Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just spoke with Ford Chat today (5/3) and they said Microchip hold for me. So still seems like a mixed bag of reasons we've been put on hold.

New ETA is 5/13. (previously 5/5)
I just got off chat and it is the same for me. Chip hold. Estimated end date is 5/13. :(
Sponsored

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had an ASN and frieght ID since the start of our build week and still on chip hold. Don't want to dash your hopes but not sure if there's a correlation. I'm going by rail though
Interesting. I have no hopes of anything, since I was told chip hold pretty early on, comparatively. I'm really expecting a similar path to the Jan build weeks that got held up, which means Aug/Sept/Oct.

FSUMcFly

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. I have no hopes of anything, since I was told chip hold pretty early on, comparatively. I'm really expecting a similar path to the Jan build weeks that got held up, which means Aug/Sept/Oct.
I'm with you, I figure as they get closer to the end of Q2 they'll be trying to get as many of these produced trucks to dealers to help save some revenue losses on the next earnings call.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plant hold.
BL, high, soft top, capable bumper. High & Lux seem to be the common feature for posters with this hold. 5/13 expected to be moved to, “awaiting shipment” which I assume will take a billion years.

Indy Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They should really stop telling folks these unrealistic ETA's. I was hyped when they first told me 4/21. Somewhat optimistic when they told me 4/28. Now I have zero hope that I'll see it on 5/13. They should just be telling everyone that they can't give an ETA but they'll let us know when it ships. That would eliminate a lot of the negative feelings regarding this process. And for those keeping score at home - we're now just 2 shy from 600 on the "HOLD" list. Ugh.

Sponsored

Mattsn

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The whole thing is infuriating. Ford should be absolutely embarrassed. Jeeps are looking better and better everytime I drive by a jeep dealer. Which is everyday

GABronco11

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco was a 1/31/22 build date. Original EDD was 3/7/22. It showed 3/7/22 until April 10th then it was changed to 4/30/22. Checked on it last week and was informed it was on chip hold and new EDD is 5/13/22. Meanwhile it's built, sitting in the elements deteriorating... not good.

Indy Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Bronco was a 1/31/22 build date. Original EDD was 3/7/22. It showed 3/7/22 until April 10th then it was changed to 4/30/22. Checked on it last week and was informed it was on chip hold and new EDD is 5/13/22. Meanwhile it's built, sitting in the elements deteriorating... not good.
Man that's awful. I would be beyond frustrated. Worse yet, there is zero recourse...other than refusing to buy it when it does finally show up.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I firmly believe that what's happened with y'all in January is a blueprint for us. If anything, though, it shows that my Aug/Sep/Oct timeframe may be too optimistic.

Mattsn

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same as mine. It's built and just sitting there. Wasting away..

My wife ordered this bronco not just because she likes them but because she actually needs a new car. We were told up to 12 weeks. We ordered it Dec 20th. So we're way past 12 weeks. If we knew it was going to go down like this, if there was a possibility it would just sit, in a lot, for weeks after being built, no telling when it will ship. We would have never done this.

Sponsored

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same as mine. It's built and just sitting there. Wasting away..

My wife ordered this bronco not just because she likes them but because she actually needs a new car. We were told up to 12 weeks. We ordered it Dec 20th. So we're way past 12 weeks. If we knew it was going to go down like this, if there was a possibility it would just sit, in a lot, for weeks after being built, no telling when it will ship. We would have never done this.
That is definitely a horrible estimate from your dealer. Granted, I ordered in October, but they told me 6-8 months when I ordered. At that time, I even thought that was optimistic.

CBalazs

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't see you on the google tracking doc. What was your original build date, actual build date?

Awesome that you got your email!
ordered November
4/4 original 4/8 build
Badlands, 2door, 2.3 ,manual, eruption green sas lux high mod bumper

Mattsn

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is definitely a horrible estimate from your dealer. Granted, I ordered in October, but they told me 6-8 months when I ordered. At that time, I even thought that was optimistic.
Yeah you're right. But I still don't blame the dealer. This is all on Ford

FSUMcFly

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To think this was in the 200 range durimg our build week...

Screenshot_20220503-141201_Chrome.jpg

mgraced

Outer Banks
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree with the rants about communication and unrealistic dates and expectations. I have a hard time buying into "sitting in a lot deteriorating" rant. It's frustrating for sure but think about the last car you bought. Do you have any idea how long it sat on the dealer's lot, manufacturing lot, in my case on a ship across the North Atlantic, in a port??? I mean did you track your previous car to see how long it sat somewhere?
Sponsored