rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
With the way the new bronco interiors are, it wouldn't be good in rain or snow.

Hell, I would be happy with a simpler canvas piece that could replace the two panels over the front seats. Something that doesn't look like a U-haul truck that didn't make it under an overpass.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the way the new bronco interiors are, it wouldn't be good in rain or snow.

Hell, I would be happy with a simpler canvas piece that could replace the two panels over the front seats. Something that doesn't look like a U-haul truck that didn't make it under an overpass.
Marine vinyl? That's kind of the point of offering it isn't it? Leather I can see being an issue sure.

They would have to offer a bulk head like offered on the 66-72' half cabs to attach the bottom of the back of the soft top onto.

GoobertownDaddy

Base
First Name
Murphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2004 JEEP WRANGLER, 2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Broncobabe221

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Juke
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Marine vinyl? That's kind of the point of offering it isn't it? Leather I can see being an issue sure.

They would have to offer a bulk head like offered on the 66-72' half cabs to attach the bottom of the back of the soft top onto.
The back of the back seats is still carpet no matter the seat material from what owners are saying

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The back of the back seats is still carpet no matter the seat material from what owners are saying
Very well could be, I'm not sure I even looked at the seat backs, and I didn't sit the back seat ever.

OP
OP

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I was either thinking of removal of back seat, or maybe a tonneau cover over rear section.
I used marine grade vinyl that just snaps to the floor, with outdoor speakers I can remove and put inside (if/when). The main reason I did it was to build it around a Bimini. Not even sure you can do a true Bimini in the new one's, but I guess someone will make a modular enough soft top.

BACK%20PANEL.jpg

I did since add a vinyl rear seat and truck box. I also made a marine grade vinyl cover for seat when it's folded down. Guess all this stuff is a lot easier in a truck designed in the 60's and the floor rhino-lined. :)

DCP05365.jpg

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably about 5 years after i pay it off. Once the interior plastic starts to break. Then if the mood still strikes me I will pull the plastic. Cut back the entrusions, tuck the wiring or eliminate it. Then fab up some diamond plate bolt in panels the smooth and box it all out. I will have a 4 door so I will have to come up with a seat solution that folds it flat and fills it to the front seatbacks. Then make a bolt in bulkhead. Next get an old top and cut it up to mate with the front roof panels. Remove the lift glass and fit a slider window in its place. Then you got something that all you have to do to go from midsized pickup to 4 door suv is switch tops and unbolt a bulkhead. I have thought of doing this to an Eagle one day. Here is some inspiration. Its only metal, fab it!
Ford Bronco 1/2 cab soft top download (11)
Ford Bronco 1/2 cab soft top download (12)

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You would think Bestop would make something. I think out of all the vendors I am disappointed with them the most. They had the earliest trucks available to work with and they have made three things. A crappy top that does’t fold all the way back like the jeep does, a bimini top that flaps around all over the place, and a flip top. Cant even find the canvas top they were suppose to make on their site. I really expected a full line up from them.

Sponsored
OP
OP

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably about 5 years after i pay it off. Once the interior plastic starts to break. Then if the mood still strikes me I will pull the plastic. Cut back the entrusions, tuck the wiring or eliminate it. Then fab up some diamond plate bolt in panels the smooth and box it all out. I will have a 4 door so I will have to come up with a seat solution that folds it flat and fills it to the front seatbacks. Then make a bolt in bulkhead. Next get an old top and cut it up to mate with the front roof panels. Remove the lift glass and fit a slider window in its place. Then you got something that all you have to do to go from midsized pickup to 4 door suv is switch tops and unbolt a bulkhead. I have thought of doing this to an Eagle one day. Here is some inspiration. Its only metal, fab it!
I've had 5 Eagle wagons and somehow this never crossed my mind. It kind of works!

I'm almost finished with my half cab.
I'm loving how you're not playing around on this. Please keep the pics coming in your other thread.
Sponsored