Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi All,

New to the forum. We recently picked up a '21 BD off the lot and this appears to be my build group. Nice to meet everyone...I've got a lot of reading to catch up on.
Congrats on the Bronco - hope you have lots of opportunity to enjoy it, so...
Welcome to the Party...

Questions for you:
- Was your Window Sticker Blue (Retail) or Green (Special Order)?
- Did you get a 4DR? Soft Top?, Tow?, 2.7?, Sasquatch? Color?
- How much over MSRP did you end up paying (if you don't mind sharing)?

You see, many of us have had our Bronco on order (reserved) for nearly 600 days now (and in production for nearly 90 days so far), so you can imagine our disbelief that someone can walk in, get a Bronco they want and not pay a premium for it - while we wait and wait with no information from Ford on WHY we are being held up.

It would be a comfort to know if yours was a special order that someone abandoned. We also would like to know what makes yours unique (able to be built) compared to those we are waiting for. We are universally happy that you were able to 'join the family' - as long as SOMEONE is getting Broncos, but having more info makes waiting easier. Hope you understand.

ChanceA51BD

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats on the Bronco - hope you have lots of opportunity to enjoy it, so...
Welcome to the Party...

Questions for you:
- Was your Window Sticker Blue (Retail) or Green (Special Order)?
- Did you get a 4DR? Soft Top?, Tow?, 2.7?, Sasquatch? Color?
- How much over MSRP did you end up paying (if you don't mind sharing)?

You see, many of us have had our Bronco on order (reserved) for nearly 600 days now (and in production for nearly 90 days so far), so you can imagine our disbelief that someone can walk in, get a Bronco they want and not pay a premium for it - while we wait and wait with no information from Ford on WHY we are being held up.

It would be a comfort to know if yours was a special order that someone abandoned. We also would like to know what makes yours unique (able to be built) compared to those we are waiting for. We are universally happy that you were able to 'join the family' - as long as SOMEONE is getting Broncos, but having more info makes waiting easier. Hope you understand.
Thanks for the reply and questions, and I'm happy to share when asked. I know so many of you are still waiting so I don't want to come across as insensitive. Here's our story:

We've been following along from the sidelines for quite a while. We weren't sure we wanted a Bronco. In January 2022, we went to a dealer that had two demos for test drives, a Big Bend and a Wildtrak. The Big Bend happened to be at the Houston Auto show, so we drove the Wildtrak. We were pretty happy with its on-road manners as compared to the Jeeps we'd test-driven. We've inched closer to ordering one. We wanted a Big Bend, 2.7, Mid Package. We didn't know what color but knew the best chance of getting one quicker was to order it as a soft top.

A few days later the dealer calls and they're going to sell their Big Bend demo. It had the 2.3, was red, and didn't have the mid-package. We passed.

A few weeks go by and he calls again on Feb 16. Someone who ordered one didn't want it anymore, that they had gotten one from somewhere else. To me, it sounded like someone with multiple orders. It was a green sticker, '21 4 Door Black Diamond 2.7L, Mid Pkg, Tow Pkg, Soft Top in Area 51. It had everything we wanted but I wasn't too excited since we hadn't talked price yet.

This dealership and salesmen, with whom we had zero relationships, had all the rights to charge whatever ADM they wanted at that point. When they told us they'd sell it for MSRP, we moved and moved quickly, hence the username. Right time, right place. They even beat CarMax on the trade-in value. They earned my business for life and will probably order a '23 F350 when those order banks open up.

FYI, the blend date was 12/9.

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was interested in finding out how many days some of us have been stuck 'In Production', so I added a column to the Spreadsheet to track the number of days since our Blend Date (typically when we were started).

