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb because they have very high standards for their used vehicles. If I see anything odd and it's not within their tolerances they'll address it. Like if the total amount of scratches on one panel total more than an inch, they'll buff out that panel etc.

Even after accepting delivery I have 100 miles or 24 hours to report anything I find.

He told me it was a 1 owner lease and the original owner was given an offer to turn it in early for a profit (since the car market is nuts right now).

To be honest with myself the model Y is probably a better fit for me. Absolutely love tech and secretly always wanted a vehicle that drives itself.

It's bitter sweet though. I did plan on legit taking my Bronco offroad and getting into that lifestyle. But realistically, that was only going to be a few times per year at most.

My 2006 4Runner with 192k is up for inspection at the end of this month and I'm not dumping more money into it.

I wish you all the best!

Ford Bronco 🛠 12/20/21 Build Week Group Screenshot_20220514-213753_Twitter
Congrats! Love the model Y.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI, I'm done.

I wish you all the best!

Now I'm on Tesla's website building a Model Y.....

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I'm on Tesla's website building a Model Y.....
My only issue with building a new Y is I legit can't wait. My current vehicle needs to be replaced.

The page for the used model Ys is nuts. If you see something you like today, hit buy.

It probably won't be there tomorrow. There was this SWEET red one, it was 2020 with 14k miles but it was the performance version (0-60 in 3.5s) and it also had the towing package. This is what made me apply for financing.

Next day I got approved at a great rate, went to buy it and she was gone :(

I looked during my lunch break and this particular 2021 popped up with only 7k miles. I never spent $2500 so fast in my life.

($500 deposit, $2000 transport fee).

Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI, I'm done.

I wish you all the best!

Sorry to see you go Dave. I'm sure you will enjoy the Tesla. I repaired the spreadsheet and moved you to the bottom. Be sure to hit us up if you change your mind.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just repaired the spreadsheet, it was messed up a bit from a user input with a different build week. If you need to move things around, please let me know. We're down to one Bronco that needs to come home soon! Hang in there @broncoSJ

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just repaired the spreadsheet, it was messed up a bit from a user input with a different build week. If you need to move things around, please let me know. We're down to one Bronco that needs to come home soon! Hang in there @broncoSJ
Still waiting…..

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even though I moved on, I got an email saying they expected to be delivered by 6/9/2022 yet the status was still "awaiting shipment".

Looked today and surprise surprise the EDD moved. Again. Like it does every week.

I will keep this group updated on if or when it does actually arrive.

Such a joke. So glad I am not stressing about this BS anymore.

Attachments

Sponsored

Sigma1180

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Mitsubishi Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond