Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is everyone here who are having issues all MIC top builds I wonder? 2 door and 4 door?
From what I can tell ... the builds that HAVE been built but are on hold cover the full spectrum.
My plain jane Base is held up at Flint the same as a Wildtrack. 2 doors, 4 doors, hard tops, soft tops .... one thing is sure,They are not discriminating!

Nobody will state why these builds have been held, so nobody can say why the next group will or won't get built/held/ sent over a cliff/ whatever.
Sponsored

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am exactly in your position though I got my VIN earlier. And I mean exactly. Same build. I’ll get it when I get it. So far I’m out $100 that is refundable. Don’t understand the anger I see in some post. Those who have a built vehicle sitting in a lot because of a bad top are the only ones, IMHO, who can complain. Otherwise. It is what it is. Ford isn’t making any money when they can’t ship vehicles. Has anyone thought of that?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford isn’t making any money when they can’t ship vehicles. Has anyone thought of that?
By coincidence, that issue comes front & center Tuesday. These quarterly calls/reports look both backward and forward...the forward part presenting guidance to investors for the coming quarter. The SEC has unimaginably-strict restrictions on listed companies not communicating financial-related information between reports.

The Bronco MIC issue might well be ugly enough to impact financials for the next 2-4 quarters, and I expect that's why Ford has been mute on the extent of the problem. I expect we'll get an illuminating message this wednesday.

Ford Motor Company is expected* to report earnings on 07/28/2021 after market close. The report will be for the fiscal Quarter ending Jun 2021. According to Zacks Investment Research, based on 4 analysts' forecasts, the consensus EPS forecast for the quarter is $-0.11.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By coincidence, that issue comes front & center Tuesday. These quarterly calls/reports look both backward and forward...the forward part presenting guidance to investors for the coming quarter. The SEC has unimaginably-strict restrictions on listed companies not communicating financial-related information between reports.

The Bronco MIC issue might well be ugly enough to impact financials for the next 2-4 quarters, and I expect that's why Ford has been mute on the extent of the problem. I expect we'll get an illuminating message this wednesday.

Ford Motor Company is expected* to report earnings on 07/28/2021 after market close. The report will be for the fiscal Quarter ending Jun 2021. According to Zacks Investment Research, based on 4 analysts' forecasts, the consensus EPS forecast for the quarter is $-0.11.
Interesting, but I'd expect nothing ground breaking in any report. Most everything could be reasonably glossed over as growing pains for an all new vehicle releasing during a pandemic and resulting wide spread materials shortages..

Now, as for all the backroom chatter that will come of it, from solid sources ....maybe some good intell can e gleaned from that.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd expect nothing ground breaking in any report
agreed....but Ford's road seems to be a bit bumpier than other auto makers. Certainly I wouldn't anticipate Bronco problems arising on the call...but whether Q3 guidance softens will be interesting to see. Tue/Wed stock pricing will be the tell

Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build week 8/16. Scheduled day was the 21st. Moved up to the 19th.
Lucky, I was build some day 08/16, now pushed to 08/19. Originally scheduled for June build. Will see what happens in the next 3 weeks. I suspect further delays.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With roofs on...
Show us the broncos sitting outside with no roofs on, would like to see it. I know we saw a 4 door with no rear window but we don’t know that it’s been sitting outside open to the elements and all the 2 doors we saw had a too on them with the bad roof written on a window 🤷🏻

capterik

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex, ram promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Then they need another option, fast. My Bronco was built 3 weeks ago and has been sitting outside ever since.
Once these vehicles have been rotting outside for a few months, they won't be sellable. Not to anyone with half a brain, that is.
wow, didn't realize they can not sit outside, thought they were tough, my previous fords sit outside with no issues

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have worked for several well known public companies and I can assure you that they will sugar coat any bad news on the earnings call, if they even mention it at all. They may even wait to see if an analyst brings it up during the call. YMMV.

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
wow, didn't realize they can not sit outside, thought they were tough, my previous fords sit outside with no issues
ford flex...lmfaoooo

hey, if you leave all them Fords outside with missing windows or a leaking top then you're either really lucky or really dumb!

Ford Bronco 16-Aug-21 Build Date Gone. giphy

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Show us the broncos sitting outside with no roofs on, would like to see it. I know we saw a 4 door with no rear window but we don’t know that it’s been sitting outside open to the elements and all the 2 doors we saw had a too on them with the bad roof written on a window 🤷🏻
Just saying those are the only.ones I'd be worried about "rotting" away out there. I really hope there are none, but you can bet if there are any then photos of them are not being circulated by Ford.

capterik

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex, ram promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
ford flex...lmfaoooo

hey, if you leave all them Fords outside with missing windows or a leaking top then you're either really lucky or really dumb!

Ford Bronco 16-Aug-21 Build Date Gone. giphy
I own 11 vehicles, and have been buying new fords for 40 years, flex is one of the best ever, I've owned king ranch diesels, and lower trim models. Why would you think that they are building vehicles without roofs and parking them outside, do you have pictures? As far as I know they are only building vehicles they have the parts for, other than talk of building vehicles without chips , and putting them in later. Seems to me the only dumbass is the one that speculates on them doing something dumb.

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lucky, I was build some day 08/16, now pushed to 08/19. Originally scheduled for June build. Will see what happens in the next 3 weeks. I suspect further delays.
Maybe we will both get built the 19th.
Sponsored