Sasquobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I spoke with my dealer today to see if there’s any movement on their current orders and allocation numbers. Bad news for me was no change but also was told Ford is asking him to add stock orders without any upgrades. He added 7 so far to his orders. Looks like dealers may be getting a bunch of basic Broncos to add to their inventory for sale. Bad news for us because it means Ford will be filling more if they’re production queue with vehicles we won’t get. May push us even farther back. Any one else heard this?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, dealers have been told that if constraints keep them from filling reservation orders, their allocation will be filled with retail orders if those orders are not constrained.
Large dealers with a lot of reservation orders will probably not get many retail orders as there should be enough reservation orders to fill.

If your order is constrained, they aren't building it regardless of what they build before it. MAP will build with the parts they have.

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
as long as scheduling isn't cancelled this coming week, if someone is considering a soft top or downgrading equipment, do it by Tomorrow...

also...Ford plans on giving dealers 17,000 base (101A) vehicles for August wholesale...101A has less microchips from what im being told...if you are considering a downgrade to a lower trim, here is your opportunity to timestamp jump...

SCHEDULING ON THURSDAY, JULY 1

• EcoSport – Unscheduled allocation in Week 26
  • Bronco – Unscheduled allocation in Week 31
  • Expedition – Unscheduled allocation in Week 27
  • Ranger – Unscheduled allocation in Week 31
  • Transit – Unscheduled allocation in Week 30
Tom @ Horsham mentioned this a few weeks back

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

August will be the first month of "full production" and dealer stock orders will be the beneficiary while customer orders languish awaiting "constrained parts"....

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There was a much anticipated letter from Ford a over a month ago that stated this was going to happen.

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I spoke with my dealer today to see if there’s any movement on their current orders and allocation numbers. Bad news for me was no change but also was told Ford is asking him to add stock orders without any upgrades. He added 7 so far to his orders. Looks like dealers may be getting a bunch of basic Broncos to add to their inventory for sale. Bad news for us because it means Ford will be filling more if they’re production queue with vehicles we won’t get. May push us even farther back. Any one else heard this?
My local dealer received 8 base stock builds and already have them all claimed (sold).

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While it hurt to see dealers stock before I even get a sniff of a build date I do understand Fords position. Ford can't just sit back, and not utilize readily available profits. The Board of Directors, and the stock holders would have someone's nuts in a vise if they just ignored the chance of making money.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My local dealer received 8 base stock builds and already have them all claimed (sold).
The only people I could see that would be upset by seeing this news are the reservation holders who have base Broncos on order with no build dates. Ford said they'd build reservation customers first, way back when and well they won't be doing that if they follow through on this. At least from the point of view I'm looking at it from.

I feel bad for the Base Bronco buyer through all this, I feel like they're being strung along for no apparent reason.

edit: If your dealer has reservations for Base Broncos and those reservation holders don't get them, that's a damn shame. It would directly be why people are getting pissed off too.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only people I could see that would be upset by seeing this news are the reservation holders who have base Broncos on order with no build dates. Ford said they'd build reservation customers first, way back when and well they won't be doing that if they follow through on this. At least from the point of view I'm looking at it from.

I feel bad for the Base Bronco buyer through all this, I feel like they're being strung along for no apparent reason.

edit: If your dealer has reservations for Base Broncos and those reservation holders don't get them, that's a damn shame. It would directly be why people are getting pissed off too.
But are we talking about base 2-doors or base 4-doors? That is a key distinction, due to the fact a 2-door must have a hardtop (which is a limited available component).

So I am wondering when people say base units will show up as stock, do they mean only base 4-door soft tops?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But are we talking about base 2-doors or base 4-doors? That is a key distinction, due to the fact a 2-door must have a hardtop (which is a limited available component).

So I am wondering when people say base units will show up as stock, do they mean only 4-door soft tops?
True. I didn't really think of that aspect. It is a big factor for sure. We've had plenty of time and communication to switch a 4dr hardtop to a soft top to fill the order too. It's really on the consumer to reach out, but if dealers aren't forthcoming with making the changes, then if those dealers hold that change back to get dealer stock.... YIKES... that could be a bad situation.

Glad I'm not in it. Patiently waiting for MY22 and watching from the sidelines.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I am wondering when people say base units will show up as stock, do they mean only base 4-door soft tops?
(I think it was) Tom said only four door codes were available to order.
Sponsored