Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Mando, here was my thought process.

I always wanted the Sasquatch package, but the manual was more important to me. I decided that I would "settle" for the Badlands with stock wheels/tires and upgrade them later, maybe combined with a small lift. Once the ManSquatch was announced, I thought "perfect!" Then, of course, ManSquatch was pushed to '22 and, assuming Ford would not allow customers to delay their order, I was again going to settle for the stock wheel/tires. Once they announced we could delay for '22, I was thrilled and am doing just that. Yeah, I'll have to wait for a few more months, but I will end up with a truck that I absolutely love!

I am ordering a ManSquatch Badlands with the Lux package. I like the Black Diamond as well, but as this will be my daily driver, I want all the comfort/safety features that Lux provides.
Aman, thank you sharing your opinion. I really appreciate your opinion because you got to see a badlands in person. And there has to be something I am missing (just looking at photos) that makes you go for the Sasquatch even though the share almost all the suspension components.
Hopefully we will soon get to see the trucks in person and that will facilitate the selection process. Non-Sasquatch badlands with manual transmission or the badlands man-squatch!

cheers!
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aman, thank you sharing your opinion. I really appreciate your opinion because you got to see a badlands in person. And there has to be something I am missing (just looking at photos) that makes you go for the Sasquatch even though the share almost all the suspension components.
Hopefully we will soon get to see the trucks in person and that will facilitate the selection process. Non-Sasquatch badlands with manual transmission or the badlands man-squatch!

cheers!
You are very welcome.

Don't get me wrong, the 2-door Badlands with the optional wheels and MT tires looks great in person! I still look at the pics I took and am amazed at how awesome it is. However, I like my toys and know that I'll be disappointed with it as soon as I see a 2-door Sasquatch on the road.

This will be my first new car since my E46 M3, so I don't want to compromise if I don't have to.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AT are usually quieter than MT and often better for snow/ice unless it is a really well siped MT.

For a DD, I'd probably recommend that most people go with an AT over an MT unless you know you need the MT on the weekends.
Agreed, AT's are usually better than MT's for DD. But these Goodyear Territories should be a well mannered MT tire, much like the Goodyear Duratrac's, which some rumors are saying the Territory is the new Duratrac going forward. If that's true, I'd be bummed since I run Duratracs on my 1 ton and the wife's Jeep. It is my favorite DD Tire.

But I did do the Badlands Upgraded Rims (maybe their beadlocks-my order sheet from Ford says they are), but stuck with the AT's because I couldn't justify spending a $700 premium to buy tires that have Wrangler deleted off the sidewall. KO2s are a very good tire and I'll be happy with them-for a while.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It kind of amazes me that the pics Bronco Nation did for the FE, they dont do for every trim in every color... I was actually impressed with those photos.

I know if Stig had the opportunity, he would get those up here immediately for us and he doesn't even work in Marketing or PR!?‍♂?‍♂

Sponsored

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
No it doesn’t. I have also seen it in person and it’s gray.
I saw it in the road and it gray.

If anything a slight dull blue tint. At a far, I though it might be A51. As I got closer realized it was not.

It’s gray but probably pics up some residual color given surroundings.

The earlier description of white, mixed with a drop of black is very accurate

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to make one last try at this, then I'm going to drop the fight. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of comments on the forum about the true color of Cactus Gray.

What's the most plausible scenario?

A. A ton of people see a color in it that's not really there.

B. Some people can only see gray and can't pick up any other tones.

All I can say is, if any of you "only gray" people are actually ordering your Bronco in that color, be ready to get comments like "ooooh, I really like the green in that!". ?
I really can't understand how people are so confused by this color. It changes somewhat with lighting (like most, if not ALL colors do). In addition, if you place it next to another contrasting/complimentary color, it will appear as two different shades, but in reality didn't change at all (of course). Look at a typical real life photo of a CG Bronco, or Bronco Sport. It's nice, not spectacular, but nice. Then look at photos of a FJG Mustang Mach 1 with colored graphics. It looks dramatically better, even though I think they're almost exactly the same color. You put similar graphics on a CG Bronco; it'll win every time.

The only thing to consider is the interior with highlights based on whatever sticker comes with your chosen trim. You can change that at a cost, but if you don't want to spend the money, then choose wisely.

Exceptions to this would be AMB and Rapid Red. They are chameleon colors.

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damn!! Bad ASS!!! Thanks!!

Johnnycab

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@LEGEND does the sandstone interior on big bend look good? Also, do they include heated seats (shown in b&p) or do you still need to order mid?
I’ve called the Ford direct number and was told to call my dealer who will contact their rep to sort this out. When I was ordering on the 20th the sales person was in agreement with me that the heated seats on the sandstone seats was a flaw in the build & price. Will post again when I hear back from my dealer.

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve called the Ford direct number and was told to call my dealer who will contact their rep to sort this out. When I was ordering on the 20th the sales person was in agreement with me that the heated seats on the sandstone seats was a flaw in the build & price. Will post again when I hear back from my dealer.
Curious about too..I got the mid and sandstone!! Which has the heated seat option! I kinda hope for heated seats but not a deal breaker!

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious about too..I got the mid and sandstone!! Which has the heated seat option! I kinda hope for heated seats but not a deal breaker!
You'll get heated seats. Some were working on the assumption that heated seats could be had without ordering Mid package just by optioning the Sandstone. It still isn't clear if it is a bug with B/P (likely) or an actual built in feature unique to the Sandstone seats.

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would def sell an organ if I could get heated seats in any color with MT on something lower than BL

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You'll get heated seats. Some were working on the assumption that heated seats could be had without ordering Mid package just by optioning the Sandstone. It still isn't clear if it is a bug with B/P (likely) or an actual built in feature unique to the Sandstone seats.
Ohhh okay! Thank you!!

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would def sell an organ if I could get heated seats in any color with MT on something lower than BL
Hopefully get that in 22 won't have to sell an organ ??
Sponsored