Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer is saying that his rep says all of our builds will be scheduled before the end of May.
Just start that off with "My Momma said..."

If you believe a salesman then I gots a bridge to sell you.

The actual story is Ford is suppose to provide everyone with a first round order a "window" of time that their build is planned to occur, via email before the end of May. Actually being scheduled is an entirely different thing. This is what the entire thread is about. IMO there are to many outstanding unknown factors for Ford to do this on a large scale. We are trying to keep hope alive but I think someone at Ford let their mouth overload their ass, even given it was with good intentions.
Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh contraire.....we all have deposits on Broncos that were promised spring of 21. Some deposits as high as $2k. Dealerships have been holding those deposits for as much as a year. I think they owe us something when we finalize the purchase.......don't you?
Where was this promise?

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Complicated is the true answer... Dealers are NOT acting on behalf of Ford... they are acting on behalf of themselves.

Dealers rely on Ford and Ford relies on Dealers. Dealers are independent business able to do what they want with their business. Unfortunately Ford doesn't have the pull to force Dealers do things a certain way like other franchises like McDonalds.

Ford can and does provide incentives/recommendations to Dealers on how to improve the customer experience, increase traffic, etc... but end of the day each Dealer runs their business the way they want.

Some are more aligned with Ford than others

It can be a no win situation for both parties... and most importantly us customers.
This is correct and exactly why I made that distinction in my earlier post. Ford isn't so much on the hook. But the dealers who chose to play hard and push for the deposits are and they are now dependent on Ford to deliver. I don't see the May email as a line in the sand. But, Ford will have to deliver at some point or dealers are going to have to start coughing up deposits. Ultimately, that could put a strain on the relationship that exists between Ford and their dealer network. As other's have pointed out, the choice to take deposits is on the dealership, not Ford.

In my mind, Those of us that didn't place a deposit with the dealership are still kicking the tires and not really entitled to anything. However, those that put money down are definitely entitled to expect the dealerships to hold up their end of the bargain. That's not entitlement. That's just business 101.

donspillman

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where was this promise?
In an email, that we would get word from Ford in May. Not a Bronco, just information. It did not say promise, but when I tell someone something I do what I say. Ford should do the same. Hey, they might. Today is only the 12th. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. But, yes, it was a promise in my world.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At this point I would be willing to give up my future first born child just to get my bronco scheduled... you don't even want to know what I would sacrifice to actually receive said bronco

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Complicated is the true answer... Dealers are NOT acting on behalf of Ford... they are acting on behalf of themselves.

Dealers rely on Ford and Ford relies on Dealers. Dealers are independent business able to do what they want with their business. Unfortunately Ford doesn't have the pull to force Dealers do things a certain way like other franchises like McDonalds.

Ford can and does provide incentives/recommendations to Dealers on how to improve the customer experience, increase traffic, etc... but end of the day each Dealer runs their business the way they want.

Some are more aligned with Ford than others

It can be a no win situation for both parties... and most importantly us customers.
I'll agree with that

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where was this promise?
Mabe I misspoke...promise was probably not the right word. When they took our initial reservation we were all under the assumption Ford was going to ...

Ahhhhhh...never mind...its a moot point now. My dealer won't even tell me how many allocation they got. I guess I wait.....

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford sets the MSRP don't they?
"Suggested" being the key word here. Legally they can't enforce the price. But then again a state doesn't have to follow the federal speed limits either...

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In an email, that we would get word from Ford in May. Not a Bronco, just information. It did not say promise, but when I tell someone something I do what I say. Ford should do the same. Hey, they might. Today is only the 12th. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. But, yes, it was a promise in my world.
They meant next May..not this one!!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm.....not so sure they don't owe us something. I put down my 1000 smackers just like roughly 100,000 other people did. for 100 million in earnest money, I think they can start to produce more than a few test mules.

In fact, new idea, they just rename the model to the 'Mule', because that's the only thing anyone has ever seen of the damn thing :)
My dealership asked me for $1,000 too... I responded with "How about $500?" and they're like "Sure, doesn't matter to me." I think they just wanted to filter out the people who would place an order and just walk away shortly after.

That being said, they also mentioned it was fully refundable and I would be able to test drive/see the Bronco when it arrived before fully committing. Thought that was fair.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In my mind, Those of us that didn't place a deposit with the dealership are still kicking the tires and not really entitled to anything. However, those that put money down are definitely entitled to expect the dealerships to hold up their end of the bargain. That's not entitlement. That's just business 101.
Hahaha this hilarious, thanks for the laugh. Some would say that putting a non refundable deposit on something you haven't drove or even seen in person is just plain stupid. Talk about business 101! Besides, I wasn't asked for a deposit (wouldn't have paid if I were), and I'm just as serious a buyer as you seem to think you are. As soon as my FE lands at my dealer this year, I'll be in the lot with a rack of hundies in my pocket. 🤑
Sponsored