First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Presale is coming very soon! We'll also be offering a kit that is specific for upgrading with your intercooler too. More details to come soon!

-Nick
How soon is now? And when will ya have the dyno results?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to give this thread a bump for those who might not have already seen it, but our 2.3L Performance Intercooler Piping and Boot kit is now on presale, along with our full intercooler kit!

While we're at it, I just wanted to drop in our latest update on the development, and round off this R&D journey!

Pipeline - 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L Performance Intercooler Pipe Kit R&D, Part 4 – Performance Testing

Updating infrastructure is all about preparing for the future. We, as a society, are constantly expanding highways, power grids, and server rooms to prepare for increased bandwidth usage. The story is the same under the hood of any turbocharged vehicle since most enthusiasts are plotting to turn up the boost. The construction of our charged air corridor might have only started back in the spring, but we’re finally ready to open this new high-pressure highway.

Additional volume is essential for tuning turbocharged applications. With the impending wave of oncoming boost, we needed to ensure that the piping system would be equipped to handle everything a performance tune could throw at them. In our *last post* we covered our inner diameter size increases upwards of 1005 over the stock piping, and now we wanted to see how that equates in terms of performance.

NTR_0103.jpg

This big blue box houses an array of air pumps and precise measuring tools that help us pinpoint the differences in flow performance between the stock and our final designs. Make sure you head to our tech post to learn about this vital tool.

Our testing started on the flow bench. For this stage of the process, we tested each side of the piping system separately. This gives us a clear look at our improvements on each part of the system. Compared to the stock piping, we saw a 24.3% reduction in flow restriction on the hot side, with the cold side opening up by 61.7%.

Hot-Side-Flow.png

Cold-Side-Flow.png

With the flow testing complete, we loaded our 2.3L base Bronco, aka Pedro, on the dyno to investigate any bolt-on power. After running the whole gambit of testing on our stock-tuned 2.3L, including our complete intercooling kit, we noted the power numbers remained constant throughout. Likely this is due to the stock MAP-based tuning compensating fueling for the sudden influx of airflow through the system. The added volume and flow are the perfect addition to your 2.3L in preparation for a performance tune and are ideal for optimizing your performance with a tune installed.

NLT_9744.jpg

Even though the increased bandwidth isn’t immediately waiting at the gates for our Bronco, it’s on the way for those looking to squeeze every bit of power from their 2.3L. Updating the intercooling infrastructure is vital to elevating your 4-cylinder Bronco, and we have the right supplies to fortify your charged air pipeline. Grab yours today:

Performance Pipe and Boot Kit, fits Ford Bronco 2.3L, 2021+

MMICP-BR23-21MWBK_1.jpg

For those looking for a full intercooling overhaul, make sure you check out our full intercooling kit as well!

Performance Intercooler Kit, fits Ford Bronco 2.3L, 2021+

MMINT-BR23-21KBSL_1.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

-Nick

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Decided to keep mine and go the stock location route

wonder how she’ll feel with the pipes first?

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do these pipe kits only work with OEM or the Mishimoto intercoolers? I have a Whipple FMIC and cannot find any charge pipes that will fit it, other than the OEM pipes. Thanks!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do these pipe kits only work with OEM or the Mishimoto intercoolers? I have a Whipple FMIC and cannot find any charge pipes that will fit it, other than the OEM pipes. Thanks!
Hey @Migo - we have two kits, one which works with stock inlet/outlets and another which works with our Stock Location intercooler (changes from quick-disconnect to bead-roll to increase the inner diameter and increase flow). To mate with a stock-style intercooler, you are looking for our MMICP-BR23-21. In comes in either Polished (P suffix) or Wrinkle Black (MWBK suffix).

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's 2.3L Intercooler Pipe R&D Thread MMICP-BR23-21MWBK_1

Hope this helps!

- John

Sponsored

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @Migo - we have two kits, one which works with stock inlet/outlets and another which works with our Stock Location intercooler (changes from quick-disconnect to bead-roll to increase the inner diameter and increase flow). To mate with a stock-style intercooler, you are looking for our MMICP-BR23-21. In comes in either Polished (P suffix) or Wrinkle Black (MWBK suffix).

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's 2.3L Intercooler Pipe R&D Thread MMICP-BR23-21MWBK_1

Hope this helps!

- John
Thank you! Do you offer something like this for the 2.7L engine?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

23CarbonizedBadSas

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is my fault! Thank you! I am ordering now!
@Migo, did you get the Mishimoto Pipes installed on your Whipple Mega Intercooler? I'm wondering if you had any issues with the fit

Last edited:

23CarbonizedBadSas

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Mishimoto, Can you confirm that the charge pipe kit will fit a Whipple Mega Intercooler?
Hey @23CarbonizedBadSas - Sorry, I cannot confirm that fitment. We have not test fit our product with the competitor intercooler, only designed it around OEM and the Bronco intercoolers we have on the market. Sorry!

- John

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Migo, did you get the Mishimoto Pipes installed on your Whipple Mega Intercooler? I'm wondering if you had any issues with the fit
Hi! Yes, I can confirm that they fit! I have a 2023 Badlands SAS with 2.7 engine.

The Whipple intercooler, Mishi charge pipes, and Mishi CAI all fit and work great! With the Ford Performance Tune and Sport Mode Forscan mod, my Bronco RIPS now!

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yo Mishy the Fishy, any word on Radiators?

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did the MishiMoto Intercooler and Hot and Cold downpipes this past Friday. Install of the intercooler was very easy, with no help needed. Hot and Cold pipes were also easy, but I needed help from my wife when they needed to be put into the final position. I have a Borla touring cat back exhaust and K&N air filter, so I am hoping for a more efficient intake and exhaust. I have the 2.3 4 with the 7 speed trans.