Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 2 Door Rubicon, '22 BMW S1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone heard of any additional 2 door soft top options in the pipeline?

Nothing against Bestop, I love their soft top on my Rubi but the 2 door option on the Bronco is not it. I can get past the ugly slant, but the installation is cumbersome for those that like to swap between hard and soft depending on the season but the biggest offender to many is the top not folding back completely.

If there isn't a 2 door soft top solution inbound, has anyone found a stop gap that keeps driver and front passenger dry if you were out and it started raining (aside from a rain jacket :p)?

Maybe need to just wait until this hits the Chinese market this year? Thanks all!
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
Alpha

Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only alternative I've seen is the Rampage soft top for our 2 doors. Still slant top and a different take on the front fold but not fully retractable.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nco-installed-first-impressions-photos.73730/

There's canvas and mesh sun shades out there for when the hard top is off which would help some but aren't weather tight.
Thank you!

For folks finding this thread in this situation, I am looking into the Sunrider with the back hard top removed. I reached out to @Bikeric since he posted a pic of this setup to see how it's working out since the Bestop doesn't support the setup as well as inquiring if he had any pics with the Sunrider open to get a feel for the looks.

I ran my Jeeps with just the freedom tops and no rear and it kept me mostly dry when coming to work when I didn't have my soft top installed. Hoping this solution works but happy for any other folks may share!

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally love the slant back. I agree it is not the top for you if you want to swap out with the hardtop with seasonal changes. Mine is a permanent install here in FL. My hardtop is in the archives for some future owner.

OP
OP
Alpha

Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally love the slant back. I agree it is not the top for you if you want to swap out with the hardtop with seasonal changes. Mine is a permanent install here in FL. My hardtop is in the archives for some future owner.
Over the winter I left my soft top on my Jeep but I do appreciate how easy and fast it is to remove if you want to throw the hard top back on.

The slant back isn't preferred for my taste but it's hard to get past that and that it doesn't fold all the way back like the 4 door. I fully own not having seen one in person. It's entirely possible it's one of those things that looks much better in person than in pics including the top being open. Weather is starting to get nice here so I'll keep my eyes peeled. I bet that Soft top has save you a TON in Florida!

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately the 2-door soft top options are lacking. I read elsewhere in this forum that the Rampage top is no longer available. So that leaves the more expensive slant back non-fully folding Bestop as the only option.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I keep the windows in back which is a viable full time option for me as it’s just me and my bride 99% of the time. My back seats are folded. I just run like this. The twill bestop is a quality roof. Very easy to quickly install windows once you get the hang of it. I don’t mind that it “only” folds to the top of the cage. To each their own.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Soft Top Options IMG_9829

Iamthedan1989

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really liked the look of the rampage. As others have mentioned, I really want a full fold option. I don't like that the bestop just kinda hangs out on top of the roll bar.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, I keep the windows in back which is a viable full time option for me as it’s just me and my bride 99% of the time. My back seats are folded. I just run like this. The twill bestop is a quality roof. Very easy to quickly install windows once you get the hang of it. I don’t mind that it “only” folds to the top of the cage. To each their own.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Soft Top Options IMG_9829
I like it- perfect for the extra hot FL sun. Shade and air flow. I don't like AC so I run with the windows down, except for the highway. I barely even take the T Tops off when it is full sun. Only early morning or later in the evening when the sun is not overhead. I might have ticked off this option if it came from the factory over the hard top. But too costly for me to change, I'll stick with the hard top.

jimmy31974

Wildtrak
First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FORD BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco 2 Door Soft Top Options IMG_2613
Ford Bronco 2 Door Soft Top Options IMG_2612
I I have a factory 2dr bronco top still in the box if interested. I only use the hard top so it's never been opened. Located in Lake Zurich, IL

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

IMG_9829.png
A sticking point for me regarding the top fold location, is that in good weather I like the top down, and also tend to lug stuff around on top (kayaks, canoe, lumber, etc). I'd have to figure a way to facilitate both, maybe some carriers that sit higher up above the folded top.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Soft Top Options FoldedTo
Ford Bronco 2 Door Soft Top Options BroncoKayakRack_sm_sm

Last edited:

jimmy31974

Wildtrak
First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FORD BRONCO
Your Bronco Model