🛠 12/6/21 Build Week Group

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SPEAKER UPGRADE:
While the wait was happening I bought new speakers to replace the factory dash, rear and kick panels based on all the complaints about the base stereo speakers. After taking delivery of my Big Bend, I didn't think the speakers were all that bad at low and normal volumes. But when you turn it up past mid way they sounded worse...no clean depth or clear highs from the dash speakers, rear speakers did not seem to project far and sounded shallow and hollow. So I went ahead and replaced the dash and rear speakers with Kenwood 4" 2-way speakers, with foam speaker baffles to fill in the open space within the speaker enclosure areas. This made an overall improvement. The dash speakers now sound great at any volume, they have incredible highs and some depth also. The rear speakers still don't have much depth due to factory base blockers (I assume) but they do have better projection and are clear sounding. I decided to leave in the factory kick panel speakers. They are actually decent looking non-paper speakers with a good punchy sound to them. Now everything sounded very good. Though I did want some more/deeper bass, so I added a Kicker powered sub in the rear. I tapped into the lead speaker wires from the kick panel speakers to serve as the high level inputs to the powered sub. Now the entire sound system is great at all volumes.
Sub pics?
Sponsored

One Deplorable

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and a Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope. Not working again. Actually in a way that I've never seen before - and that's saying something! It will (mostly) bring up the screen where it wants order number and vin, but those numbers aren't auto-filled like usual and it won't let me click on the boxes to fill them in myself. I'm not sure why I even bother. 🤦‍♀️

Of course, I will bother. Probably 20 more times today. Glutton for punishment or eternally optimistic? Don't judge me.
It's that way for pretty much everyone.
You still haven't got your bronco from the 12/6 build week?!
I'm in the 1/24 week. Some have got their Broncos or are being shipped. I have not.

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

things have gotten quiet here, this sucks.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

things have gotten quiet here, this sucks.
I believe that when something happens, folks will chime in. Now that more than half the folks that we are tracking have taken delivery and are (hopefully) enjoying their Bronco - they don't want to make the rest of us waiting feel bad. I think we've kind of resolved ourselves to the fact that Ford is just holding us up - and, like they have mostly been so far, not being terribly clear on why exactly that is happening.

I encourage folks to please let us know when something happens. When nothing is happening, it will just be quiet (sadly). At some point, there will be a flurry of activity again.

In the meantime, we can all just wait and dream of the day when we join our colleagues on the trails.

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

or maybe the complaining has moved to the ice mountain threads! I do feel like I was saw my vehicle in the last video in the lot! so that's good.

Sponsored

bluford

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sub pics?
The sub I installed is just a truck type angled enclosure box with powered sub: Kicker PT250 10" subwoofer with built in 100 watt amp. Purchased at Walmart for $199.00. A picture of it isn't anything special in my Bronco, just sits in the back behind the seats.

Ohenry

Big Bend
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First time with the top down Saturday.

(That is my wife's T Bird and my WR450f KTM I am rebuilding carb)

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
lol.. Thought I would share
I got my shipped email this morning for the Hybrid Maverick I ordered 8/12/21... Ford in Mexico is getting the job done :rolleyes:

PeneBear

Outer Banks
First Name
Edith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's that way for pretty much everyone.
You still haven't got your bronco from the 12/6 build week?!
I'm in the 1/24 week. Some have got their Broncos or are being shipped. I have not.
I'm also a 12/6/21 blend date and build week with no ride, no email built or shipped emails.

arewethereyet

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe that when something happens, folks will chime in. Now that more than half the folks that we are tracking have taken delivery and are (hopefully) enjoying their Bronco - they don't want to make the rest of us waiting feel bad. I think we've kind of resolved ourselves to the fact that Ford is just holding us up - and, like they have mostly been so far, not being terribly clear on why exactly that is happening.

I encourage folks to please let us know when something happens. When nothing is happening, it will just be quiet (sadly). At some point, there will be a flurry of activity again.

In the meantime, we can all just wait and dream of the day when we join our colleagues on the trails.
This is true. I recently got mine, but didn't post it because I didn't think it would add much to the conversation, but I will say it will happen and it is worth the wait if you don't have a pressing need for transportation.

Sponsored

Jgtln

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope. Not working again. Actually in a way that I've never seen before - and that's saying something! It will (mostly) bring up the screen where it wants order number and vin, but those numbers aren't auto-filled like usual and it won't let me click on the boxes to fill them in myself. I'm not sure why I even bother. 🤦‍♀️

Of course, I will bother. Probably 20 more times today. Glutton for punishment or eternally optimistic? Don't judge me.
I am in the same boat. Gluttons for sure.

broncobex

Wildtrak
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since things have been quiet, I thought I'd share my "Waiting for my Bronco" playlist. It's in no particular order except that Tom Petty is first. Tom Petty is always first. Some make sense from beginning to end and some it's just the title. Maybe it's a little depressing (a lot?), but I've gotta pass the time somehow! And to be fair, the "My Bronco is HERE" playlist is way more upbeat. And still starts with Tom Petty.

Anyone have any for me to add???

“The Waiting” by Tom Petty
“I Know You’re Out There Somewhere” by The Moody Blues
“Patience” by Guns N Roses
“Waiting in Vain” by Bob Marley
“Another Horsedreamer’s Blues” by Counting Crows
“I Can’t Get Next to You” by The Temptations
“Ballad of the Absent Mare” by Leonard Cohen
“Jealousy” by Natalie Merchant
“Wild Horses” by The Rolling Stones
“Sitting, Waiting, Wishing” by Jack Johnson
“Let that Pony Run” by Pam Tillis
“Tired of Waiting for You” by The Kinks
“Waiting on You” by Weezer
“The Horse Nobody Could Ride” by Joey + Rory

Oh, and the tracker is back up. Not that I checked... :sneaky:

BlackKatniss

Black Diamond
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco, 2021 Ford Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since things have been quiet, I thought I'd share my "Waiting for my Bronco" playlist. It's in no particular order except that Tom Petty is first. Tom Petty is always first. Some make sense from beginning to end and some it's just the title. Maybe it's a little depressing (a lot?), but I've gotta pass the time somehow! And to be fair, the "My Bronco is HERE" playlist is way more upbeat. And still starts with Tom Petty.

Anyone have any for me to add???

“The Waiting” by Tom Petty
“I Know You’re Out There Somewhere” by The Moody Blues
“Patience” by Guns N Roses
“Waiting in Vain” by Bob Marley
“Another Horsedreamer’s Blues” by Counting Crows
“I Can’t Get Next to You” by The Temptations
“Ballad of the Absent Mare” by Leonard Cohen
“Jealousy” by Natalie Merchant
“Wild Horses” by The Rolling Stones
“Sitting, Waiting, Wishing” by Jack Johnson
“Let that Pony Run” by Pam Tillis