Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What does that mean? My dealer doesn’t tell me anything but I am same blend/production dates as you. Are we the new ice mountain that will wait months?
That is a good question. What I am confused by is my dealer provided me an update last week and provided me a screen shot of the rail delivery date which should be 12/4. Now, he is telling me it never made it on the rail and is on hold with a stop sale. He did say he was getting ahold of someone to find out more. I did some research and it seems in the past a stop sale was associated with a recall or faulty part. That is all I know for now. Frustrating to say the least.

JoeyVyko

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Mercury Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is a good question. What I am confused by is my dealer provided me an update last week and provided me a screen shot of the rail delivery date which should be 12/4. Now, he is telling me it never made it on the rail and is on hold with a stop sale. He did say he was getting ahold of someone to find out more. I did some research and it seems in the past a stop sale was associated with a recall or faulty part. That is all I know for now. Frustrating to say the least.
So essentially it's a "you never should have sent it on the train." situation?

JoeyVyko

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Mercury Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What does that mean? My dealer doesn’t tell me anything but I am same blend/production dates as you. Are we the new ice mountain that will wait months?
Starting to feel like it, we're only a few days from a month after built. Which is really grinding my gears since I took a vacation back north to be able to pick it up. Everyone can blame me, my birthday was on the 4th and I thought I was getting a really cool present.

EternallyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edelbrock Subaru BRZ, '22 Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Correct, a stop sale is due to a currently unfixable recall. I'm confused though why your car was chosen as a stop sale, yet mine has zero holds on it as of this afternoon and will be arriving 12/6... What options did you choose? 2.7 liter?

Sponsored

Bimjoker

Black Diamond
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper s & Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you show "built" on the Ford Tracker and have a shipping date/arrival window with chat reporting a chip hold, I wouldn't trust it. My dealer and chat said my truck is released for shipping but still says a note regarding chip hold. I think they forgot to remove that note after it was fully built.
Mine still says in production but when I talk to the lady on Ford chat live she told me that the bronco is totally built. They were just waiting on the chip.

EternallyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edelbrock Subaru BRZ, '22 Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine still says in production but when I talk to the lady on Ford chat live she told me that the bronco is totally built. They were just waiting on the chip.
Yours will switch to "built" on the Ford tracker once it gets a chip. Mine did on Monday and then the chip hold dropped off my account today and is released for shipment. Keep checking in with them and hopefully it's finished up quickly!

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you tell us about your Bronco? Trim level, doors, roof, engine, trans? I’ve seen 2 threads build some traction recently that would make me think there could be an incoming recall; 1) manual transmission noise when cold. 2) hairline cracks near the rear windows on the mod top.

The only other thing I think a stop sale could
come from is damaged in transport. Fingers crossed for you.

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Side note:

I also got my assembly line photo today. Two days after delivery!

EC90A534-E986-4696-B884-519DC1E6969F.jpeg

Already best pals with my SD.

D72A4733-AC92-4582-8059-803B1AD428D0.jpeg

After having it a couple days, I can see why some people complain about the stereo it’s little weak on depth of bass, but totally passing.

7MT with the 2.3 is pretty good, all the power is is 1-3. It’s no slouch, but I’m confident my F250 could gap it, but this is still way more fun to drive. My 7MT is a little noisy when cold, sounds a bit like some of the noise complaints I have seen. Fingers crossed it does not get worse and ford has a TSB soon. Averaging 21+ mixed City/highway.

Last edited:

Doccruz1

Wildtrak
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well Ford chats says a 12/25 or later ETA, Nothing like getting a 2022 in 2023. Rates going up and trade be a year older thanks Ford

Sponsored

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fords a little behind. Trucks in Albany NY as of the 26th....but got my baby picture today

Screenshot_20221201_180844.jpg
Gotta be one of the last COs built

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fords a little behind. Trucks in Albany NY as of the 26th....but got my baby picture today

Ford Bronco 10/31/2022 build week group Screenshot_20221201_180844
Interesting you already have the roof rack on. That's usually done after it's off the line. My build has the roofrack but my baby pic did not:
Ford Bronco 10/31/2022 build week group image

MikeWz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotta be one of the last COs built
Yeah! I was pretty excited to get that email knowing CO was still available. Though I'm a week 1 rez anyway, I like to think Ford prioritized some CO builds knowing that it would be gone for the following model year even though that's not likely the case 😀

MikeWz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting you already have the roof rack on. That's usually done after it's off the line. My build has the roofrack but my baby pic did not:
Ford Bronco 10/31/2022 build week group image
That is strange, I wonder why they're on for mine on the line. So happy this seemingly endless saga is coming close to a close now though!
Sponsored