Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did yours go to shipped status or show picked or paired yet?
It showed picked when I made that post, but it now shows Paired. It’s been picked for last two weeks.
Sponsored

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But I just think it makes no sense that some have been sitting waiting for parts while others that were produced last week with seemingly similar setups get shipped.
This. I expected a wait for the Bronco when I ordered. What I didn't expect was it to get "produced", to use Ford's terminology, but not "built", then get parked for who knows how long. I would be less annoyed if I was still waiting to be scheduled.

I get that it's all about keeping the line going. But for those impacted, that's little solace when their vehicle is now parked for an unknown length of time, while folks built 2 months later have 10k miles on theirs. (speaking in terms of prior months that are on chip hold, which is the situation I fully expect that us 4/5-4/6 "chip hold" folks will be in.)

I'm not as frustrated as some that I don't have my Bronco yet. But like thousands of Bronco supply chain victims before us, that doesn't mean I need to be thrilled with the fact the thousands of Broncos produced after ours are in the hands of their owners. No grief or ill will at all towards those owners (except the ones that are "Wow! Look how fast mine was delivered! I don't get why everyone says it would take so long!" Those people can go pound sand.).

Vert530

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is a terrible way to treat a customer. I was a fortunate 4/4 blend to 4/6 build and received my Bronco, but it is unforgivable that people in the same build week are still waiting on their trucks with no ETA. Honestly, it is worth the wait, but I would be livid if I was still waiting. Ford really needs to improve their customer focus and communication if they want brand loyalty.

Hang in there, JD helps!
Lucky!! I am 3/16 blend and its been stuck in production..

BluDore

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the way the auto industry works (all brands), keeping the line running is the first priority, fixing already built comes after. It's been this way as long as I've been in the dealership.

What's frustrating right now is shipping. We are having nightmares with slow ship times. Broncos have been fairly normal, but Bronco Sports and Mavericks ship from a different ramp (and carrier) and 1 month is the average ship time AFTER they get off the rail (they're only a 4 hours drive away), Explorers might be as bad, got one coming over 3 weeks awaiting shipping, with no movement. This really scares me, with the low production numbers, we can't get them shipped, what happens if production goes back to normal?
Serious question- how are the dealerships making money if they don’t have inventory for sale? At what point do the dealerships start making more noise about the issue- or is it that they’re so dependent on the manufacturer they have to sit on their hands and wait for whatever they get?

Rev314159

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This really scares me, with the low production numbers, we can't get them shipped, what happens if production goes back to normal?
I wonder about this also. With it this bad now, I'd hate to order a car when the chip situation gets just 50% better, let alone 100% better. Maybe they consider moving deliveries in-house. It would be a logistical nightmare to solve, but this situation could be disastrous if left unchecked.

Sponsored

JScheier

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr Wildtrak, '11 BMW M3, '96 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Serious question- how are the dealerships making money if they don’t have inventory for sale? At what point do the dealerships start making more noise about the issue- or is it that they’re so dependent on the manufacturer they have to sit on their hands and wait for whatever they get?
They are making what money they can on what is available to them:
  • Adding ADM everywhere
  • Totally overpaying at auction houses for cars
  • If you go to the dealership, most are bare-bones staff wise
  • Majority of the sales staff are gone
  • Lots of dealers have significantly cut back on service staff and hours as well
My sister-in-law works for Daimler in SC. One of the perks of working there is that all full-time employees can lease any MB model at a significant discount. They keep the car for 2 years and (can't remember how many) miles. At the end, they return it to Daimler and those get resold on the MB lots, many becoming CPO or sent to auction. MB recalled all of those employee lease cars not that long ago so they could have inventory on dealer lots. Left my brother scrambling to find two cars to replace those with (I think they ended up with 2 Mazda CX somethings as that was all they could find / afford).

The dealers are managing to survive, but I question what happens when normal returns and all those cars they bought at auction for 2X their value need to be sold. Same with people taking out loans on new cars with all the ADM added in, or the 'Covid Tax' that many paid on used cars. As an example, my 2017 F250 SuperDuty sold for $3k more than I paid for it in 2017 (had low miles, clean). The guy that financed it now owns a 4 year depreciated vehicle that was sold for over original cost. How is that gonna turn out in 2-3 years?

JScheier

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What's frustrating right now is shipping. We are having nightmares with slow ship times... what happens if production goes back to normal?
Ya'll saw that Walmart is now $100k for their truck drivers, right? You'll see the lower cost trucking companies start losing drivers to offers like Walmart. So they will have to up their salaries to keep drivers, which in turn increases the cost of that transportation, which in turn increases the cost to the end user. Not to mention that most of the trucking industry is aging out. New kids graduating HS don't want to be truck drivers...no glory in that. Lets run up $300k in student loans for a sociology degree.

Heck, I've thought about 'retiring' and getting my CDL back. $100k a year and see the country :) I'll deliver your damn Bronco!

mgraced

Outer Banks
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At what point does Ford make money with all the units left undelivered? That worries me as a shareholder!

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya'll saw that Walmart is now $100k for their truck drivers, right? You'll see the lower cost trucking companies start losing drivers to offers like Walmart. So they will have to up their salaries to keep drivers, which in turn increases the cost of that transportation, which in turn increases the cost to the end user. Not to mention that most of the trucking industry is aging out. New kids graduating HS don't want to be truck drivers...no glory in that. Lets run up $300k in student loans for a sociology degree.

Heck, I've thought about 'retiring' and getting my CDL back. $100k a year and see the country :) I'll deliver your damn Bronco!
Wow, hadn't seen that, usually the auto transport drivers (hauling new cars for automakers, independents hauling used cars work for nothing) are the highest paid drivers due to the value of their freight. But this article makes me think it may not be as much above as it used to.

My oldest graduates high school this year and he hurried to get his CDL before the requirements changed in February, looking like a smarter move all the time.

Rougaroux

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m pretty close to telling Ford to go fuck themselves honestly. I’ll buy a Jeep Wrangler for my wife instead and then trade in my F-150 for top dollar and get a Gladiator just to spite them at this point. This is the most bullshit way of doing business I’ve ever encountered.

Sponsored

mgraced

Outer Banks
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m pretty close to telling Ford to go fuck themselves honestly. I’ll buy a Jeep Wrangler for my wife instead and then trade in my F-150 for top dollar and get a Gladiator just to spite them at this point. This is the most bullshit way of doing business I’ve ever encountered.
I’m not there yet but as I hold a boatload of Ford stock, it does make me concerned on how they are running things.

JScheier

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow, hadn't seen that, usually the auto transport drivers (hauling new cars for automakers, independents hauling used cars work for nothing) are the highest paid drivers due to the value of their freight. But this article makes me think it may not be as much above as it used to.
Walmart driver pay increase. Was mistaken... up to $110k for first year drivers. Avg is $87.5k. They don't even touch the load. Back up, get loaded, drive to destination, back up, get unloaded.

Rougaroux

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not there yet but as I hold a boatload of Ford stock, it does make me concerned on how they are running things.
You should be concerned, and so should Ford. If this goes down like it’s feeling it may, I’ll never buy Ford again; and I doubt I’ll be alone.

mgraced

Outer Banks
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You should be concerned, and so should Ford. If this goes down like it’s feeling it may, I’ll never buy Ford again; and I doubt I’ll be alone.
I have never bought a Ford car although I drove my dads Bronco in college. I’ve driven German cars for the last 20yrs. I really really wanted to buy American. But I have to say…not impressed with what is happening. I loved the process of reserving and ordering directly but now I’m disappointed.