Sponsored

Intercooler upgrades on 2.3L anyone (charge pipes also).

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Problem is the mustang doesn’t use active shutters in front of its intercooler on the performance package, unlike the Bronco
They get deleted when ya upgrade to the FMIC with a few kits I believe
Sponsored

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I may be wrong but I thought with aftermarket they retain the active shutters. I’ve had a few ecoboost vehicles and tuning I’ve always just removed the active shutters and retained the oem intercoolers. Now I will agree the intercoolers for the 2.0 and smaller engines are undersized. I had the 2.7 in my F150 and with towing a 8,000lbs camper, in the summer temps in the CAC never exceeded 115 degrees with the shutters removed vs 160-180 temps with the shutters. Data logged every thing, I had better luck with oem. The metal charge pipes heat sink tremendously as well, yeah they are bigger and flow more but heat is the killer. If people are taking their broncos off roading you’re not really going to be getting a lot of air flow which results in heat soaking. The 2.3 and 2.7 aren’t really seeing heavy boost levels until 2500 rpms and above so it’s kind of a waste for an aftermarket if the intent is for off roading plus you’re out $800 if you damage it.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may be wrong but I thought with aftermarket they retain the active shutters. I’ve had a few ecoboost vehicles and tuning I’ve always just removed the active shutters and retained the oem intercoolers. Now I will agree the intercoolers for the 2.0 and smaller engines are undersized. I had the 2.7 in my F150 and with towing a 8,000lbs camper, in the summer temps in the CAC never exceeded 115 degrees with the shutters removed vs 160-180 temps with the shutters. Data logged every thing, I had better luck with oem. The metal charge pipes heat sink tremendously as well, yeah they are bigger and flow more but heat is the killer. If people are taking their broncos off roading you’re not really going to be getting a lot of air flow which results in heat soaking. The 2.3 and 2.7 aren’t really seeing heavy boost levels until 2500 rpms and above so it’s kind of a waste for an aftermarket if the intent is for off roading plus you’re out $800 if you damage it.
I’m pretty sure the intercoolers for boy engines are the same which tells me the size is very adequate or good for its application and even a tune

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only offroad 2-3 times a season tops, and I give her Italian tune ups at least once a week, so Ill take the cooler temps and slight power bump over Fords cheap designing
Sponsored