First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had mine going on a year. 15-16k miles. No issues up to this point. I have an older 2004 ranger non turbo 2.3 that gave me right at 200k miles before major failure. I believe it would have lasted longer but I got it when i was a teenager, gave it little maintenance and a lot of neglect. I had 3 valves break apart at once. I know it’s a different animal, but the base design is similar.

if you have have engine issues post it up, and please include the mileage.
22000 miles in 18 months - no issues at all
Sponsored

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost 2 years and runs perfectly!

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One year, 32,000 miles, no problems. I have the ProCal which added the torque this engine needed. I average 22mpg real world calculation, I find the computer mpg to be four percent off. Honestly no problems what so ever except the MT trans grind. I'm not worried, I bought ESP protection up to 150,000 miles. If the trans is going to take a crap it will by then.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2021 Big Bend. 15k miles. No issues with engine.

Issues with the radio head unit all the time though. Syncing to Apple Car Play or it just shuts off and reboots every now and then when I’m driving.

Sponsored

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have to wash mine after driving through a dusty area. That’s the worst issue I’ve had with the engine so far.
try living on a dirt road...LOL I can't keep it clean for more than 2 days!

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I only have 500 miles on my 2.3, that said no issues. If I had to complain it would be that its rather noisy, but once I get over 45mph the wind drowns out the engine.
Most modern 4cyl engines with direct injection are quite noisey. Doesnt bother me cause stereo wind and tire noises over power it lol. Woulda been nice to get an engine cover and hood pad to eliminate some of that.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

'22 BD 2.3L Manual, 42k miles. Change oil and rotate 5 tires every 5k. Only major issue was the trans scraping/grinding, which was replaced at 37k. They did the wiper software flash at that point too.

Other than that I love it, so fun to drive.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

'22 BD 2.3L Manual, 42k miles. Change oil and rotate 5 tires every 5k. Only major issue was the trans scraping/grinding, which was replaced at 37k. They did the wiper software flash at that point too.

Other than that I love it, so fun to drive.
So your tranmission grind is no longer with the new tranmission? I'm going to start a new thread...

...with a poll...

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So your tranmission grind is no longer with the new tranmission? I'm going to start a new thread...

...with a poll...
After a couple thousand miles I thought maybe I heard something, so very faint, on a cold winter morning. I can't really say if it's the same issue. With it warming up here in MN I may have to wait until next winter to listen again. Wish I had a better answer for you.

beepee24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan altima cp
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What failed?
honestly, nothing failed! bronco was great. just had a lot of smoke suddenly coming from the exhaust. immediately took it in, dealership performed a barascope (i’m completely butchering that i know) to diagnose the problem and found a leak. cylinder head was cracked.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

honestly, nothing failed! bronco was great. just had a lot of smoke suddenly coming from the exhaust. immediately took it in, dealership performed a barascope (i’m completely butchering that i know) to diagnose the problem and found a leak. cylinder head was cracked.
Borescope. It’s just a tiny camera that you can snake down the spark plug hole to look into the cylinder.

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4,000 miles, runs great. My only complaint is the engine sounds like R2D2 on startup. Runs sluggish until warmed up. Maybe wastegate and rich startup for emissions?

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a ‘21 (Cyber Orange)25k mi and a ‘22 (Erection Green) 22k mi. Both are 2.3’s with zero issues. I had a ‘21 (Race Red) with the 2.7 that I traded for the ‘22. It was an early production mannequin and I did not want to encounter the 2.7 failure bug.!
Ford Bronco 2.3 failures / issues. Post the issues you have had IMG_2160
Sponsored