For those showing 'Built', if you want to go back and enter the number of days between your Blend Date and the Date you were told it was Built, feel free to change that value in Column S.
(optionally)
If you want the sheet to count the days, replace 'Built' with '=Days("12/15/21","12/6/21")'
where 12/15/21 is the official 'Built' date
and 12/6/21 is your Blend Date

I kept the Sticker Order column, but moved it to the end of the row.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the reply and questions, and I'm happy to share when asked. I know so many of you are still waiting so I don't want to come across as insensitive. Here's our story:

We've been following along from the sidelines for quite a while. We weren't sure we wanted a Bronco. In January 2022, we went to a dealer that had two demos for test drives, a Big Bend and a Wildtrak. The Big Bend happened to be at the Houston Auto show, so we drove the Wildtrak. We were pretty happy with its on-road manners as compared to the Jeeps we'd test-driven. We've inched closer to ordering one. We wanted a Big Bend, 2.7, Mid Package. We didn't know what color but knew the best chance of getting one quicker was to order it as a soft top.

A few days later the dealer calls and they're going to sell their Big Bend demo. It had the 2.3, was red, and didn't have the mid-package. We passed.

A few weeks go by and he calls again on Feb 16. Someone who ordered one didn't want it anymore, that they had gotten one from somewhere else. To me, it sounded like someone with multiple orders. It was a green sticker, '21 4 Door Black Diamond 2.7L, Mid Pkg, Tow Pkg, Soft Top in Area 51. It had everything we wanted but I wasn't too excited since we hadn't talked price yet.

This dealership and salesmen, with whom we had zero relationships, had all the rights to charge whatever ADM they wanted at that point. When they told us they'd sell it for MSRP, we moved and moved quickly, hence the username. Right time, right place. They even beat CarMax on the trade-in value. They earned my business for life and will probably order a '23 F350 when those order banks open up.

FYI, the blend date was 12/9.
Thanks for sharing. Believe me, it's a relief to hear that it was an abandoned SPECIAL ORDER. At this point in time, it's not surprising that people are bailing on their orders. It's a LOT to ask people to wait as long as some of us. Again, congrats on the Bronco - have fun and enjoy (if not for yourself, then for the rest of us stuck in the "In Production" purgatory).

rossb

Wildtrak
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang, F100, Cobra, Model A, 26Speedster
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To give hope to everyone that lost their EDD as I did earlier this week, I just received a shipped email from Ford. Supposed to arrive by the end of the month. Now I'll have to dig through this thread to find out how to track by rail...

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To give hope to everyone that lost their EDD as I did earlier this week, I just received a shipped email from Ford. Supposed to arrive by the end of the month. Now I'll have to dig through this thread to find out how to track by rail...
I suppose there's hope after all. My build is SO close to yours - only 2 orders for 2Drs between mine and yours and I'm the next 2Dr WT! on our tracking sheet. I will be hammering the Shop.Ford.Com web site now all weekend looking for good news.

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suppose there's hope after all. My build is SO close to yours - only 2 orders for 2Drs between mine and yours and I'm the next 2Dr WT! on our tracking sheet. I will be hammering the Shop.Ford.Com web site now all weekend looking for good news.
I count 4 ordered 2D that haven't yet shipped between you. I'm one of them. Crickets from my dealer. But I did call Ford last week and for what its worth I was told that mine is not on a chip hold, it's just waiting for shipment and should still be here as scheduled before 3/10. And I still don't believe them.

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I count 4 ordered 2D that haven't yet shipped between you. I'm one of them. Crickets from my dealer. But I did call Ford last week and for what its worth I was told that mine is not on a chip hold, it's just waiting for shipment and should still be here as scheduled before 3/10. And I still don't believe them.
Yeah, I was looking at those not yet 'Built', but there are 4 still waiting to be 'Shipped'. You never know, maybe a couple of those have ghosted us and/or given up. We could very well be NEXT! (I'm the eternal optimist.)

rossb

Wildtrak
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also- I never received a built email, just shipped...

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thaywoody

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Added my reservation date to the spreadsheet, saw it was missing.

rossb

Wildtrak
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak