Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys,

Haven't posted to this thread, but I am part of the 4/25 build week (HPR Wildtrack, LUX, leather) ... 4/26 blend date, sat around "in production" until 6/17... waited until the end of July to get shipped...

I am in SF Bay Area and part of what appears to be the unlucky group whose Bronco was sent via the northern route to "avoid" the embargo... yeah sure... it's now been sitting in Portland since 8/2 with a second bounced ETA of 8/16-23 and no sign of it going anywhere...

Rail tracking doesn't work anymore as the car number is empty and moved on...

In essence we went from stuck at MAP "awaiting shipping" to stuck in Portland ostensibly "in transit" but in fact back to "awaiting shipping"

The incredible clusterfuck continues and takes on a new twist.

Dave
Sorry to hear that Dave.
Sponsored

Yii-Haw

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango / 66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny you should ask. I called Ford Cust. Svc. to double-check my railcar #, and to ask if what I heard from salesperson & internet about embargo on automobile shipping to California. Verified my railcar # is good. Embargo was a bad word for basically a 'logjam' with commodities being shipped by rail to southern California - which ended the end of July.
I called the CSX Transportation 800 # and my railcar # departed 'East Barstow, CA' at 3ish today. checked the map for BNSF in Barstow (driven through Barstow so many times I knew this) and their railyard is on the map. So, it left Barstow at around 3pm today. I assume it travels down the Hwy 15 corridor, down the Cajon Pass, etc. Just not sure how many stops it has to make so the rail cars can be separated and re-mated for more localized delivery of portions of the train to the various location serviced by this train. I have no idea how that all works but I'm estimating it arrives in San Diego yard (under the Coronado Bridge) by Monday. "Fingers crossed" it doesn't take weeks to get 35 miles from SD Port to Carlsbad dealer.....
Well we Landed in Mira Loma today. Looks like this is the end of the train ride. I wonder how long for a Convoy now...

c_hack

Black Diamond
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It really did show up!!! And we LOVE it!!
Ford Bronco 🛠 4/25/22 Build Week Group 20220813_152611
Love the black and white. That’s such a good look. Congrats on making it to the finish line!

Sponsored

c_hack

Black Diamond
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally here!

Ford Bronco 🛠 4/25/22 Build Week Group 20220813_152611
Love the green! I need to stop looking at these because it’s only making me second guess my color with each new post 😂

Yii-Haw

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like my vehicle was unloaded off the train yesterday. Got a notice that my vehicle activation was declined. Last time this happened was the day before I was notified it shipped. 100 miles to the dealership and then 80 miles back to my place. Feel like I am now in a turtle race against Seahund!

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like my vehicle was unloaded off the train yesterday. Got a notice that my vehicle activation was declined. Last time this happened was the day before I was notified it shipped. 100 miles to the dealership and then 80 miles back to my place. Feel like I am now in a turtle race against Seahund!
Nice! Yesterday the dealership reached out to me to complete their financing credit check authorization. I also confirmed no ADM, MSRP only. My salesperson said, "You are not going to be paying any more for your Bronco than you agreed to on your signed order. :) I also confirmed, as per an email I sent 5-6 weeks ago - don't add anything to the truck (tint i' windows, underbody protection, 'special gas' in the tires), and: don't remove any seat covers, stickers, etc. unless it needs to be removed to complete Post Delivery Inspection (PDI) - as this is my first and most likely only new vehicle I'll ever purchase and I want to 'unwrap' my Bronco like it's a Christmas Present. I've heard stories of dealer add on's - claiming they're 'standard' dealer business, and Window Stickers, etc. disappearing.... I want ALL. It's going to part of the vehicles' history. I have every document, email, factory production timeline and I want every sticker for my binder. ;)

wbrownie

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, GT500, GT350R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well....after a few hiccups I finally took delivery last Friday in Huntsville AL. Big Bend 2dr/SAS/Mid/2.7. Drove up to Nashville, installed the trailer hitch then embarked on a 1,300 mile road trip to our cottage in Maine.

I was apprehensive about the comfort driving about 19 hours over two days but was pleasantly surprised. The ride is actually quite comfortable. A bit noisy from the tires, etc but that was totally expected. Averaged just at 70mph over the 1300 miles and got 19.7mpg. Decent for sure.

Uneventful trip except for the rock that hit the windshield just under the driver side wiper. Started as a small crack but has grown to requiring a replacement of the windshield. Scheduled for Saturday.

My timeline for reference:
Reservation 7/14/20
First order 1/25/21
Cancelled first order 10/21/21
Place second order 1/21/22
Production week 4/25/22
Production complete and shipped 7/19/22
Arrived at Dealer 8/9/22
In my possession 8/19/22
Ford Bronco 🛠 4/25/22 Build Week Group IMG_0757
Ford Bronco 🛠 4/25/22 Build Week Group IMG_0763
Ford Bronco 🛠 4/25/22 Build Week Group IMG_0764
Ford Bronco 🛠 4/25/22 Build Week Group IMG_0761

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well....after a few hiccups I finally took delivery last Friday in Huntsville AL. Big Bend 2dr/SAS/Mid/2.7. Drove up to Nashville, installed the trailer hitch then embarked on a 1,300 mile road trip to our cottage in Maine.

I was apprehensive about the comfort driving about 19 hours over two days but was pleasantly surprised. The ride is actually quite comfortable. A bit noisy from the tires, etc but that was totally expected. Averaged just at 70mph over the 1300 miles and got 19.7mpg. Decent for sure.

Uneventful trip except for the rock that hit the windshield just under the driver side wiper. Started as a small crack but has grown to requiring a replacement of the windshield. Scheduled for Saturday.

My timeline for reference:
Reservation 7/14/20
First order 1/25/21
Cancelled first order 10/21/21
Place second order 1/21/22
Production week 4/25/22
Production complete and shipped 7/19/22
Arrived at Dealer 8/9/22
In my possession 8/19/22
Congratulations! 19.7 with the 2.7 & SAS, that's a surprise. What was the dealer 10 days for?

Sponsored

wbrownie

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, GT500, GT350R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Congratulations! 19.7 with the 2.7 & SAS, that's a surprise. What was the dealer 10 days for?
There are some very small scratches inside the passenger door sill. Literally two about a quarter inch. Credit to the dealers QC process that found them and then referred to the body shop for repair. Ultimately the body shop is so backed up they could not give an ETA. I took delivery with the written understanding that they were responsible to fix in the future. They were good about it but it took a few days to iron out.

Frankly it's so minor I will probably just touch it up myself.

Lynnbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Lynnett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Town country van
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took possession of this beauty today! Tallahassee Ford Lincoln Mercury honored MSRP without me saying a word! My salesman Jonathan Vickers and Mr. Ryan were great and she is definitely beautiful!!
Ford Bronco 🛠 4/25/22 Build Week Group PXL_20220822_233642979

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took possession of this beauty today! Tallahassee Ford Lincoln Mercury honored MSRP without me saying a word! My salesman Jonathan Vickers and Mr. Ryan were great and she is definitely beautiful!!
Ford Bronco 🛠 4/25/22 Build Week Group PXL_20220822_233642979
Congratulations Lynnbronco! All the cool Outerbanks plushness w/Sasquatch tech & capability! Nice :)

Yii-Haw

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Yesterday the dealership reached out to me to complete their financing credit check authorization. I also confirmed no ADM, MSRP only. My salesperson said, "You are not going to be paying any more for your Bronco than you agreed to on your signed order. :) I also confirmed, as per an email I sent 5-6 weeks ago - don't add anything to the truck (tint i' windows, underbody protection, 'special gas' in the tires), and: don't remove any seat covers, stickers, etc. unless it needs to be removed to complete Post Delivery Inspection (PDI) - as this is my first and most likely only new vehicle I'll ever purchase and I want to 'unwrap' my Bronco like it's a Christmas Present. I've heard stories of dealer add on's - claiming they're 'standard' dealer business, and Window Stickers, etc. disappearing.... I want ALL. It's going to part of the vehicles' history. I have every document, email, factory production timeline and I want every sticker for my binder. ;)
Anything new from your dealer? I havent heard if it left the train yard yet. Dealer said sometimes in comes same week, sometimes it takes a month. I am hopeful its not the latter.
Sponsored