First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I was looking to replace my stock OBX tires to something bigger, I wanted stay with a ”C” rated tire. All the larger 18” are “E” rated. Ended up dumping the OEM wheels and tires and went 17” RTR’s +30 and 315 KO2’s. Poke is a little over an inch. I installed Malbec front flaps and with the stock OBX running boards, I’ve had no chips so far, and I travel gravel fire roads a lot. Very happy with the KO2’s.

44FD98E8-F09D-4FA2-8BF7-F33F0D632339.jpeg
Sponsored

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I was looking to replace my stock OBX tires to something bigger, I wanted stay with a ”C” rated tire. All the larger 18” are “E” rated. Ended up dumping the OEM wheels and tires and went 17” RTR’s +30 and 315 KO2’s. Poke is a little over an inch. I installed Malbec front flaps and with the stock OBX running boards, I’ve had no chips so far, and I travel gravel fire roads a lot. Very happy with the KO2’s.

Ford Bronco 17" vs. 18" wheels 44FD98E8-F09D-4FA2-8BF7-F33F0D632339
Do you have a lift on that?

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As someone who put 35" tires on the OBX 18" wheels, the options are way more limited compared to 17" wheels.
Which 35’s did you put on the OBX 18” wheels? Pictures?

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking of upgrading my wheels soon - but keep thinking that 18s would look nicer.....But at what cost?
- Comfort loss going from 17s to 18s?
- Decrease of Off Roading capabilities?
- etc......

I'm likely not doing any major rock climbing/crawling stuff, but do want to retain most of the Bronco's off-Roading prowess :)

I'm choosing between the KMC Recon (Satin Black) or the ICON Alloys Thrust (Silver/Alloy color)
I changed my non-Sas badlands, from !7" to 18". 9" wide rims, with a "0" offset. I removed the crash bars and added 35" Geolander X-AT tires, with a Zone 2"/1" lift level kit.

Ford Bronco 17" vs. 18" wheels FB025

Ford Bronco 17" vs. 18" wheels FB)!

Ford Bronco 17" vs. 18" wheels FB02

Sponsored

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wish I had 17" wheels, but I can't find any I like that don't have a big offset. I don't need paint chips.
There are Big Bend wheels on eBay. Fairly cheap.

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1” Zones front only. I have no need to go higher and it seems bigger lifts Introduce all kinds of geometry issues and failures.

Do you have a lift on that?

Sponsored
OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco 17" vs. 18" wheels FB02
looks nice! Are the stock SAS tires "C" rated or higher?

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm thinking of upgrading my wheels soon - but keep thinking that 18s would look nicer.....But at what cost?
- Comfort loss going from 17s to 18s?
- Decrease of Off Roading capabilities?
- etc......

I'm likely not doing any major rock climbing/crawling stuff, but do want to retain most of the " :)

I'm choosing between the KMC Recon (Satin Black) or the ICON Alloys Thrust (Silver/Alloy color)
if you're not planning on doing in serious off roading 18 inch wheel's will be fine. If you think you'll have the need/be in a situation where you'll need to air down go with the 17's

Keep in mind most of " Bronco's off-Roading prowess" sits behind the steering wheel.

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Goodyear Territory (stock on SAS) is also “C” rated and probably a bit lighter than the KO2 but I think the KO2 is a way better tire all around.

looks nice! Are the stock SAS tires "C" rated or higher?

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Goodyear Territory (stock on SAS) is also “C” rated and probably a bit lighter than the KO2 but I think the KO2 is a way better tire all around.
Would you say that the "ride quality" is markedly better than the stock tires? :)
Sponsored