Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@contented how did you get the AC belt off without cutting it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
contented

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@contented how did you get the AC belt off without cutting it?
After I got out of the water and shortly there after got the overheating coolant message I stopped and opened hood. Both belts were off and laying on top of the skid plate. The long (serpentine) belt around alternator and water pump was broken. The short belt to a/c was off too, but not broken. Why it came off on its own I attribute to hydraulic pressures of the water and spinning belt. The fact that it wasn’t broken and then just the proper length to stretch over the just alternator and water pump I can only attribute to it being my lucky day. The short answer, it came off on its own. :)

The pic below is how I got home. Or said another way, it is the a/c belt stretched over alternator and water pump. I cut it this morning to get it off.
Ford Bronco 2.3 L Serpentine Belts IMG_2213

Last edited:

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
recommended intervals for belt replacements?

OP
OP
contented

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
John, I don’t know the answer to your question. It’s something I probably would’ve done at 50k, just because.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After I got out of the water and shortly there after got the overheating coolant message I stopped and opened hood. Both belts were off and laying on top of the skid plate. The long (serpentine) belt around alternator and water pump was broken. The short belt to a/c was off too, but not broken. Why it came off on its own I attribute to hydraulic pressures of the water and spinning belt. The fact that it wasn’t broken and then just the proper length to stretch over the just alternator and water pump I can only attribute to it being my lucky day. The short answer, it came off on its own. :)

The pic below is how I got home. Or said another way, it is the a/c belt stretched over alternator and water pump. I cut it this morning to get it off.
Ford Bronco 2.3 L Serpentine Belts IMG_2213
Great “field” fix…. Great to know that works…

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
John, I don’t know the answer to your question. It’s something I probably would’ve done at 50k, just because.
Thanks, I am all for early maintenance. Probably will be done sooner though than 50k though. My '22 just broke 10,000 miles about a week ago.
Sponsored