First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traverse and Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Blend date 11/9, still in production today 11/18. Anyone similar? Just wondering if there is any way to figure out why? Cheers!
Yep, I’m a 11/9 blend date and it still shows in production. It’s built and I found out from someone that works for Ford it’s a TCU chip hold. Chatted with Ford yesterday and they say mine should arrive at the dealership on 11/25. I would say that’s a little optimistic unless Ford has the chips back in supply. We’ll see.
Sponsored

scottsil

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, I’m a 11/9 blend date and it still shows in production. It’s built and I found out from someone that works for Ford it’s a TCU chip hold. Chatted with Ford yesterday and they say mine should arrive at the dealership on 11/25. I would say that’s a little optimistic unless Ford has the chips back in supply. We’ll see.
what’s a TCU chip for?

Mudd

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Transmission Control Unit?

Where the builds going out all manuals?
Well that's interesting. Mine's a manual and I'm showing shipped, even though the EDD is not until 8 - 14 Dec

WilVis

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I confirmed with Ford chat my base build is on chip hold at the plant. ETA is now 12/15 or later.

I’m curious if when chips arrive if priority will be given to assembly line new builds, such as 2023s. Not sure if accounting reasons or otherwise incentivize new builds moving off the line.

Sponsored

PMD526

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 corvette, 2020 c-class
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Checked the tracker this morning and showing “built”. Hopefully ships soon!

Ford Bronco 11/7/22 Build Week w/ Spreadsheet 2F7832A3-6444-47B3-A167-4C99FAF5EA90

Checked the tracker this morning and showing

Brak101

Badlands
First Name
Brak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s promising news that at least some of the units on Chip Hold are being moved along! I’m still in “in production” purgatory, but this gives me hope!

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Checked the tracker this morning and showing “built”. Hopefully ships soon!

2F7832A3-6444-47B3-A167-4C99FAF5EA90.png

Checked the tracker this morning and showing
awesome. Good to see some movement.

wyo007

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s promising news that at least some of the units on Chip Hold are being moved along! I’m still in “in production” purgatory, but this gives me hope!
How many are still in a chip hold for this week? I'm in 11/14 and there are 4 with confirmed chip holds (me included) and another 2-4 that are still "in production".

Sponsored

MizzouBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Base
Checked with chat today, they won't use the word "chip hold" and still are saying delivered to the dealer 12/2-12/8....

PMD526

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So interestingly enough, I just spoke with chat and they told me there is still a “microchip hold“ attached to my order but the vehicle has been released from the plant to a carrier. I tried to clarify how that would be the case if the tracker is showing built and awaiting shipment and she basically said the car would be shipped but would not have all the features, she wasn’t able to tell me specifically which features.

Wgchrs

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX, '17 Flex, '15 Mazda3, '97 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So interestingly enough, I just spoke with chat and they told me there is still a “microchip hold“ attached to my order but the vehicle has been released from the plant to a carrier. I tried to clarify how that would be the case if the tracker is showing built and awaiting shipment and she basically said the car would be shipped but would not have all the features, she wasn’t able to tell me specifically which features.

That's crazy! So what, it sits at the dealer or do you take delivery and return to put the chip(s) in? I just loaded chat, will ask about mine as well. 11/09 blend date, still says "In Production"

Wgchrs

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX, '17 Flex, '15 Mazda3, '97 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got off chat with Ford:

I am showing your vehicle is in production and showing it is waiting for the microchip at the plant on hold. I show an estimated delivery date of December 2, 2022. With your VIN and order code, you can start tracking your vehicle order at: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking
Please reach out to your selling dealership if you would like to request further details.

PMD526

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's crazy! So what, it sits at the dealer or do you take delivery and return to put the chip(s) in? I just loaded chat, will ask about mine as well. 11/09 blend date, still says "In Production"
Yeah so I just texted the sales manager at my dealership and he said he’s seen it happen with some of the ford explorers recently where they’ll ship without the chip for like rear climate controls and then the car has to be brought in later. But he wasn’t aware of anything like that with Broncos just yet. We’ll see I guess. If its something minor like that I’d rather just get the car then have it delayed more.
Sponsored