Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ooooh, Tommy likey.

Does that have a good mechanism for locking the bikes to it?

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Will a bike fit on the inner tray? Any clearance issues with pedals and the spare tire on the inner tray? I'm still waiting for my Bronco, but I have a factory Ford hitch, 1up hitch extender, and 1up bike rack in the garage and I'm not positive it will work well. I have a few backup ideas if it doesn't work.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is good to know. Been wanting someone to make a hitch that extends out so you don’t need an extender with a bike rack. I have a 1up as well guess I am ordering that hitch.

Sponsored

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the tag still blocked? I got pulled over not too long ago in GA. I was hoping lower left tag would be visible. I have the 1up solution but will block camera even more.

Ford Bronco 1 Up Bike Rack w/Etrailer hitch BF5C1671-D78E-4119-864E-23011070E4AD

Ford Bronco 1 Up Bike Rack w/Etrailer hitch 76A48F69-7E30-4059-8EC5-55CDA8C80F6F

Used heavy duty Velcro for tool less swap and bolted cover to look bolted on. Actually harder to pull off quickly or quietly.

Last edited:

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ooooh, Tommy likey.

Does that have a good mechanism for locking the bikes to it?
Yes. The steel bars that encompass the wheels have holes drilled in them. The diameter of the holes exactly fits an old fashioned bicycle lock. Or if you look on 1Up’s web site, they have locks that fit through the holes. Here’s what it looks like.
Ford Bronco 1 Up Bike Rack w/Etrailer hitch 795AAA34-89DC-47F4-B781-060BE545CE5D

OP
OP
Shallow Drifter

Shallow Drifter

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
Shallow Drifter

Shallow Drifter

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the tag still blocked? I got pulled over not too long ago in GA. I was hoping lower left tag would be visible. I have the 1up solution but will block camera even more.

Ford Bronco 1 Up Bike Rack w/Etrailer hitch 795AAA34-89DC-47F4-B781-060BE545CE5D

Used heavy duty Velcro for tool less swap and bolted cover to look bolted on. Actually harder to pull off quickly or quietly.
Yeah. the tag is blocked.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The newer versions have a built-in locking system. Mine is an older and I use the "pin" lock system.

https://www.1up-usa.com/product-category/security/
I just use a cable and padlock from around the hitch to both bikes. I was concerned about the pin lock damaging a spoke if I forgot to remove it before trying to release the bike.

I couldn’t live with the stick out on that hitch. Every time the rear gate is open to load or unload something I would be hitting my shins. If using the truck on trails if would be an anchor on descents.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I couldn’t live with the stick out on that hitch. Every time the rear gate is open to load or unload something I would be hitting my shins. If using the truck on trails if would be an anchor on descents.
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. I was excited to see this thread because I've been looking at bike racks, and I really want to step up to 1Up. I need to add an aftermarket hitch. Do they all stick out this far? I'd much rather have the hitch flush with the bumper and use an extension.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an expensive solution from 1up with a nice swing gate feature for access. Looks like it may raise enough tag but will block camera more. I’m used to a mostly blocked back-up camera. I don’t use them anyway unless hooking up a trailer or backing up to a wall.

I'm ordering stock tow package but I’ll play with what works.

https://www.1up-usa.com/product/rakattach/

ou812545

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E60 M5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The newer versions have a built-in locking system. Mine is an older and I use the "pin" lock system.

https://www.1up-usa.com/product-category/security/
I saw you post on the etrailer reviews. Great setup.

Are you able to open the tailgate if you set the rack to the lower tilt position?

I called 1Up today and they sell Reverse Side Plates the lowers the high point of the rack to help with tailgate opening clearance. If it doesn't clear as is.
Ford Bronco 1 Up Bike Rack w/Etrailer hitch 1up reverse dimensions

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 1 up and a hitch extender from my JK along with the factory hitch mount. I just barely couldn't get the rack to fold. I need to play with it a bit. I think if I insert the hitch perhaps 1/2" shallower and tighten, it should work better.
I didn't actually think of putting bike on inside tray or take this pic for these purposes, will work on it and post more this weekend.
Ford Bronco 1 Up Bike Rack w/Etrailer hitch 1638354797879
Sponsored