Sponsored

Anyone put a tuner on their 2.3L 7 Speed?

BoatMan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm looking for some reviews on different tuners. Its hard to find anything online for those of us who have the 7 speed manual transmission with the 2.3 liter. If you've added a tuner that's added true horsepower (not the pedal commander), I would like to hear about your experience. (I'm not down on the pedal commander, but I really want a legit HP and Torque increase).
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In installed the Panda Power Module and included spark plugs yesterday evening. Haven't had a chance to run it through it's paces as of yet, so no real opinions to give you.

The install was incredibly simple. 10 minutes to swap out the plugs and only 5 minutes to install the module...easy peasy.

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm looking for some reviews on different tuners. Its hard to find anything online for those of us who have the 7 speed manual transmission with the 2.3 liter. If you've added a tuner that's added true horsepower (not the pedal commander), I would like to hear about your experience. (I'm not down on the pedal commander, but I really want a legit HP and Torque increase).
Panda Power Module Blog

ShopGirl24

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2012 Ford F150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the JB4 tuner from Burger Tuning and noticed a considerable increase especially in low end 2nd and 3rd gear, which I really felt was lacking before. It's not track worthy, but definitely plants you in your seat more now, which is what I wanted. I also like the fact that it's a piggyback tuner, does not flash the computer, so I can remove with no trace if ever necessary. I'm currently running it with premium fuel, but will try one of the e-blends when the cooler weather rolls around, and we'll see if there's a difference there as well. :)
Sponsored