Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nicely done. I suspect this was found somewhere, but where was it confirmed that the Badlands wheels are 17x8? I haven't been able to find written specs on the actual wheel size. 8.5 or 9" is more common isn't it?
This is directly from Form.com. Didn’t see it posted in this thread.

No official specs on backspacing yet.

Ford Bronco 12/13 UPDATE - Updated control arms not just for Sasquatch 33s fitting OBX - 33.2x11.2 (275/70r18) close to max size after Ranger testing 27309E29-D8F2-4F7A-B4EA-AA5368D4B964
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol who cares about cup holders?
Um, OBVIOUSLY I CARE ABOUT COFFEE. What kind of freaking barbarian doesn't care if their best coffee tumbler fits in their new vehicle? This is how Rome was defeated. Bless your heart.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Gosh- I wish that chart had backspacing info!
Yup that’s one of my source docs.
This is directly from Form.com. Didn’t see it posted in this thread.

No official specs on backspacing yet.

27309E29-D8F2-4F7A-B4EA-AA5368D4B964.png
Sure they will. Why would you make that up? Even Tire Rack does it if you bring it in new, driving it right to the store. Dealers do it some to, but lots of shops will do it. The tires are worth a lot as take offs.
I called 6 tire shops within 20 miles. Everyone said no. My dealer and three other dealers said no. Two auto body shops I got quotes from to paint parts and do a lift said no value. It’s a liability. But that’s by me.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which 275/70/18 tires will you use? On tire rack there is no tire in that size that is SL or C load range. E load range will be absolutely terrible for on road driving.
Except the APT but it‘s not a very agressive looking tire.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Which 275/70/18 tires will you use? On tire rack there is no tire in that size that is SL or C load range. E load range will be absolutely terrible for on road driving.
Except the APT but it‘s not a very agressive looking tire.
Same as badlands but sized slightly differently.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup that’s one of my source docs.

I called 6 tire shops within 20 miles. Everyone said no. My dealer and three other dealers said no. Two auto body shops I got quotes from to paint parts and do a lift said no value. It’s a liability. But that’s by me.
Must be a regional thing?

The local tire shops around here absolutely buy used tires, and turn right around and sell them back to people.

I myself have scored a great deal on a used tire with the same amount of wear on it as the blown one I had to replace.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Must be a regional thing?

The local tire shops around here absolutely buy used tires, and turn right around and sell them back to people.

I myself have scored a great deal on a used tire with the same amount of wear on it as the blown one I had to replace.
Most likely regional. Yes. The only chain that buys take-offs it’s 8 hours south of me in the boonies. Everyone in the northeast told me to pound sand.

all the dealers I spoke to said to take the tires with me. Because not ony will they not give me money for them but they would actually CHARGE me 50 bucks to figure out how to dispose of them

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same as badlands but sized slightly differently.
The Badland tire is a KO2. This tire does not exist in SL or C load range in the size you mention.
So again, this does not work unless you want a E rated tire on your bronco which will drive shit on road.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Discount Tire and our Ford dealer don't want to have anything to do with buying/selling "used" tires. Even if I took the wheels off at the dealer and brought them to the tire shop for dismounting.

We put mud/traction tires on our work trucks- tires with less than 100 miles on them and they want to charge us for disposal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Badland tire is a KO2. This tire does not exist in SL or C load range in the size you mention.
So again, this does not work unless you want a E rated tire on your bronco which will drive shit on road.
Ok well I did the math and found the best tire size.

After doing the research on tire brands, what do YOU recommend for that tire size?

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok well I did the math and found the tire. It seemed okay. I’m not the answerman. What do YOU recommend for that tire size?
Well on Tirerack the only non E load range tire available in this size is https://generaltire.com/tires/light-trucksuv/grabber-apt

Which is not great.
If you go with the Badlands tire size (285/70/17) you have tons of choice in C load range and I would recommend Wildpeak AT3W, Toyo A/T III or BF KO2.
Unfortunately with the OBX, if you go 285/65/18 to have the same size then same issue as with your size, not much choice available.

For me, I would like to fit 285/75/17 which is 33.8” and in this size the excellent Toyo AT III is available in C load range. But I don‘t know if 33.8” tires (11.2 wide will fit well)

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is way too technical for me! But my big question is would a dealer be willing to swap out stock OBX tires for the 275/70/R18’s? I get get tires from my sons tire shop but would like to get some credit for the swap if possible. Thoughts?
That's my goal. Mention at ordering that I still have the option to switch dealers, ask if a set of tires could be put on the table as an incentive

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly I don’t care. I’ve written them off as a loss. It’s not worth selling IMO. They will go in my attic as a back up for a couple years until I toss them. The MIC top is a greater loss if I go mod. This build is saving me almost 6k to not go sasquatched AMB OBX I honestly care little about recouping a couple hundred from the tires and dealing with ppl that flake on the sale. Ever sell something on FB marketplace? If the value isn’t high enough it’s all most not worth the time fielding questions and having ppl flake out on the pick up

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly I don’t care. I’ve written them off as a loss. It’s not worth selling IMO. They will go in my attic as a back up for a couple years until I toss them. The MIC top is a greater loss if I go mod. This build is saving me almost 6k to not go sasquatched AMB OBX I honestly care little about recouping a couple hundred from the tires and dealing with ppl that flake on the sale. Ever sell something on FB marketplace? If the value isn’t high enough it’s all most not worth the time fielding questions and having ppl flake out on the pick up
You might be surprised with bronco tires. They are desirable sizes, when I sold my 50% tread Jeep tires they were gone in an hour. Helped the dude toss em in his truck and he was gone. Brand new tires? You’ll have a line around the block for em.
Sponsored