Sponsored

2.3 Liter Sasquatch vs Non Sasquatch?!?!?!

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
im assuming that’s 2” lift blocks…how’s the ride?
2in leveling kit. Rides the same as it did stock, didn't notice any difference. Probably because it keeps the factory springs.
Sponsored

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, I’d read on several occasions that blocks would kill the ride. Doesn’t make sense to me, thanks for answering.
I think that rough ride part might be refering to body spacer lifts people put on pickup trucks. They lift the body off the frame, take out the rubber bushings and swap them for solid spacer blocks to make the body sit a few inches higher. Those body lifts are only for looks and fender clearance, since they don't give your suspension anymore travel like an actual suspension lift would.

Suspension spacers should maintain the factory ride quality.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Smaller and narrower, lighter tires are going to always be better in the performance category. Less resistance and rolling weight. Either way, as long as you stay with the stock gearing and the tire size your vehicle comes with and don't lift it you should fine for a daily driver on pavement.

What you do not want to do is go to a larger tire size and keep stock gearing. That will hurt performance and acceleration the most.

I am very concerned with the same thing as you are- on road performance. Off road for me is going to be very light trails and the Bronco is going to eat up anything. On the road here where I live are 3 lane roads, lot of stop lights where everyone floors it, then drives very fast. 80-100 on the interstate. I don't personally drive that fast but need the power to get out of the way of those who do so I don't get run over. I went 2.7 and Sas- base for the lightest weight. I don't need Sas but the looks are so awesome, had to have it.

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Smaller and narrower, lighter tires are going to always be better in the performance category. Less resistance and rolling weight. Either way, as long as you stay with the stock gearing and the tire size your vehicle comes with and don't lift it you should fine for a daily driver on pavement.

What you do not want to do is go to a larger tire size and keep stock gearing. That will hurt performance and acceleration the most.

I am very concerned with the same thing as you are- on road performance. Off road for me is going to be very light trails and the Bronco is going to eat up anything. On the road here where I live are 3 lane roads, lot of stop lights where everyone floors it, then drives very fast. 80-100 on the interstate. I don't personally drive that fast but need the power to get out of the way of those who do so I don't get run over. I went 2.7 and Sas- base for the lightest weight. I don't need Sas but the looks are so awesome, had to have it.
I don’t know, it seems the Bronco is seriously lacking for ground clearance. I can’t see myself getting anything without Sasquatch package. Badlands being the only exception.

Sponsored

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have driven both but only on pavement (i'll be taking my basesquatch for it's first off-road adventure this weekend)

Tire road noise difference is minimal.
The extra sas lift gives noticeable FOV advantage.
Can't speak much on anything else since it was just pavement.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

A tire's rotational weight is the main factor that affects acceleration and braking. A wider tire is MORE efficient because they have LESS resistance. A taller tire also has LESS resistance. People do not understand this...

Why do wide tires roll better than narrow ones?
The answer to this question lies in tire deflection. Each tire is flattened a little under load. This creates a flat contact area.
At the same inflation pressure, a wide and a narrow tire have the same contact area. A wide tire is flattened over its width whereas a narrow tire has a slimmer but longer contact area.
The flattened area can be considered detrimental to tire rotation. Because of the longer flattened area of the narrow tire, the wheel loses more of its “roundness” and produces more deformation during the rotation. In a wide tire, the flattened area is shorter in length and does not have so much effect on the rolling direction. The tire stays “rounder” and therefore it rolls better.

rollwiderstand_diagramm_2_en.jpg
rollwiderstand_breit_schmal_s_en.jpg

hauspwr

Badlands
First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2.3 4dr Badlands Sasquatch... I have ZERO complaints on the ride, power or handling. Over 5k miles now, and it's been incredible.

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A tire's rotational weight is the main factor that affects acceleration and braking. A wider tire is MORE efficient because they have LESS resistance. A taller tire also has LESS resistance. People do not understand this...

The answer to this question lies in tire deflection. Each tire is flattened a little under load. This creates a flat contact area.
At the same inflation pressure, a wide and a narrow tire have the same contact area. A wide tire is flattened over its width whereas a narrow tire has a slimmer but longer contact area.
The flattened area can be considered detrimental to tire rotation. Because of the longer flattened area of the narrow tire, the wheel loses more of its “roundness” and produces more deformation during the rotation. In a wide tire, the flattened area is shorter in length and does not have so much effect on the rolling direction. The tire stays “rounder” and therefore it rolls better.

Ford Bronco 2.3 Liter Sasquatch vs Non Sasquatch?!?!?! rollwiderstand_breit_schmal_s_en
Ford Bronco 2.3 Liter Sasquatch vs Non Sasquatch?!?!?! rollwiderstand_breit_schmal_s_en
So dose it make a difference if you are moving from a passenger tire to LT? I understand the Wrangler “35’s” are LT’s….or are they?

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2.3 4dr Badlands Sasquatch... I have ZERO complaints on the ride, power or handling. Over 5k miles now, and it's been incredible.
7-speed or auto?

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So dose it make a difference if you are moving from a passenger tire to LT? I understand the Wrangler “35’s” are LT’s….or are they?
Typically the larger tire lug the greater the rolling resistance. But again weight and diameter have the biggest differential in performance.

MalleyCats

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2017 Ford Transit 250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you add the Sasquatch after taking possession of the vehicle? I have currently being built Outer Banks 4-door, a really bad dealer to deal with, and also didnt want to lose my spot in line so didnt make any changes to original order. Thanks

Bronco Boater

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150 2.7 Echo boost
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got my base 2 door with 2.3 and auto with standard gearing and I have to say it performs pretty good basically the same as before with the small wheels. The Speedo is way off but no big

BCBB01DD-D7DE-4FB8-82C6-6CED107204F5.jpeg

7E51A09D-EA2F-446C-AEF5-3B3AB9039050.jpeg

71CD1923-7747-434D-84F9-84AC34955B0E.jpeg

310C1685-BC1E-4089-B2A8-241FBBDD6429.jpeg

Reactions: TG3

Bronco Boater

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150 2.7 Echo boost
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only crash bars removed no lift and no rubbing at all. The wheels and tires off a wild track

6E466A3D-1BE1-4552-B396-BA383A6565D6.jpeg

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a base squatch.... 2.3 auto.... ZERO issues for me....I avg 18 in the city and 20-21 hwy with my conservative driving... very happy with it.

Ford Bronco 2.3 Liter Sasquatch vs Non Sasquatch?!?!?! AMBbronco
Ford Bronco 2.3 Liter Sasquatch vs Non Sasquatch?!?!?! AMBbronco2
Sponsored